• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenibut and Psychedelics

I'll try rectal admin sometime. I also read the report about nasal administration requiring only about 50mg. I'm not sure I buy it, though.

If nasal admin is more effective though, I would think rectal would be as well. I'll have to remember to try sometime.

rashandreflex said:
anyone have any info on how bioavailable phenibut is nasally or rectally (jamshyd, i saw your note, but do you think your dose is unusually high due to benzo tolerance?)...one other anecdotal source suggested that it was significantly more effective nasally (ie, 2 g orally=50 mg nasally) but i'd like some other experiences if anyone has them...
Yes, admittedly I cannot claim that my dosage for rectal phenibut are the status-quo. However, seeing that many oral dosages for non-tolerant people seem to avarage around 1g, I don't suspect that 500mg rectally is too out of the way. I really doubt it is THAT much more active nasally/rectally, unless its oral bioavailability is like 2% or something.

Though I have to warn you, this stuff tastes utterly insane. If you're going to try other MOAs, I highly recommend against insufflation.

500mg with benzo tolerance does it for you rectally? Damn. I've got no benzo tolerance whatsoever, nor do I use any other GABA-affecting drugs at all, but it takes me 1.5-2 grams orally to get the job done. And that's if I haven't taken it for a few days or so.

And yeah, it does taste horrendous.

^ Sorry, I need to clarify: the only thing that phenibut does for me, really, is keep benzo withdrawals at bay. It has little effect on me otherwise. Yesterday I have tried 1g rectally, and didn't seem to get anything more except for mild stimulation (most reminicent of a cup of strong green tea).

This might also be due to the fact that I had a horrendous GBL habit a year ago and when I had a single dose of GBL a week ago (which I really regretted), I found that my tolerance had not gone down to it during a year's abstiance...

Jamshyd said:
Yes, admittedly I cannot claim that my dosage for rectal phenibut are the status-quo. However, seeing that many oral dosages for non-tolerant people seem to avarage around 1g, I don't suspect that 500mg rectally is too out of the way. I really doubt it is THAT much more active nasally/rectally, unless its oral bioavailability is like 2% or something.

Though I have to warn you, this stuff tastes utterly insane. If you're going to try other MOAs, I highly recommend against insufflation.

well apparently most of an oral dose of phenibut can be recovered, unaltered, in a urine sample after consumption, which leads me to believe it is not very orally bioavailable (NOT that i am recommending evaporating one's urine as a way to salvage product:| ...i'm not that desperate)

i tried insufflating about 30 mg a couple hours ago, and it was fine in terms of taste, but i don't think i got any discernible effects....however, i don't know what it is supposed to do to me yet (like, how subtle is it?)

i guess i will experiment with different doses of rectal administration in the next couple of days

also does it give anyone nausea?

Keep in mind that the state a drug is excreted as in urine says nothing about bioavailability.

Methamphetamine, for example, even when taken IV, is excreted almost entirely unchanged. I never got nausea from phenibut - the only side-effect seems to be an occasional headache.

Jamshyd said:
Keep in mind that the state a drug is excreted as in urine says nothing about bioavailability.

Methamphetamine, for example, even when taken IV, is excreted almost entirely unchanged.

true...duh...maybe the phenibut is having negative effects on my cognition

I don't think benzos and phenibut would exhibit much cross-tolerance, as they act on different receptors and do not have the same physiological effects.

I'd imagine 14 grams is why you don't like it. That's excessive. You can OD on these things....the benign theaine was quite a bit rough when I took too much. Phenibut is subtle, it isn't a knock-you-on-your-ass type of drug.

NuM!NouS said:
Phenibut sucks ass. Never noticed anything from smalls doses and tastes like shit. I just took the rest of it (19 grams) because I thought it was inactive and wanted to see if it does anything at all. Woke up incredibly unable to function and puked some in toilet then passed out on bathroom floor. When I finally got back into bed i slept for nearly 24 hours and woke up still feeling horrible. Phenibut sucks and is a waste of time and money at low doses, high doses, and mixed with anything. I can't imagine it might make anything more injoyable. Besides maybe meth.. but doubt it.

Um, 19 grams? What could have possessed you to move from small doses straight to 19 grams? Did you think everyone here talking about phenibut was experiencing the placebo effect? Phenibut becomes too much pretty quick... you've got to find the correct dose for you. What kind of doses were you taking for your "small doses"? Personally, it takes me about 2 grams to get a good effect, but if I take 3, I get dizzy and disfunctional and fall asleep and wake up with a phenibut hangover.

You're lucky you're okay. But don't just say that phenibut sucks just because you took too small doses and then took an overdose. Also, like MGS said, it's not an in-your-face type of substance like GHB or benzos.

5-HT2 said:
I don't think benzos and phenibut would exhibit much cross-tolerance, as they act on different receptors and do not have the same physiological effects.
Yeah, as I pointed out I think it is a mixed Benzo and GHB tolerance thats going on...

Yesterday I went drinking for the first time in a very long time. I always avoid getting drunk (so my "drinking" is amost always never more than a couple of glasses of wine). They did shots. I said what the hell and went on with it. 10 shots of hard liquor later, and what do you know? One girl was passed out, another was fading in and out, the other guy was shitfaced, and I was... um, just a bit more than buzzed :\ haha.

400mg oral is my preferred dose. Any more than this and my speech begins to slur and I get sleepy.

Actually, I took it again last night (400mg oral) and was having some trouble with speech, not being able to produce flowing sentences. It has an odd anti-nootropic effect on my cognition. I don't think I like it.

I unwisely added 400mg phenibut to my system after drinking a few beers beforehand, so I was slightly drunk. I'd also had aniracetam and sulbutiamine tha evening. Well, I also snorted 27mg of K, and for 20mins it was all very insightful, and then I just kinda crashed - physically, and mentally I entered a pleasant dreamworld. Went to vomit once as I felt as bad as if I'd had far too much to drink.... and then kinda just spun out as if I was really drunk.

My friend also had the phenibut and the K but she hadn't had the other nootropics - instead she'd had a full dose of methylone. She didn't get the spin-out effects I got, although she, too, got a bout of nausea. I think the methylone is what kept her "up".

I will not take phenibut after drinking alcohol ever again. And I will definitely not add ketamine any more either, even in such low doses. Always gives me that hangoverish feeling the next day. Though apart from a mild hangovery headache I am feeling fine today.

best way I can describe what happened is that it felt like when I was a teenager and had far too much alcohol and then a big fat joint on top of that.... hadn't happened to me in years till last night, even though I hadn't had a lot of alcohol and not that much cannabis either.

^Ximot, have you ever mixed Ketamine with Alcohol before?

Because to me, the majority of your unpleasant experience sounds like what happenes when one takes K while drunk... IMO, Ketamine + Alcohol is the only potentially dangerous Ketamine combo.

I have taken small (20-30mg) doses of K after, say, three beer a small number of times... while it always had a bit of unpleasantness to it (more hangover), it was never like this. I think the phenibut had something to do with it. Though I agree that at higher dosages the combination K & alcohol is ptentialyl dangerous. I am going to refrain from combining them again anyway as it's waste of perfectly good K and also a health risk.

Wow, really? I took it every day for weeks with nothing even resembling withdrawals. Then again, I've never been addicted to a GABA-effecting substance... sometimes past problems can make new problems happen more easily.

Still, a point of concern, I suppose...