View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenibut and Psychedelics

solistus

Bluelighter
One thing I've wondered since discovering it is, how would phenibut work as a benzo alternative for use with psychedelics? It's a slow come up, so it's not effective to 'end' a bad trip, but it could still be taken in the morning to keep one calm during the come up. I haven't had a chance to test this out; has anyone else tried phenibut with psychedelics?

Phenibut with PEA's (E.g 2C-B) would definately be interesting, actually I haven't searched but wonder if the topic has been mentioned before. As phenibut is a PEA antagonist.

When I used phenibut I found I had an almost stimulant rebound effect as the chemical wore off the next day.

I have been wondering about the interaction of beta-phenyl GABA and seratogenic substances for quite some time. Unfortunately, not many have attempted this, or the fuckers are too lazy to post any info on dose/effects and such. Hopefully, someone will come forward with some info. I am waiting to try phenibut as a pre-load for 4-aco-mipt, but I would like at least some info 1st.

I have taken psychedelics on phenibut several times before. It mixed very well, really, but not synergistically at all. The phenibut provided a base of euphoria and inhibition that made the resulting psychedelic experiences. It worked particularly well for 2C-B-fly.

However, it didn't increase the strength or change the effects of the trip at all. it just made sure I was in a good mood. I didn't take the phenibut with the intention of mixing it in any of these cases. I just happened to decide to take a psychedelics sometime while still under the effects of pheneibut.

just as reference, Xorkoth. Does your mind slow down somewhat, voice tend to slur on phenibut? Euphoria, of course, but for me phenibut is kind of like the opposite effect of Piracetam.

I would not want to cloud my psychedelic experience with the effects I get from phenibut (even after the comedown, I still like to remain lucid).

btw, it will take awhile for me to get used to that avatar! 8o

I'm looking for a different one. I was just feeling silly this morning =D

Anyway, phenibut clouds me after a certain point, but I find that around 1.5 grams gives me euhporia without slurring or mental degradation.

I have only taken it over (or would that be under? :p) Ketamine. They seemed to not interact at all. But I have rather high GABA tolerance and Phenibut seems to do nothing to me besides stop withdrawals (very efficiently, must I add).

See, I find 400-500mg to begin to slur my speech (I may have a disposition toward a slightly slurring in my speech if I am not careful with my diction).

Definitely if I take 1 gram and alcohol it is pronounced. Really, I think phenibut and alcohol combine very nicely. There is a definite synergy, it allows me to feel very euphoric and intoxicated with very little alcohol (i.e. no hangover!).

But, one has to contest with the fact that one cannot keep up with one's friends drinking (esp. combined with the fact that this specific one is only 120lbs!!!!).

OK, it seems like I'm trying to derail this thread to talk about ME. Hehe...sorry!!!! 8) =D ;) :)

L%)VE!

I've never mixed phenibut with psychedelics, but friends of mine have. One of my friends found that it potentiated his mushroom trip. Many people I've talked to feel that it produces mild GHB-like effects.

samadhi_smiles said:
But the next morning, around 4:30-5:00am I will SNAP awake, like a dopamine rebound and just get up and get all of this crazy work done. And the day is usually rather euphoric, like a bearly controlled smile is always about to break through.

What time do you dose the phenibut? And does it change properties if you use higher dosages?

I used it for the first time last night... eyeballed an estimated 400mg 3 times over the course of the evening and felt REALLY tired later after also taking a melatonin, some 5-HTP, some valerian and some kava kava. So much so that I still felt dizzy this morning... in fact, this morning I felt like I was on GHb or on a benzo... managed to shake this feeling off later though. Wondering how to dose to have a chilled evening yet be able to feel refreshed and wakey-wakey in the morning. The sleepy combo above never mademe feel as monged as I felt this morning... apart from that, I enjoyed the effects of my first time with Phenibut, though I need more trials to really pinpoint what it does. Not unlike GHB but better in the sense that I still feel a bit more "me" and feel less compulsively hedonistic, and my intellect remains perfectly intact.

Phenibut seems to work fine rectally. 300 - 500mg rectally 2-3 times a day seems to keep away my benzo withdrawal. I'm very happy I found this stuff, since getting out of these last 10mg Diazepam was very, very, hard.

I have to say, this stuff is trippy simply to taste - I have never before encountered anything that tastes so sweet, sour, salty, and bitter (and even umame) all at once!!

^^^
Really? Mine is pretty much just sour. It actually covers up piracetam quite well, so no complaints there.

Phenibut lasts quite a long time. I usually try to dose all at once when I take my morning piracteam dosage and vitamins. Sometimes I redose a bit in the mid-afternoon, but that tends to lead to nighttime/morning grogginess. A single dose of 1-1.5g in the morning/early afternoon seems to work best.

I've never tried GHB, but I've heard it described as more disorienting/inebriating than alcohol, with similar positive effects. With phenibut, I get similar euphoria, social lubrication, and other enjoyable GABAnergic effects, but with very little loss of coordination, no slurring of speech, etc.

Ximot, I usually dose it about 6-7pm before going out with friends for drinks.

Actually, something just came to my mind that is very distressing, and may cause me to stop combining phenibut and alcohol. The morning after waking up (with dopamine rebound stimulation effect!!) the area on my mid-lower leftside back (liver?) was very sore (it was either an internal organ that was sore or possibly a pulled muscle). What caused me worry was the fact that this occurred after using phenibut (with 1-1.5g doses) and alcohol 2 nights in a row.

Perhaps this combo overloads the liver? Or perhaps it was just a coincidence and I had a slight strain from lifting weights...dunno!?!?

I've only mixed phenibut with alcohol once, and won't do so again. I have no tolerance to alcohol whatsoever, as I dislike its effects greatly, but on that occasion I had less than a single beer with a regular dose (around 1.5 grams for me) of phenibut, and I was shoshed (physically, not mentally). I was so tired and uincoordinated that I just had to fall asleep, and I felt dizzy and shitty the next morning.

For me, phenibut took some getting used to. The first few times I took it, it made me quite uncoordinated and dizzy. After that, a dose of 1.5 grams or a little more or less began to provide me with a very smooth and natural, almost transparent euphoria, in the sense that it felt like I was just having an extremely good day, the kind of day where you wake up to the sun shining and 70 degree weather and the smell of spring after a long winter and you just feel overflowing with joy. It makes me want to move a lot because it feels good to do so, and in that sense gives me a lot of energy, but at the same time it makes it easier to get randomly tired when I'm sitting down and not doing much. It totally erases any anxiety I might have. It has pretty significant muscle relaxant properties but mentally it leaves my mind sharp, although in social settings my inhibitions are definitely lowered. In that way, I find it very good for sex, although it doesn't seem to actually physically enhance anything there.

I find that taking my whole dose at once is the best way to do it. It results in the clearest effect with no side effects. If I take my doses spread out, or even worse, if I take an additional dose after the first, it makes my muscles start to ache in the same way that they do when I've drank some alcohol... it just generally makes my body feel tense and unpleasant. Phenibut lasts all day... I've never taken it after 2pm. It takes 2-3 hours to really be noticeable, for me. It's not really a drug-like effect so much as an enhancement effect on the state of mind you're in. As such, it provides absolutely no rush or strong buzz of any kind. There's bo noticeable drop-off or comedown, either. You just eventually are not affected anymore. I really do love the stuff, but I find that if I take it too often it will start to be ineffective almost no matter how much I take (actually some of the effects always happen but the euphoria does not). I give it at least a day between doses but generally several days or more.

Personally, I enjoy it more than any other GABAergic drug I've tried (although I've not tried GHB). I don't get any euphoria or recreational effects from benzos (I find them boring, zombifying, and entirely pointless unless you're battling anxiety or something), and I dislike alclhol greatly, but phenibut is very nice. But again, if you're looking for some new drug of abuse, don't expect phenibut to do it for you. It's not like that.

I used phenibut (an accurately measured 400mg) for the second time today, and what I have found is that it warms me up, somehow, much like GHB. I get hot ears and my hands and feet are also warmer than usual. This is quite pleasant.

Yes, Ximot, I concur with the face flushing. Sometimes my cheeks and ears blush red while using phenibut.

Xorkoth, it takes you that long to feel it? I feel it within the hour, definitely.

anyone have any info on how bioavailable phenibut is nasally or rectally (jamshyd, i saw your note, but do you think your dose is unusually high due to benzo tolerance?)...one other anecdotal source suggested that it was significantly more effective nasally (ie, 2 g orally=50 mg nasally) but i'd like some other experiences if anyone has them...

Yuck why would you want to insufflate that stuff! I can't imagine the drip would be fun......mmmmmmm salty bitterness!! 8o 8) =D

Take care please!

L%)VE!

^
bc if it was significantly more bioavailable nasally/rectally, then one could stretch a small amount a long way

I'm going to try and order this phenibut stuff to see what it's like, I'm pretty interested.