• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Yeah Lyrica and phenibut have some strong similarities, though I find Lyrica more quasi-psychedelic... I get visuals, and a feeling of grand adventure, it makes me really fucking high, I love it. The first time I had phenibut withdrawals, I was doing 3-4 grams every day for a year and then lost my tub and was broke and had to wait for my next paycheck to buy more. I didn't expect withdrawals because it was in 2006 and a lot less people had experience with it, and a lot of people were saying it was not physically addictive. I started getting pretty awful withdrawals, and a package I had given up for lost finally arrived, it was some Lyricas. I took 375mg I think it was, and proceeded to have the best day ever. Totally and completely eliminated the withdrawals and I got so damn high, it was one of the most euphoric drug experiences of my life.

I'm honestly pretty shocked that phenibut is still totally legal and cheaply and easily available as a supplement. Lol. After all this time, it's still just flying under the radar.

I'm not so sure it is here in the UK. I bought a bottle of Phenibut capsules a few years ago but can't find them on sale again. Seems it's a legal grey area here.

btw, what dosage of Pregabalin do you find gives you a nice buzz?

I agree that lyrica is a very very nice drug. I would even put it up there with the likes of K, MXE, and LSD. I love everything about a high dose of Lyrica or Gabapentin. You just keep stacking them until you're so sloppy you can barely walk. Then you put on the music, lay in bed, and see the move amazing visuals. A friend of mine (dead now) didn't believe me when I told him Gabapentin was probably my favorite drug. I liked it better than opioids, xanax, LSD, shrooms, MXE...list goes on. Gabapentin and Lyrica have a totally unique character that I don't think many people realize. They either don't take enough or take too much too quickly and waste it all. If you do a proper stack it will smack the hardest of hard heads down. Combine it with opioids and omg you're in pure bliss for 6-8 solid hours.

I can handle my shit in public. Alcohol? I could drive if I wanted (not that stupid). Morphine? Fix me up I'll nod all night with the best of them. MXE or K? I'll wobble with you until the sun comes up and the L starts to wear off. But a proper gabapentin stack? Fuck man I'm going to need use of the bed for the afternoon. I promise I won't hurt. I can try to walk but fuck if I'm going to far. Just leave me alone to the finger paintings I'm seeing behind my eyes please. Help yourself to whatever.

I've noticed phenibut really enhances the effects of gabapentin based drugs. Works the same way with beznos too of course. Mixed with everything well including kratom. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I read all the warning and still ordered the 100g tub. I've been taking 500-1g daily for the last couple of months. I haven't really noticed anything bad happen when I take breaks. Thing is this shit makes me sweat something awful when I first wake up. I know it isn't the kratom because sadly I've been taking it daily for a couple of years now. The sweating only started when I added the phenibut into the mix.

I've been trying to taper down slowly. It's so easy just to grab a scoop full out of the tub. I don't feel like it's that bad compared to other things I've been dependent on in the past. My sleep has really improved and I have less social anxiety around new people. I even managed to ask a girl out at her work place in front of other customers. If I'm doing that it must be doing something right.

btw, what dosage of Pregabalin do you find gives you a nice buzz?

Start low. I'm going off the top of my head here but lyrica is twice as powerful as gabapentin by weight IIRC. You'll want to take 75-150mg, then wait about an hour, have a soda, peanut butter cracker snack, and another lyrica. Repeat until you feel it hit you like a brick all at once. Stop after two or three if it's your first try. It can get very overwhelming even when you're expecting it. You may feel a bit sick and want to lay down. It's all good just put on the entertainment and enjoy the next few hours floating around.

You can not play it off in front of others. You will appear to be a very very sloppy drunk. I'm talking can't even stand up without catching yourself on the nearest table sloppy. Make sure you have a place planned out close by where you can lay down.

Start low. I'm going off the top of my head here but lyrica is twice as powerful as gabapentin by weight IIRC. You'll want to take 75-150mg, then wait about an hour, have a soda, peanut butter cracker snack, and another lyrica. Repeat until you feel it hit you like a brick all at once. Stop after two or three if it's your first try. It can get very overwhelming even when you're expecting it. You may feel a bit sick and want to lay down. It's all good just put on the entertainment and enjoy the next few hours floating around.

You can not play it off in front of others. You will appear to be a very very sloppy drunk. I'm talking can't even stand up without catching yourself on the nearest table sloppy. Make sure you have a place planned out close by where you can lay down.

I've had some experience with Pregabalin, but I've found low doses do little if anything - I need maybe around 2000mg to feel any positive effects (even without tolerance) and then tolerance increases so rapidly that the next day I may need double that to feel the same thing! Sometimes I don't feel anything at all!

What dosages of Pregabalin do you normally take?

Do you find tolerance increases rapidly and how long a break do you need to take for tolerance to reset again?

I haven't tried Gabapentin - do you find it gives you different effects to Pregabalin?

Last edited:
Gabapentin is similar to pregabalin, but smoother and less intoxicating. They're pretty similar but pregabalin is definitely "druggier" and more euphoric, but less functional.

Phenibut has some similarities to both, but is quite a bit different, too.

Gabapentin is similar to pregabalin, but smoother and less intoxicating. They're pretty similar but pregabalin is definitely "druggier" and more euphoric, but less functional.

Phenibut has some similarities to both, but is quite a bit different, too.

What dose of Pregabalin do you normally use, and do you find it builds tolerance fast?

Tolerance builds very fast, I wouldn't take it 2 days in a row, even skipping a couple of days won't fully reset tolerance. I have only done it maybe 10 times total in my life. I like 600mg, more than that and I start getting strong muscle jerks to the point that I've almost fallen over before.

Phenibut!

Be careful. I was taking even small doses (500mg or so) for weeks at a time and had some funky withdrawals. Nausea, strange twitching, anxiety, and very disrupted sleep with crazy dreams.

It works good like once a week. It makes me feel like I am rolling kinda when it works right. But even using 2-3 days in a row removes most of the good stuff.

Yeah that's where I'm at. Once a week or less. I have been addicted to it a number of times over the past 15 years (wow I can't believe I wrote this 5 years ago almost), and just recently got off. I tend to get addicted to it due to other drugs, at least the last couple of times. Because it's really good at smoothing stims and stuff out, and at blocking crashes and stuff. I am thinking about using it tomorrow, the time before that was last Friday. We'll see. Once a week, dosed right, it's good every time, it is kinda rolly, but more functional than rolling by far. It combines some of the aspects of gabapentin/lyrica with some of the aspects of GHB, but much less intense than GHB and not moreish.

Well I've been at 4g/day for about 6 years and I just got my liver enzymes and kidney function checked. All is normal (nothing elevated) aside from blood albumin levels (protein in the blood), which where very slightly elevated (by just .1 over cutoff). I thought I was going to see an elevated ALT. That said it is possible to experience non alcoholic fatty liver disease without elevated liver enzymes but it is rare.

I take milk thistle tablets after experiencing elevated liver enzymes years ago, which had a knock on effect of ruining my life with irreversible physical side effects and I still live with to this day.

It was likely caused by a combination of drinking while taking an SSRI - stupid I know but I was young and stupid back then.

Anyway I tried 4g of phenibut and didn't find it too pleasant - it was a strange feeling and made me rather tired.

I love the feeling of Pregabalin when it works - but that's a big IF, because tolerance increase so rapidly with Preg, and even without tolerance I seem to need far higher doses than most people do just to feel the nice effects.

I'm through with Benzos though - they have zero recreational value for me at least, and have only brought me grief. I can't drink any more, Kratom doesn't seem to do anything for me.... my options are severely limited now...

I have tried phenibut like 5 times now and i get absolutely nothing from it. Low dose, high dose, nada. 😩

Anyway I tried 4g of phenibut and didn't find it too pleasant - it was a strange feeling and made me rather tired.

4g is a huge dose if you don't have tolerance. Most people prefer 1 gram, maybe 1.5, perhaps up to 2, max. It takes 5+ hours to come on fully, so lots of people redose and end up taking too much. When you dose too high, the physical effects are weird and kinda unpleasant. Dosed right (1-1.5g), and you will reach the end of your day and look back and be like wow, that was an awesome day. It produces a feeling of ease, contentment, light euphoria, confidence and chattiness, and a comfortable stimulation. If you dose too much, you don't get many of the good effects and there are a lot of side effects, including strong fatigue.

Well I've been at 4g/day for about 6 years

Holy shit man. That is crazy. Worried about liver damage myself. Just in general so make sure I take it easy with this stuff. Actually just about anything these days.

Anyway I tried 4g of phenibut and didn't find it too pleasant

That is a very high dose. I overdid it on new years with this stuff and was in that range over the course of 30 hours or so and was not pleasant at all. I get super dizzy at high doses. Overdid it a few times. But new years was the biggest. Took last 500mg (was dosing it all day even from the night prior) at around 2am and by 3am was spinning out so hard like I had drank 10 shots in less than an hour. The whole next day was very dizzy and very bad vertigo. Took like 2-3 days to finally wear off. Was posting in reddit phenibut and a few told me to take more. Glad I didn't take their advice lol.

1g max in 24 hours for me seems to be my limit.

This morning I mixed up a cocktail of

30mg methadone
.5mg xanax
500mg of phenibut
weed

didn't feel too good. Nodded the fuck out and slept all day. But that phenibut stuff makes me fall asleep even standing. The drug goes both ways. Like alcohol kind of. Stimulating a tad at smaller doses, but once you go over a certain threshold it turns almost to a nod. Still haven't figured it out yet. Seems when you mix it with opiates it really makes it stronger. Last time I take phenibut same time as I take a slow opiate that is for sure. Also was too much methadone for me.

Took 500mg 2 days ago after not taking it for a good 5 days and felt like a million bucks. Kept thinking to myself why am I feeling so good today? Did my alcohol withdrawal finally wear off? Then remember I took the phenibut earlier in the day.

I'm thinking for me I need to do 250mg and wait at least 2 hours.

Would imagine if this were last year and was still drinking would be taking much more. My GABA is already disrupted so seems anything that touches it has more effects (even benzos). Though don't get dizzy from xanax. Perhaps its the combo as I always have at least 1mg of xanax in me per 24 hours.

Last edited:
4g is a huge dose if you don't have tolerance. Most people prefer 1 gram, maybe 1.5, perhaps up to 2, max. It takes 5+ hours to come on fully, so lots of people redose and end up taking too much. When you dose too high, the physical effects are weird and kinda unpleasant. Dosed right (1-1.5g), and you will reach the end of your day and look back and be like wow, that was an awesome day. It produces a feeling of ease, contentment, light euphoria, confidence and chattiness, and a comfortable stimulation. If you dose too much, you don't get many of the good effects and there are a lot of side effects, including strong fatigue.

well I did titrate upwards on previous days, but didn't notice much effects with lower doses. But yeah 4g is probably too high. I will try less next time

Any recommendations on what type of phenibut to get - I had some capsules but it looks like you can get it in just powder form to measure yourself - I've seen it marketed as a body building supplement in places... and as a nootropic - and is the Hcl the form to get?

Do you think there's any truth to it harming your liver?

The pure powder is best. Look for stuff that is in tiny crystals, it's usually an indication of the highest quality. I've had finely [powdered phenibut, but whenever I got that it seemed like it had dirtier effects. I've been using the same source for many years.

I find the HCl to have the most consistent/best effects. The FAA is roughly twice as potent and not as acidic (the HCl form is highly acidic).

The pure powder is best. Look for stuff that is in tiny crystals, it's usually an indication of the highest quality. I've had finely [powdered phenibut, but whenever I got that it seemed like it had dirtier effects. I've been using the same source for many years.

I find the HCl to have the most consistent/best effects. The FAA is roughly twice as potent and not as acidic (the HCl form is highly acidic).

Actually the FAA is only around 18% more potent by weight.

I just switched from the hydrochloride to the FAA because i worried about all that acid in my system. I had tried to make the switch before but had to switch back as i felt like the FAA did not last as long which resulted in mid day anxiety/rebound. Yet this time around it isn't happening as much.

Im actually thinking of switching to f-phenibut and dosing twice and day. I desperately want to get off and am actively tapering. Im not a huge phenibut fan, im only on because i failed to get off of gabapentin successfully.

Actually the FAA is only around 18% more potent by weight.

I just switched from the hydrochloride to the FAA because i worried about all that acid in my system. I had tried to make the switch before but had to switch back as i felt like the FAA did not last as long which resulted in mid day anxiety/rebound. Yet this time around it isn't happening as much.

Im actually thinking of switching to f-phenibut and dosing twice and day. I desperately want to get off and am actively tapering. Im not a huge phenibut fan, im only on because i failed to get off of gabapentin successfully.

Good luck, I hope you succeed. Do you think these class of drugs might be bad for your liver?

I couldn't find much info about Pregabalin being particularly hepatotoxic.

Good luck, I hope you succeed. Do you think these class of drugs might be bad for your liver?

I couldn't find much info about Pregabalin being particularly hepatotoxic.

Phenibut is perhaps moderately hepatotoxic but this toxicity generally manifests with prolonged high dose use. Of the top of my head I don't recall pregabalin being particularly hepatotoxic.

Ah, my friend swears FAA is twice as potent as HCl, he's so dad-set on it that I assumed he must have researched to get that opinion. Thanks for the correction.