• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Phenazepan or Etizolam

Hi Psycho, I plan to at least take this drug at least once to try it out. I have not had any benzos for a couple of years so my tolerace is low. The pills I am getting should be here any day now and the are of the 2.5mg dose. What dose do you think I should start with. I was gonna split one tab and try that out. Too much? Too little? Thanks!

I would choose Etizolam. I would recommend the same dose for both, 1mg!
Phenazepam takes 2hrs to take effect while etizolam only 15min.
Phenazepam is good however don't get me wrong and honestly if I could have phenazepam kick in within the same amount of time as etizolam than I'd prefer it. I find etizolam shorter than alprazolam.

Hello Muie, I have tried the etiz, kicks in fast and wears off fast too reminds me of Xanax. Now I have a 100 tabs of 2.5mg Phenazepam. Plan to take 1.25 tomorrow how long does it take to kick in? and wear off? Either way I'll let you know thanks for all the input! amd you are right etiz wears off shorter than Xanax!

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Please don't redose, even if you think it's not doing anything. The long onset means that you acclimatise to the drug slowly and therefore dont feel it kicking in. So you take more. Eventually you regain semi consciousness several days later thinking wtf happened. This is an extremely common theme for users of phenazepam, so take heed...

Last edited:
At least it's in pre-dosed tablets. If you're concerned about re-dosing, perhaps after taking your pill, you can give the tablets to someone to hold on to for a day or two? At least until you have an idea how a few milligrams affects you.

I found phenazepam to be mostly sedating but still prefer it to etizolam, which wears off far too quickly IMO.

No I will take 1.25mg and even if it takes 4 hours will not redose. how long do the effects last generally? Is there something like etiz that lasts longer? What I love about the etiz there is no hangover just a rested up feeling
OK full report coming later it is 10am here thanks for all the advise

^ Phenazepam lasts like a whole day, maybe I misunderstood and you're talking about etizolam (which does last a few hours)?

I would stray away from Phenazepam. Phenazepam has a half-life of up to 60 hours and an onset of effects is approximately 2-3 hours following oral administration; due to this, there is a potential for users to re-dose prior to the observation of its effects. Phenazepam also seems to have zero positive recreational effects, similar to Diclazepam.
Etizolam is a safer alternative in this regard. With a doses starting at 1-2mgs and a half life of 3-7 hours it's much more ideal for recreational and some therapeutic uses. If you can wait up to 4 hours and not wanna redose than maybe give phenazepam a shot. idk. Seems good for mild-moderate anxiety. Didn't help mine but i have severe GAD, Panic disorder and PTSD. Clonazepam, Alprazolam, and Etizolam seem to be the only Benzos that help.

A single dose can be good for a few hours, maybe most of the day
Phenazepam lasts like a whole day
When I dosed phenazepam in the morning, it took a couple of hours to get started. Then I'd have a mediocre benzo buzz going for a few hours. After that, any desirable effects have worn off and all that is left is a lethargic restlessness that lasted until I slept.

So it lasts a long time I guess, only a few hours were even mildly entertaining though. Upping the dose or re-dosing just increased drowsiness and amnesia.

Etizolam was the other extreme; kicks in quickly, strong enjoyable effect, over in 5 seconds, always left me wanting more.

But that's just like my opinion man.

OK took 2.5mg of the phen and it is just like you say took 2 hs to kick in I'm glad you guys told me that cause I would have taken another after an hour , then an mild benzo buzz for rest of the day nothing to write home about.
the etiz on the other hand was great 1mg did not do it for me so i took two and have a very nice xanax like feeling for a fer hours.

Thank you guys on the good advice here!