• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] ** Parklife 2006 ** @ The Deen, The Street, The Shed, 2nd Oct 2006 REVIEWS

Zonee

Bluelighter
Fuzzy and Boomtick are pleased to announce the return of the had-to-be-there-gig of last year “PARKLIFE” set to deliver a day of brilliant music under sunny skies on Monday October 2.

The popularity of this party has already hit and with the exclusive, tailor-made venue of The Deen and the amazing Aberdeen Street stage now extending to incorporate The Shed, this is guaranteed to be a block party like no other. Witness the transformation as it features every sort of tune on every sort of stage for every sort of taste to accommodate this year’s even bigger PARKLIFE line-up.

$92 from the usual outlets. (LIVE Clothing / Planet / 78’s / Mills / Atlas Clothing / Narcissist Clothing / Beat Music / DJ Factory or online www.inthemix.com.au // www.moshtix.com.au)

84 Aberdeen St, Northbridge, Perth

Date: * Monday 2nd October 2006. Starts @ 1:00pm

Artists:

* Kid Kenobi
* Krafty Kuts
* Mark Farina
* Stanton Warriors
* MC Shureshock
* Tim Deluxe
* Coldcut
* Ian Pooley
* Mixmaster Mike
* Cut Chemist
* Freeform Five
* Mattafix
* Breakaholics
* Who Made Who
* Peter Hook DJ Set (New Order)
* Habitat Electro

MORE INFO check out the flyer

Event description copied from ITM

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time copy over all the info please, as per the guidelines. It isnt my job to hunt and gather all the info for your posts.

Do you have to tell other states off, or is it only wa that make bad posts?

Just us coz we're slack;)

I don't think i can make it to parklife after godskitchen and spring fever... tooo much. pity, i'd like to see kid kenobi and see what the fuss is about.

you WA guys just post heaps thats all. and you're slack ;)

^ its all done out of love ... love and being slack haha

parklife
didnt htink it was goin 2 b good last yr ... went ... had a fkn ball
dunno bout this time .. might go .. so much on that weekend .. and monday aint a uni hol >,<

I can get tix for $80 bucks if anyone's keen, however I need confirmation/cash by this friday lunch, PM if you're keen!

I'll be there with bells on, and other stuff... kid kenobi, krafty kuts, stanton warriors OMFG how exciting, and it's my birthday and everything =D =D =D

last year was huge, and I'm not just talking about everyone's pupils by the end of it either ;)

Oooh fuck i dont know... ill get back to you on that one. The question is can i take Godskitchen+spring fever+parklife.

Edit: no dice sorry swifty. cant get the time off work. ill let ya know if a miracle occurs...

Last edited:
[QUOTE='lil leecie]Next time copy over all the info please, as per the guidelines. It isnt my job to hunt and gather all the info for your posts.[/QUOTE]
sorry, i believe i was rather ripped when i posted that :)

ok i know im stupid for leaving it late, but i only decided today that i was going, and now there are no more tickets, so if anybody knows where theres a spare please let me know.

well i'm going:D if anyone cares. by golly, i need my ticket yet............. there are still tickets in narcissist daneo, i do beleive.

i'd like to see kid kenobi and see what the fuss is about.

dinnae bother....saw him when he played t in the park in scotland...loada shite, he wont be asked back anyway....well not with "emcee shureshock" for sure, the guy fucked the set...when there was decent beats he was shouting over the top. :p

but aye....should be at this...

really missing going out since i moved here...really miss glasgow, techno, the arches, the sub club, soundhaus and one pound swadgers :p
:(

^^^FUCK. OFF!!! Kid kenobi is one of the best breaks DJ's getting around atm, maybe you don't like his stye of breaks or whatever, but to say he's shit is absolute blasphemy

daneo said:
ok i know im stupid for leaving it late, but i only decided today that i was going, and now there are no more tickets, so if anybody knows where theres a spare please let me know.

Planet Video still has around 100 tix left so I'm told, but get into it quick cos they'll be gone in no time

yeh got my ticket sorted now. Going to be the best weekend. Any other BLers doing the GK PL double ?

CRUIZER STREET STAGE
1.00-2.00 Dave Jackson
2.00-3.00 Paul Raff
3.00-4.00 Mattafix - LIVE
4.15-5.15 Mixmaster Mike
5.30-6.30 Freeform Five
6.30-8.00 Tim Deluxe
8.00-9.30 Krafty Kuts
9.45-10.45 Coldcut - LIVE

THE BOOMTICK ARENA
1.00-2.00 Marty Mcfly
2.00-3.00 Prizzy
3.00-4.30 Tone
4.30-6.00 Breakaholics feat - Micah & Fdel
6.00-8.00 Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock
8.00-9.00 Cut Chemist
9.00-11.00 Stanton Warriors
STREET STAGE MUST STOP AT 10.45 SHARP

THE SHED STAGE
1.00-2.00 Pawel
2.00-3.00 Terry Waites
3.00-4.30 Ben Mac
4.30-6.00 Peter Hook
6.00-8.00 Ian Pooley
8.00-9.00 Who Made Who - LIVE
9.00-11.00 Mark Farina

HABITAT STAGE
1.00-2.30 Ritchie G
2.30-3.30 Scout
3.30-4.30 Seb Sharp
4.30-5.30 Mali
5.30-6.30 Jimmy B
6.30-7.30 Adam Kelly
7.30-9.00 Flex
9.00-10.00 The Fritz
10.00-11.00 Flex vs The Fritz

Didnt get to this untill 330, only to find a ridiculous line! I think they oversold this event grossly. Way to many people, I think its a bit fucked that you cant get in to a room to see a dj when you want after paying $90 for a ticket.

Freeform five were awesome, probably the highlight of the event for me.
KK and sureshock were all class as usual. I couldnt stand mix master mike, how people can get in to that I will never know.
Stantons dropped a few well known tunes I like. Was fed up with being squashed in that room by the end of their set though. Too many drunk fuckwits spilling beer everywhere. I liked last years parklife much better.

yeah I must admit, it was a little over crowded, don't think I'll be going next year. I did have a good day/night/day though however I spent most of the night talking to two randoms about gardening in their cars outside, amongst other things ;)

yeah i wish promoters would think about the punters instead of how much money they can make, then i spose heaps of people including myself would of missed out on tickets. But apart from the crowd i reckon the music was better than last year, had an awsome time.