Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Perth] Evol Intent - Sat May 6th. Heat - REVIEWS

vickers

Bluelighter
Evol Intent

After touching down in Oz for the first time last year, Evol Intent stormed from state to state, laying waste and leaving decimated dancefloors in their wake. Due to an already crowded schedule, they didn’t make it to our edge of the earth, much to the dismay of many.

This year however, Enygma and Trafik were ready and waiting to intercept these invaders, and have arranged for one of their number to engage Heat nightclub on Saturday, May 6th. Pack yo’ flak jackets, ‘cause this fire won’t be friendly!

Based in Atlanta, Evol Intent are among the greatest purveyors of the incendiary, modern jungle sound. Operating as a three piece power troop (comprised of Knick, Gigantor, and the Enemy respectively), they have produced some of the most ephemeral and progressive drum n' bass to date. The outfit's uncompromising and inimitable drum tirades left an indelible mark on the U.S. scene and the globe at large. The Evol Intent approach is unmistakable, with their developed unique method for wrecking soundsystems. They utilize incredibly dynamic drum mechanics, razor sharp edits, sawtooth synths and an element of discord. In a very short period of time the group has amassed a substantial discography while recording for their own Evol Intent label and numerous prestigious imprints such as Renegade Hardware, Outbreak, and Human.

The addition of the highly anticipated "Police State" EP and a debut LP lined up for 2006 have left little to be desired. The group made its video game debut with two tracks featured on the coveted EA Sports' "Need for Speed". The importance of Evol Intent in contemporary drum n' bass is simply undeniable. Beats that think, beats that hurt – all broken and entirely Evol.

This feast of ferocious beats will also be the farewell fling for three Enygma foot soldiers, as Owen G, Tek and ReKab are leaving for London to live laaarge! This will leave a hole in the lineup for future Enygma events, so if you’ve got the skills to step up, bring it! On a CD on the night!

Support :

Tek
Owen G
Reekab
Sammy T
Feezar
Vickers
Frantic
Kito
Osiris
Stryfe
AJM

Date: Sat May 06 2006
Venue: Heat Nightclub, Northbridge
Tickets: $25 + bf

Not for the faint hearted. Will be absolutely filthy and disgusting! Prepare to be annihilated

LOVE the EVOL!!

Local support Tek and Owen G always lay down a quality set. And it's their going away party as they will be leaving to live in the UK.

looks like the nitrous powered blue wheelchair could come out of retirement for this. :D

^^I said 'Nice one Bruv' absolutely positively farkin NONSENSE mate!

im still undecided about going

if you dont go il be forced to tell everyone on bluelight that youre a closet kandy raver and secretly hate dnb and have a life sized statue of tiesto raising his arms in your bedroom.
nobody noticed on the subculture thread when i inserted 'Ben Vickery' as one of the main djs either...

shit...
oh your good dj vickers. your good.
(and old)

im house sitting during this actually, i COULD have a come down at my house

^ dude......dont tell me you are into that "Lady Lumps" shit. Blah. Anything but that. :p

im old?! someone at uni called me old when i told them i turned 20 today...their uppence will come.
if referring to my joke...my jokes never get old..to me anyway.
currently decimating dance floors with my VIP of Scooters 'Ramp' and other classics.

:: LINE UP ::

10: 00 - 10: 45 = Osiris
10: 45 - 11: 30 = Feezar B2B Kito
11: 30 - 01: 00 = Tek B2B Owen G B2B Rekab (Enygma Crew Goodbye Bash Up!!!)
01: 00 - 03: 00 = EVOL INTENT (usa)
03: 00 - 04: 00 = Frantik B2B Sammy T
04: 00 - 05: 00 = AJM
05: 00 - 06: 00 = Stryfe

oldy said:
im old?! someone at uni called me old when i told them i turned 20 today...their uppence will come.

Its a bad idea to infuriate old men like vickers. A long life of suprresed hardship could mean at his age, he could snap at any moment ;)

dj vickers said:
if referring to my joke...my jokes never get old..to me anyway.
currently decimating dance floors with my VIP of Scooters 'Ramp' and other classics.

can NOT way to hear vickers drop that scooter vip.
can i get effiel 65 - blue VIP dropped too? that tune fully kicks my gurn back in whenever i hear it.

i love dj vickers.

astro - i think frantiks got his work cut out for him, evol intent will be a hard act to follow

^Yer definately.

Will be looking forward to the warm-up to Evol

Techy Bizness from Owen G & Tek

against all common sense because of study commitments and having no money at all im still making the journey up to the big smoke.
thats dedication.
probably the most jaded dnb badboy on this forum.lok1 is a vicks inhaler compared to me really.

oh
you did NOT just call me a vicks inhaler

i challenge thee to a jaded stand off...

^ whomever doesnt turn up is officially the vicks inhaler of perth Bluelighters.

Astro- Ill give you a call on Sat and meet up with you there. The most jaded female BLR of Perth needs her medicine.

ohhh so there are ladies among the perth BL community.