• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] .:ANDY C + MC GQ:. and .:SHIMON:. Metro City: Friday 27th January

zephyr said:
^ you are seriously the most dnb passionate people I have ever met in my life. See you there, Naths coming too.

Yeah i got Big Kev syndrome when it comes to DnB. Its a way of life....IM EXCITED 8)

Cool Naths on-board. Will be good to catch-up...was expecting him to be there =D

Line Up Times:

10 - 11:15 TCEE // MC ECLECTIC

11:15 - 12:15 KASH // MC ECLECTIC

12:15 - 01:30 DIAMOND D // MC ASSASSIN

01:30 - 3:30 ANDY C // MC GQ

03:30 - 5:00 SHIMON // X SESSIV / STYLEE

05:00 - close CONCEPT / STYLEE

Yeah was a top night indeed! Fukn 2 hrs of non-stop floorsmashers. Loved every-minute of it.

bumped into vickers once again, hope the rest of yur night went well dude.

Hope to see more up-coming DnB gigs at Metroz. Was an extremely enjoyable night. Andy C did not dissapoint, mixing was seemlessly flawless. Chopping and cutting tracks on top if each other. Mishing and mashing. Double drop after double drop.

The after-hours were another story. Am broken from head to toe. But was all worth it.. =D

Thats the kind of recap I wanted... heading out to see him in Melbourne tonight.

Caught him a year ago for 33 1/3 new years day, and the mc on stage said 'From the bottom of my heart, this has been fucking amazing'. He was spot on.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ANDY C

Genasirus said:
...the mc on stage said 'From the bottom of my heart, this has been fucking amazing'...
mc GQ said something along those lines last night also. basically saying that out of the whole tour of nz & aus so far that the perth crowd was the best. sometimes you wonder if they really mean it, but he seemed pretty sincere - i mean, the crowd was going nuts! if I remember correctly he actually said that twice during the set... I dunno, maybe i was just really baked :eek:

Yeah he said it twice at least, along with the 'I feel like a black Tom Jones up here' comment, heh.

Farkin swoit night, hadn't been to metros before and was pretty impressed with the set up. More big scale dnb events here would be sweet. Quality tunes, quality mixing, quality night, dammit I want more :(

yes that was amazing...was cool to catch up with the blers again and meet some more....yeh astro had a wicked night thanks,things became a bit confusing for me by the end of the night though.
musically that was one of the best events ive been to....those speakers....
have always been into my dnb but after this im going to have to step it up a notch.
ended the night by having a doob in a car park with a teacher and some friends of all people :/

^ ahh..another fun night was had but I am broken...24 hours of sleep and my brain is still hiding in the back of my skull...one of the best nights out so far :)

Shit yeah, best night for 2006 anyways...gonna be hard to beat! Anyone stay around for Shimon's set? left shortly after Andy C...saw him at Sun Electric anyways just wondering what kinda set he played?

Fuck that was a good event! once again didnt get nearly enough time to talk to everyone. Was awesome having all the levels were packed.

Happy i got to have a good dance too...
Makes me sad it was my last big event till march :(

astro^boi said:
Shit yeah, best night for 2006 anyways...gonna be hard to beat! Anyone stay around for Shimon's set? left shortly after Andy C...saw him at Sun Electric anyways just wondering what kinda set he played?

I stayed for Shimon's set, to me it seemed like he played alot of the same tracks that andy played, it was also along the same lines as andy's set, but it was still great and I enjoyed it alot as I could actually dance to it as alot of people left after Mr C finished. Shimon's intro was sooo good aswell.

Andy was fantastic, the best dnb set i've ever seen, played great tunes from start to finish, and GQ was a great MC aswell. Can def see why Andy is the #1 DnB DJ.

Yeah i heard the intro to Shimon's set, had the American Beauty theme song...

yeh we stayed on and listened....yeh he did play alot of the same songs as andy c which resulted in alot of 'errrrs'.dnt know enough about dnb to say what kind of set he played except that as robv said twas similar to andys.
now can see how people become addicted to dnb....trying to put other types on music on at home but....it all seems so bad compared to what ive just heard on friday.
it also proved a stereotype i had wrong about dnb fans and events.
nearly all dnb heads i know are very serious dudes who even on round ones rarely get happy or excited......and from the vibe at dnb arenas at events i got the impression the fans werent as friendly/all round happy as other types of dance music nights.
but the crowd was very friendly and fun i liked it...admittedly not as idiotically happy/loved up as rave crowds but im starting to think thats a good thing now.
not as many expressionless topless mean looking guys as i expected so yes...
as anton said today...welcome to the fold :)

Welcome to the dark side!! =D mwahuhauhahua

But yeah in all seriousness, i think most people who haven't been exposed to something have certain stereotypes about it which may or may not be correct. Its just a matter of making your own opinion about it. From the outside...im sure most people think that DnB gigs are filled with meth and pilled up looneys who dance like freaks and are all 'angered' up, but is the Trance arena that much different??

No matter which arena or musical preference. Theres bound to be those who are just plain dicks. Im sure youve come across these ppl at 'raves' before.

Glad you've come to this realisation, and havent written off DnB all together. IMO Perth has one of the best DnB scenes south of the equator. And for those who went to Andy C im pretty sure you'll agree that it is striving here in Perth. More so than ever. I don't think any Dnb artist has pulled such a crowd apart from Pendulum. But these boi's were born and bred here, so thats a given.

I've read stories that some DnB gigs in England are quite dangerous to attend because there are loads of 'gangsta' types who just start shit for no reason and pretty much are those stereotypes that everyone perceives DnB to be. Well it may be the case in the UK, but here in Perth its more so the case on a regular Saturday night at Metroz with their RnB/Hip Hop nights. Crowd is like 10 times more unsociable and filled with serious guys and girls. I would much rather be at a DnB gig where its safer.

And 'trying to put other types of music on at home but...it all seems so bad compared to what ive just heard on friday' . Hehehe HOOK, LINE and SINKER my friend. The rest just doesnt sound the same anymore yeah???

DnB its addictive i tell ya!! fukn addictive....;)

And if you kinda wanna re-live Friday night with Andy mixing some older tunes. Then grab a hold of Andy's Nightlife Mix CD's. There are already 2 out. The first a single disc. The second a double disc + a DVD. and the third on its way this year.

yeh cheers astro im actually listening to number 2 right now....pendulums remix of submarines.
going to have to get some live cds though to have a more authentic sound.
will go to many more dnb nights now but the drive up from dunsborough is such a pain in the ass.
will see you at two tribes and hopefully earthcore if i can convince enough people to come.