Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Perception/Stamina and Speed

GoNeGoOsE

Bluelighter
OK, i searched and i found none =)
Had a debate with a friend the other night.
Bascally, we have some physical test that involves running and someone joked about snorting some speed before doing the test.
The obvious consequenses were of course heat stroke etc etc etc
However, one trains of thought was
"you THINK you are running faster but actually not and that is why atheletes do not snort speed before a race and would probably die from a heart attack"
"i AM running faster and for longer"
"we would probably run faster and longer (than normally) due to the increased stamina."
My question is, what would be the chances of a heart attack and other possible problems??
i'm pretty sure stamina would improve btu comments anyone?
-goOoOossssEee-
[This message has been edited by GoNeGoOsE (edited 05 October 2000).]

maybe if they play sum banging tunes from the PA system u'll run faster!
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Goose : I'm not sure about the effects of speed on running n shit, (i guess u'd need to find a message board for drug cheating atheletes for that...
wink.gif
). Although this dude i met on friday was telling me abt ephydrim(sp?) which is supposed to help you train harder n longer n blocks pain, do some research man
smile.gif

BUT i used to have to do running for school and I found that a little puff of ventolin before does wonders. OR you could drop a bickie/have some bongs/some drug... and have alot more fun doing the run
smile.gif

Peace
rc1n
P.S
Have fun running in SUNNY SINGAPORE.. HAHAHA, I'll keep laughing until i have to join you
smile.gif

I broke my highschool's 800m record after a bong in the changerooms
smile.gif

I think I blocked the pain perception a little.
I think you could go a bit faster for longer on speed. And you wouldn't experience any health probs unless its a really long run. Like over a few kms.
This is advice from someone with a little medical knowledge, but is not qualified to give medical advice, mind.
smile.gif

Firstly - LOL@ghost.
Ok. personal experience here.
I have on several occasions, taken some wizz and participated in team sports. which, is very similiar to running long distances, because exactly what i did.
In my experience, i have had no real major problems, although these gcould be worse depending on the person. Sometimes i get some chest pains, only minor, but scary nonetheless. VERY dry mouth, felt like i had cardboard cheeks, lips and tongue, so take some water with you, and my muscles went a bit funny and i felt like i was running on jelly legs.
Apart from that, i actually thought i performed worse, but that was usually because i hadn't slept in 40 hours before then and had spent the last night at a rave, and i wouldn't say speeed can take the place of good preparation by any means.
Also, i did get a bit wheezy, like an asthmatic, although i am not ashmatic and i don't usually get like that. So if you've got asthma, be very careful.
My advice would be to do it naturally. Only do drugs for recreation, not for sport. And i think the effects could get dangerous if i pushed it too far. so be careful and play safe
smile.gif
SD.
[This message has been edited by SupaspeeD (edited 06 October 2000).]

me thinks it sounds like ur going back for ns....
------------------
later
sean
"reality is for people who can't handle drugs"

I once had some speed before and aerobics class - it was Power Hour too (the hardest class) I just made sure I kept checking my heart rate to make sure it wasn't going through the roof. Mind you, this was at a time when I was pretty damn fit and my resting heart rate was alot lower than it is now..
dunno what point i was trying to make there..
------------------
Big Jugs, Hard Drugs.

Thanks for the info...
I think i will take the advice of doing drugs for recreation and sport for sport!!!
Juz wanted to know i guess!
hiaks hiaks hiaks
GoOsh!
P.S. Sean: You got it right!!! *LOL*

I beleive in Tour de France, the biggest yearly event for proffesional bicyclists, speed is *very* common among the riders. At least there have been a number of drug disclosures relating to amphetamine over the years. The Tour lasts for almost a month, riders racing for 2-7/8 hours almost every day. It is seriously one of the hardest sporting events you can participate in. Cyclists dying during the race is not uncommon, and there are plenty of rumours going around that this and that drug apparently attributed to the deaths, amphetamine and erythropoieting being among the frequently mentioned ones...then again these are rumours and the truth often never surfaces.

I beleive in Tour de France, the biggest yearly event for proffesional bicyclists, speed is *very* common among the riders. At least there have been a number of drug disclosures relating to amphetamine over the years. The Tour lasts for almost a month, riders racing for 2-7/8 hours almost every day. It is seriously one of the hardest sporting events you can participate in. Cyclists dying during the race is not uncommon, and there are plenty of rumours going around that this and that drug apparently attributed to the deaths, amphetamine and erythropoieting being among the frequently mentioned ones...then again these are rumours and the truth often never surfaces.