• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Penis envy potency vs Gold

This is true for most cubensis. Penis envy seems to be the outlier and is often reported to be more potent.
Wrong cubensis are cubensis penis envy are far stronger

Indeed

Penis envy is not a natural strain and cannot grow in the wild, they were specifically bred by humans over hundreds or thousands of generations/breeding. I think the story goes all the way back to the McKenna brothers, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Penis envy are also more difficult to grow for this reason.

Out of about 15oz of Penis envy that I grew, only ONE shroom had an open cap to spread spores that could be printed, most of the caps never open at all, which is why they looks like schlongs lol. They're mutants and not supposed to live. This is why they don't grow in the wild.

Last edited:
I believe the strain came about from McKenna/s fucking around with some Amazonians they’d discovered and on one particular flush there was this large giant mutant freak of a mushroom that was then printed and solidified into its own strain, hence you’ll hear some people call em APEs (Amazonian Penis Envy) which as far as I know are the same thing as PE.

-GC

I always thought APE referred to Albino Penis Envy.
Either way it’s a fantastic strain.
My spore dealer also called it that. Both would make sense, they aren't really that albino. Dunno.

I always thought APE referred to Albino Penis Envy.
Either way it’s a fantastic strain.

Ah ya you’re right, I think whoever told me that was wrong. They are of Amazonian origin but A does stand for Albino.

-GC

Indeed

Penis envy is not a natural strain and cannot grow in the wild, they were specifically bred by humans over hundreds or thousands of generations/breeding. I think the story goes all the way back to the McKenna brothers, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Penis envy are also more difficult to grow for this reason.

Out of about 15oz of Penis envy that I grew, only ONE shroom had an open cap to spread spores that could be printed, most of the caps never open at all, which is why they looks like schlongs lol. They're mutants and not supposed to live. This is why they don't grow in the wild.
How much difficult are PE to grow in comparison with other strains? In which terms are you talking about, specific conditions required (humidity/ temperature), ease to get contaminated, or maybe low number of flushes and production?

How much difficult are PE to grow in comparison with other strains? In which terms are you talking about, specific conditions required (humidity/ temperature), ease to get contaminated, or maybe low number of flushes and production?
Not worlds different, but they are much more picky.

For example they pretty much only grow in large tubs. They simply won't fruit from small tubs or PF Tek jars. They only grow in bulk teks.

They also are much more demanding of specific temperature and humidity.

But, as an amateur I was still able to have success. I'd say probably 50-75% more difficult than your average strain.

Thank you very much for answering, @Negentropic. Sorry but I think I didn't explain myself properly, my english is not good at all. I meant among different types of commercial growkits. Would it be much more difficult to obtain a good quantity of mushrooms with PE?

I meant among different types of commercial growkits. Would it be much more difficult to obtain a good quantity of mushrooms with PE?
I guess it depends on the grow kit. I wouldn't advise using a grow kit for PE. They are also a bit of a waste of money.

In the US, I bought everything I needed to grow from Walmart. Much much cheaper than grow kits.

I guess a grow kit could work if you buy one of the BULK ones.

I used big rye spawn bags, big tubs. If I recall, it's been a few years since I grew them.

I've (rarely) seen people calling PE McKennas online and using the names interchangeably.

penis envy and albino penis envy are two different strains, the later being more potent, appearing dark & grey in appearance. pe is already known to be more potent then Ur standard cube, golden bplus

The caps I just ate are a mix of gold cap and penis envy. I heard penis envy is stronger but I'm doing both at the same time so from personal experience I don't really know.

I did 3.75g of PE about a month. Far more powerful than 4g of cubensis. Completely disconnected from reality for an hour or so. Not unpleasant, but weird.

The first time I did shrooms I ate half an 8th and I had full blown visuals, I was seeing colors, patterns, shapes, shadows and everything I thought about I was able to see in my mind's eye. The body trip was very intense and I lost track of time, it's like I astral projected to where ever it was I was thinking about. I felt anxiety like I was never going to stop tripping, everything felt so earthy and natural and I was very emotional. Now I don't know if they were Penis Envy's but I would assume so because of how hard I tripped off only half an eighth. Now I've had Golden Teachers that weren't nearly as visual but gave me a very intense body high and mental and emotional high. Like everything that was going on in my life came back to the forefront of my mind and I had to confront head on. But they were not nearly as visual as the time I ate half an eighth. They just made colors brighter and gave me intense visual acuity. Also closed eye visuals, but Golden Teachers gave me a very intense body high