Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, that's weird. Never had that happen
I think it’s more related to the abrupt abstinence of cannabis, I have been using it every night for a certain period of time. Also, moderate doses of alcohol often induce pretty realistic nightmares in me, so there’s a good chance it’s not even related to the DOC at all. I had something similar happen after the acid trip three nights before that.

Last edited:
When I say "taught me", what I really mean is that I purposely put myself in difficult social situations that made me very uncomfortable, while tripping, with the intent of learning to become more social, because I was tired of being so shy and unsure of myself. It was trial by fire, basically. But it worked, and I managed to become a much more confident and outgoing person.
what sort of doses did you find worked best for you for this?

what sort of doses did you find worked best for you for this?

Light to moderate doses, basically strong +1 to moderate +2 experiences, definitely below +3 (though at some point I did venture into +3 doses for this purpose, when I was sure I would be able to handle it - primarily at music festivals, where I started eventually to try to trip very hard and force myself to talk to people and even walk up to groups of people hanging out that I hadn't met before and strike up conversation. But that's like "expert mode")

That was a weird night.. Took .5mg Clonazepam at T:15:00 yesterday and fell asleep pretty quickly. Awoke after a series of dysphoric and bizarre dreams, feeling very groggy, confused and having a significant bodyload. I fell asleep again only to be awoken by grotesque and violent imageey after half an hour. My girlfriend had a lot nightmares and horrific thoughts too. Very bizarre.

The DOC just kept working and overpowered the benzo, now at T:22:30 I feel sober. An interesting night, but I’m not really keen on reexperiencing that lol.
FWIW, DOx are famous for their capacity to overpower benzos. It's one of the reasons I was so nervous about trying them many years ago.

FWIW, DOx are famous for their capacity to overpower benzos. It's one of the reasons I was so nervous about trying them many years ago.
I didn’t know that. Hmph, I’ll have to lay out some heavier ones when I get around to trying DOC in like five years lol.

You can benzo yourself out of a DOX, it just takes more. Also, a normal dose of a benzo will still eliminate any anxiety and also the bodyload. It's not like they do nothing, but you'll still be tripping.

When I take DOC I don't even want it to end, I love it so much. When I dose I set an alarm for 6am and I wake up and take my dose and then fall asleep again. About 2-3hrs later I am awoken immediately to realize I am in a psychedelic experience, by like 6hrs in I'm peaking and completely ecstatic and euphoric. Beautiful visuals, somewhat fast moving and different than those of a 2C-x. When I take it that early I'm generally able to fall asleep around 3am.

But like I said I actually love the feeling of it later in the trip as it does down, I listen to music and chat it up with my significant other. Really like to have sex on DOC also it's absolutely mind-blowing how the tactile sensations cause your orgasms to become so powerful. I've had some of the most memorable erotic moments of my life on that drug. If you have a lover I highly suggest putting aside a sizable portion of the trip to be intimate with them. It gives you this stamina that is so powerful, you legit turn into a superman in the bedroom.

I used to feel that way, but nowadays I do wish it would end a little sooner, only because even after all the positive effects are doe, like 24 hours later, I am left with the inability to sleep and restless limbs. But I always plan to take some etizolam to sleep at that point so it's all good.

I agree that sex on DOC is fantastic, it's really good for that.

I never found DOC particularly physically stimulating like some others seem to, no more than say; mescaline or 2C-B. Definitely mentally stimulating though - a good conversational drug. One of the qualities I most liked about it (aside from the consistent visuals, music enhancement and all that good stuff) was that it really seemed to help me with word recall. I felt quite well spoken on DOC.

Maybe it just seemed that way to me, but I found it an interesting quality for a psychedelic. The tryptamines/lysergamides can make me a bit tongue-tied, which I often am in conversation anyway. I've had moments of (seeming) eloquence on other phenethylamines, but it was a stand-out feature of DOC for me.

Plus, as suggested, sex on DOC is awesome.

I don't find it stimulating like amphetamine or an actual stimulant, but it keeps me awake for fucking ever. It also gives a lot of restless limb energy if I don't channel the body feeling into physical activity. But I don't experience increased heart rate, palm, sweating, or any other symptoms of stimulants. Curiously, if I take it and try to sit around the house, the come-up feels very stimulating and unpleasant, I yawn constantly, my eyes water, I writhe around and feel a very heavy bodyload. But if I even just walk around during the come-up, I feel 100% good and comfortable.

Agreed that it is mentally stimulating... I become more social than usual on it (although sometimes I can still get some social anxiety when it comes to people who aren't part of my trip... but then other times, I want to talk to everyone). Without fail, everyone along for the ride ends up talking endlessly, about an incredibly wide range of topics, with a central theme of the nature of humanity/the world. verbal eloquence is always on the table. Or if I'm by myself, my internal dialogue does the same. In fact I would say the central theme of DOXs in general is the piercing thought process that seems to want to get to the core of understanding of whatever it is applied to.

My first time DOC was exceedingly euphoric, it was shortly after I joined here, at the time it was pretty eye-opening as to HOW FUN it was, I hadn't come close to such complete euphoria on any other drug before.
Later trips were less good but still nice, never went above 5mg, though I would've really liked to as I'd love to know the peak DOC space, like DOB & DOPr have. I bet it's awesome and I bet that the true DOx nature of DOC will only reveal itself then (like I experienced with DOPr). Last time I thought I was taking DOB, but it was actually DOC and it was really dull, but eh set & setting for DOC and I was expecting DOB so....

I do find DOC very stimulating, mentally as well, all DOx share that.
The mental stimulation, while okay, is not very appealing to me though, it has this typical amphetamine touch to thoughts and the continuous flow of thoughts, it's hard to put into words. Anyway, every DOx I've taken came with a lot of mental stimulation which ime is pretty ugly, but (and the 'but' is so good) when the DOx can convince you to just look way beyond it, and have the psychedelic effects dominate, then you're in for a fantastic time.

63043068.jpg

Huh, I honestly don't remember DOC being all that memorable from an erotic standpoint on any of the times I've taken it. I might need to go back through my old trip reports to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.