• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Euphoric Rambles for Swirling Souls

Aren't cannabinoids like in such a tincture unstable (at least for 2 years) especially the moment they are extracted from the trichomes? So I guess that tincture was really strong to begin with :D

Aren't cannabinoids like in such a tincture unstable (at least for 2 years) especially the moment they are extracted from the trichomes? So I guess that tincture was really strong to begin with :D
Hmmm, I hadn't heard that; it was my understanding that it would age like a fine wine. I used Everclear (190 proof) to make it and another one around the same time period. Would be a shame if all that hash has degraded into uselessness. I had already gotten high that night and we were drinking a lot, so who knows if it really did anything. Also passed around a vape pen with the last of some thc based vape juice in it. There was absolutely nothing scientific about my testing it, absolutely no controls and a great many variables hahahah.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6643 some info - pretty concise as well

nevertheless, i have enjoyed some pretty awesome hash oil i made in the past, and it would be alright to do that again if I had a lot of schwag like i did back then... =D
i would like to get some new weeds but am pretty broke.. maybe if I get some from a 'guy' rather than a coffeeshop (hash bar) it will be alright

lets just all have a bit of fun with that stuff :D

My two tinctures aren't quite two years old, I guess I should get busy using them up before they lose all potency :\ That's a real shame, I always liked the concept of having a sort of infinite-term stash of THC for 'emergency' use (read: when tripping acid lol). Do you know if extracts such as wax will degrade similarly? I have enough wax that I would be hard pressed to use it all within the year, I'd hate for it to become inert.

Considerably less, but still IMO. Should have to do with gas solubility, so keep it really vacuum.... and in the dark of course. I think hash itself also has a bit shorter shelf life than weed. Usually it's not that significant, but on longer timescales it is.

I have noticed potency drops from extracts myself by the way.. it's really too bad. I am not the no 1 person for extracts anymore though... give me some nice relaxed biological stuff... not of any environment considerations this time but rather that I don't really need strains that are highly THC potent from being grown agressively these days.

Interesting. I've gotten very stoned from 4+ year old hash before, and I find that weed itself loses potency faster because it seems to dry out a great deal, no matter how I keep it. I'm all about extracts these days though because of my living situation; very little smell from wax.

Ugh. I think I have enough experience now to say that kratom is pretty useless to me (as expected). Feels decent for maybe an hour, then I just feel completely exhausted, sloppy, and apathetic. Even white vein doesn't feel stimulating at all.

It's really hard to find interesting psychoactives outside of the psychedelics / dissociatives / cannabinoids.

It's really hard to find interesting psychoactives outside of the psychedelics / dissociatives / cannabinoids.
Hardly, but I guess that depends on what one seeks from any particular substance. You don't enjoy any stims or downers?

Though I must say, my only forays with kratom were lackluster at best.

Back when I started kratom I was opiate naieve. I used crushed leaf and brewed it in the traditional way (takes about 45 minutes) and it was godly, it used to make me feel SO good, it was like opiate-cocaine coming up and then like full-on opiate after the first couple of hours. Got me totally hooked on opiates for a long time. I think consuming the actual leaf material changes the high.

Today I decided to take LSZ for the second time. It feels just how I remember it feeling 3 years ago, but more enjoyable this time. It's really not bad if you're looking for a mild trip. Last time, I started off with one 150ug hit, which was nice but underwhelming, so I took a second, then a third. That just added significantly to the side effects without adding much more psychedelic effects. This time, I only took one hit and decided to just enjoy whatever I get out of. I wasn't sure how strong it would be because last time I had taken 300ug of AL-LAD 2 days previously, although it seems there wasn't any significant tolerance because of it. One hit is enough for decent effects, although I think my ideal dose is probably a little higher. Next time I'll try 225ug.

LSZ Cool! I've got a few hits tucked away, I think I'll try 225µg next time too. Only tried it once, 3 years ago, at 150µg. Keep me and everyone posted if you do dose 225µg sometime, with so little of this left I want to make the best use of it possible, so your report will be helpful.

I'll probably do it kinda soon. I'll let you know how it goes in the Big and Dandy thread.

Hardly, but I guess that depends on what one seeks from any particular substance. You don't enjoy any stims or downers?

Okay, in all fairness I have to say that I love my caffeine. And nicotine is pretty fun, although it feels toxic as fuck, so I try to pretend it doesn't exist. But downers... I dunno, I just really like to feel totally awake and alert. I wash down my meals with a couple swigs of beer, but not enough to really feel buzzed.

Does anyone else agree that there's something about social drinking that almost feels like cheating? If you're easygoing and gregarious under the influence of alcohol, it's not because you're actually self-confident, it's just that the booze is smoothing over your true insecurities.

Back when I started kratom I was opiate naieve. I used crushed leaf and brewed it in the traditional way (takes about 45 minutes) and it was godly, it used to make me feel SO good, it was like opiate-cocaine coming up and then like full-on opiate after the first couple of hours. Got me totally hooked on opiates for a long time. I think consuming the actual leaf material changes the high.

Interesting. Might try brewing it into a tea next time I try it. How did you find whole leaf to compare?

What does being 'actually self-confident' mean if you are not actually soberly self-confident? That's basically hypothetical.. :)

There are plenty of 'faking' drugs but some feel much faker than others. MDMA can feel pretty damn real to many people... and it is certainly conducive to very warm-hearted, truthful and compassionate talking but being relatively fearless is still sort of cheating. That's fine though, the experience can end up having many 'real', therapeutic or transforming aspects but it doesn't mean you are fearless. Not as many positive things can be said about the drunk man's confessions, which are hardly that therapeutic at all and may just be repeated the following night.

It seems foolish to truly believe in the confidence something like crack may give you. Maybe it's a relief after having lacked confidence for a while.

Psychedelics to me are still plenty fake on some levels but relatively real because they are not narrowing for the most part but expanding. And the insights can be *really* helpful regardless of how real the perception was that enabled them.

I find nicotine to be highly overrated and caffeine is only as nice as a casual pickmeup considering it isn't that harmful. I've tried synephrine which is almost a fair drug in that class.

Don't store kratom brews or use extracts, it is quite unstable after processing the leaves like that... I do like powdered leaf but it does get less interesting after a while and I do NOT like that 'cocaine' side of it to overshadow the opioid side which is really the only part I find worthwhile.

Okay, in all fairness I have to say that I love my caffeine. And nicotine is pretty fun, although it feels toxic as fuck, so I try to pretend it doesn't exist. But downers... I dunno, I just really like to feel totally awake and alert. I wash down my meals with a couple swigs of beer, but not enough to really feel buzzed.

Does anyone else agree that there's something about social drinking that almost feels like cheating? If you're easygoing and gregarious under the influence of alcohol, it's not because you're actually self-confident, it's just that the booze is smoothing over your true insecurities

Would you really call caffeine and nicotine 'interesting', though? I agree with your original sentiment.... I think that genuinely interesting drugs are almost nonexistent outside of cannabis, psychedelics, and dissociatives. At this point I've honestly just about given up trying to find anything else that I'll like enough to incorporate into my life like daily smoking and the occasional trip. There are plenty of other drugs that are useful, but just not interesting enough to keep me coming back like that.

I would also agree that there is something that "almost feels like" cheating about social drinking for normally antisocial people, but I would disagree if you claimed that it actually was cheating. For me to see it that way I would have to believe that there are correct ways to be social or work on your insecurities, which I don't. Ignoring all the other unrelated great reasons to avoid alcohol, if someone wants to drink because it makes them more social then I don't see what the problem is. As I see it it's up to each individual which of their own problems are or aren't in immediate or even delayed need of significant attention, and I don't see any reason to deny them a night of hanging out with friends just because they didn't feel like tackling that particular issue right then and there. Nonetheless, I say that it almost feels like cheating because it is taking a shortcut around your brain and body chemistry, but that's not any different than how I would say opioids are almost like cheating to get over pain, which doesn't make them any less useful or valid and sure as hell wouldn't stop me from taking them in such a situation.

That's my perspective. :)

Well I really enjoy the opioid and amphetamine drugs; both have their place (amphetamines especially for a long road trip or some EDM event where I don't care for the artist), and one of my favorite combos lately has been opioids with LSD. The two body highs combine better than any I've ever experienced. Add in some weed and I feel so heavy, melt into the couch in a puddle of bliss as my mind flies in every direction.

I don't find it cheating at all to drink socially; I don't go out any more if I'm not gonna have at least a drink or two to loosen up. No regrets there, I've managed to tone down my volume of alcohol consumption and just doing it a night or two a week to engage effectively socially, I find to be a very tenable way to deal with social anxiety.

Does anyone else agree that there's something about social drinking that almost feels like cheating? If you're easygoing and gregarious under the influence of alcohol, it's not because you're actually self-confident, it's just that the booze is smoothing over your true insecurities.

I do get what you are saying, but I also feel that is like saying "Smoking cannabis for music enhancement is like cheating. If the music was actually good you wouldn't need any drug to enhance it". And that's not something I really agree with; Drugs can enhance all sort of situations, maybe there's many out there that can't really let go and have fun in social situations unless under the influence of some kind of drug... So if its for the occasional fun time I don't see a problem, and I would even think that If you exposed yourself regularly to social situations in the end the starting social anxiety would probably diminish in time even if everytime you drinked. But yeah, if alcohol starts being you only way of ever feeling confident in life and you feel pressure to be more confident in every aspect of your life then well, I can see how it would easily turn into a problem. Just like any drug, really. Many stoners I know are now to the point where they can't really have fun without being high, everything is boring.

Would you really call caffeine and nicotine 'interesting', though? I agree with your original sentiment.... I think that genuinely interesting drugs are almost nonexistent outside of cannabis, psychedelics, and dissociatives. At this point I've honestly just about given up trying to find anything else that I'll like enough to incorporate into my life like daily smoking and the occasional trip. There are plenty of other drugs that are useful, but just not interesting enough to keep me coming back like that.

That's my perspective. :)

Not that you really should incorporate other stuff into your life, or that it's really the point of something like alcohol to be interesting in itself... but fwiw I do find nootropics interesting, meaning the lot of them are potentially interesting but only some are only actually interesting and it is still for a big part the implications that are interesting rather than the actual experiences. Meaning that it can be remarkable to improve some functionality, but the reflection on that fact is more interesting than having improved functionality. I have had very psychedelic-like experiences on some nootropics though - very cognition rather than consciousness expanding but it felt like basically the same thing at the time.

I would say a lot of things about taking deliriants, hardly any of them positive, but it should prove to be interesting.

No I quite agree that drinking is not cheating in that sense ^^ cause that would presuppose that you must be born social and extraverted. Saying 'cheating' has a lot of negative connotation. Extraverts can also use 'aids' to focus on introverted things but nobody ever said that if you are somehow classified as either you must stay in your 'domain'. All of that is pigeonholing really, not that I object for a pigeon to be holing.