Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

What do people here know about Austin, Texas? There's a good chance I'm moving there in 2 months. I understand that Texas and the South in general is a pretty conservative area, but Austin (having one of the biggest music scenes in the country/on the planet) is regarded as a fairly liberal place yes?

To anyone who really knows the area, lets get down to brass tacks. How's the drug scene down there? I'm not asking for sources at all, I'm interested in the availability and pricing of drugs/psychedelics (especially ketamine!) Let's face it, its a huge city, with a massive music culture, and their motto is "keep Austin weird," I imagine that somebody out there somewhere is doing their part to keep Austin weird :D

I'm sure the Internet will end up being my main plug upon arrival anyway. I wont know too many people when I move down. I'm 23 and have never moved out of my home state of Wisconsin, so the prospect of leaving everything behind and starting a new life like this is both super exciting, and kind of terrifying :O if anyone has experience with moving, travelling, leaving their hometowns to start a new life, etc please hit me up and lets chat! I'm not leaving to start a new life because there's anything wrong with my current one really, I'm just kind of bored of the same old same old and I feel like I'm at the appropriate age to have an adventure like this. Also, fuck Wisconsin winters :p

Mmmm only a couple more days until it's time for DOC visit. I really love the tranquility of DOC exploration. It's great way to get into a peaceful/meditative mind state.

Xork, is your home turning to party central with S_S there?!?;);) I always imagined living with a good tripping friend that things might get a bit wonky!

I'm actually thinking about some food. I'm thinking some pizza but may eat some cheese filled ravoli instead. Grilled cheese was yesterday!

Thanks jammin. :) Funk for the Night Owls is the one track my old (?) band and I managed to record fully. I like it too. The guitar player is so unstable though, I realized when he came back to visit that I don't want that instability in my life, I felt more anxiety than I have felt since I got off opiates and got out of my old relationship during the few days he was around (due to his persecution complex and psychosis). And he totally alienated the bass player who is one of my best friends. Looks like it's fallen apart. I hope one day he can get his shit together and we can be a band because I felt really strongly about it and I think we could be great. But on the other hand, the jams I do with the ensemble that has all the "Dean jams" produces my favorite results anyway, we keep locking into these great grooves and developing on the fly composed music, which is more than I can say for when we jammed with the other band (the guitar player/lead guy for that one, the one with the issues, is not a great listener usually - he can be if he tries but usually he's trying to be the lead, you know? And have the rest of us try to follow him.)

Yesterday the bass player and the drummer of this ensemble (Dean himself) and my girl went on a river hike, it was a great time, and great bonding for us and Dean. Over time he's been getting to be a closer friend and it will only help us all to get closer. He's an awesome dude, really fun to hang out with, smart, nice, stable, etc. And really young, he's only 19, and he's gotten a lot better even since we've started playing with him. A truly talented and creative drummer. :)

Sorry to hear that brother. It's always sad to see someone close to you go down the rabbit hole, but we have to decide if we are willing to go down there or not with them. It happens to so many talented people. It sucks to see mental illness get a hold of someone. I know that one pretty well from my own experience. Follow the music man, it's about feeling good and expressing yourself, not always about the end result. I did dig the shit out of that funk for the night, you guys sound like a bunch of grimey hippies. :) I don't know what it is about damn guitar players and their egos but one that's flexible and listens to where a jam is going is more important than one that can shred all over your face. Hope for the best man, but take pride in where the current grooves are taking you. Always a positive thing to have a talented drummer around, esp one that is young and receptive to life experience. Always value your friendships man, we can take those things for granted.

I'm feeling quite good today and on some really positive shit. Been going through hell with some psych drug withdrawals but almost through it. Almost off that bullshit entirely. Feel really excited about my life which I haven't felt in quite some time.

I know it's the morning but this song is how I'm feeling right now.

Good morning PD!=D

IB, Austin is the shining light of Texas...never been there myself but had a good friend that really like it. Good music scene, pretty cool place from what I understand. You'll be in good company. No shortage of drugs of any type down there. :)

Man; it was delicious -- really hit the spot. There was so much soup leftover that I drank it like a beverage. Our local grocery chain offers their own brand of condensed tomato soup that's pretty good -- I always use milk instead of water. (That's how my Mom did it.)

I have a friend in Austin; loves the city, hates the cops and local government. Plus, it's Richard Linklater's hometown.

Morning PD :) thank fuck it isn't -7 degrees like it was early yesterday morning... Shit was ridiculous :O

Another hour and a half of tattoo this afternoon :)

What's for dinner?

I made my special burger recipe, beef with butter, worchestershire sauce, diced onions, salt, pepper and white wine mixed in. And I also made a homemade creamy potato soup that started with an asparagus and chicken stock I made. It was very well-received. :)

Xork, is your home turning to party central with S_S there?!?;);) I always imagined living with a good tripping friend that things might get a bit wonky!

Well more like chill central... he doesn't party too often these days, mostly we smoke a lot of weed and have dinner and drinks and talk a lot. It feels nice to have people in my house while I'm working though it can be distracting. He and my girl get along really great too and they keep each other company when they're both over and I'm working.

He absolutely loves psytrance, it's most of what he listens to. Personally I am not very into it, the psytrance he listens to is that kind that's just a fast, loud repetitive beat that never, ever varies and is accompanied by computerized sounds. I sometimes go with him to see shows when they're free because he likes it so much when I do but I have to take MXE just to be able to get into it. I like psychedelic electronic music when the beats are more organic... Shpongle for example, or Androcell. Beats Antique was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen of any type of music. But straight psytrance is boring as shit to me. Hopefully he doesn't decide to come on here and read this page of PD social. :D Doubtful since he hardly ever comes on here anymore. I don't tell him it bores me because he gets so excited about it.

Sorry to hear that brother. It's always sad to see someone close to you go down the rabbit hole, but we have to decide if we are willing to go down there or not with them. It happens to so many talented people. It sucks to see mental illness get a hold of someone. I know that one pretty well from my own experience. Follow the music man, it's about feeling good and expressing yourself, not always about the end result. I did dig the shit out of that funk for the night, you guys sound like a bunch of grimey hippies. :) I don't know what it is about damn guitar players and their egos but one that's flexible and listens to where a jam is going is more important than one that can shred all over your face. Hope for the best man, but take pride in where the current grooves are taking you. Always a positive thing to have a talented drummer around, esp one that is young and receptive to life experience. Always value your friendships man, we can take those things for granted.

Yeah, the guitar player in the ensemble I'm playing in now is super talented, he's not as riff-talented as the guitar player in the other band who's off his rocker but he listens better than anyone I have ever played with and he has this huge pedalboard where he can make an infinite variety of sounds with his guitar... sometimes the music sounds like electronic music with instruments because of it. Greatest support guitar player I know of, I usually take the lead or we fluidly switch lead roles even on a phrase-by-phrase basis, it seems to happen automatically and whenever I'm the lead he always plays something complimentary that makes what I came up with more beautiful. We get into these really trancey breakdowns where we all manage to stay together despite drums fading out and tempo radically altering and then come back in with a dance beat. Plus his tone is phenomenal. This ensemble is made up entirely of close friends and we read each other so well and we all have similar ideas of how musical phrasing should develop.

Vegetarian Chili son! :)
What's up man? How you been? Still got that drawing?

Yup :) for all intensive tripping purposes. Ive been great, just started my new job and emjoying my summer off of school. Veggie chili sounds delicious. How have you and Nicole been?

I made my special burger recipe, beef with butter, worchestershire sauce, diced onions, salt, pepper and white wine mixed in. And I also made a homemade creamy potato soup that started with an asparagus and chicken stock I made. It was very well-received.

Sounds delicious, did you make it for other people?

Yeah I made it for S_S (new roommate), his girl and my girl. And myself of course. I've been perfecting this burger recipe for over a year, people have told me they're the best burgers they've ever had anywhere.

Oh and by the way Help, you really called it with this girl and ending up in love. Good work on that. :)

That's great to hear man! Always makes me happy to read how grandly your life has three six-tied since those dark times! This is the girl that left for sometime around winter to bud tend in Cali, I assume? Care to give me a quick synopsis(you could PM if you want)? I missed some of this thread as well as the last one or two. I'd be interested in hearing the story behind how one of my frequent future predications using my psychic prowess came to be!;);) Interesting to hear S_S has become tame. I assume he still trips and such, just not like before? I laughed at the needing to take MXE to enjoy his music. I feel that though, MXE can make pretty much anything enjoyable for me though. I've been content just laying on my ground on my back for hours staring off into eternity... I honestly don't think I could listen to music that contains singular beats on repeat, sounds bizarre, and boring! Have any examples? As far as I know I've never heard anything of the sort unless it was background noise or something.

What's up Lakia? How've things been? What's vegetarian chili like? Never had any nor seen any!

Yeah, same girl. She's gonna go to Cali again in October, it's a yearly thing where she makes most of her income for the year. It's really just been a smooth process. Right when we first met it was like we just had this connection, especially physically, even the first time we hung out and didn't know each other at all. It's just like, we both seem to just know what the other wants in any given moment. Lots of wordless communication and also lots of great word-based communication. I really liked her after the first time we hung out but it's steadily grown more significant and deeper. There's no stress or clashing at all, all is always peaceful and loving. She's not only the most chill woman I've ever met but probably the most chill person of either gender I've ever met. My friends love her, and she really enjoys spending time with them. It just seems like nothing phases her, I always understand where she's coming from. She's really loving and supportive and fun to be around, and sexy. Nothing spectacular has happened to move it along, it's just that spending time with a person like that for a while makes me feel more and more. I appreciate her so much because of how my last relationship was, this is pretty much the opposite. I've never really had a connection like this with anyone, it's hard to explain, it's not like I couldn't find someone I have more in common with, but we do have a lot in common, and we just have this innate understanding of each other. I haven't told her I love her yet, but I am almost sure she knows. The one way I can see that my last relationship left a bit of trauma in me is that I am just afraid to tell her I love her, like doing that will change something or trap me into a situation. But internally I feel no stress at loving her, I think it often at her and to myself.

S_S actually is a funny guy, he's always been more tame than he appeared on BL. He has some of the lowest tolerance for drugs of anyone I've ever met, numerous times lower than me. He doesn't trip that often, never really did (compared to me anyway) except for a DMT smoking phase back in 2006. I trip quite a bit more than he does and at much larger doses, and it's always been that way since I've known him.

Though even now he's certainly not tame by any means. He actually does communicate in person pretty much just like he did on here. He's a really intense guy, super expressive of emotions and feelings about others, full of love, and an adrenaline junkie. He works out like crazy, is the best rock climber I know, and he has skydived I think over 500 times including with wingsuits. He also BASE jumps though not recently, has done a bunch of jumps in really sketchy and illegal conditions. His little dog is the craziest dog I have ever met, she fits him well. She's super sweet but a wild blue heeler puppy who sometimes is really embarrassing to be around on hikes because she either tries to dominate other dogs or is so submissive they try to attack her, there's no in-between, and he doesn't ever leash her so it's like, fuck, another dog, better go wrangle her and apologize to the owners for the disruption.

What do people here know about Austin, Texas?

I grew up an hour away from Austin and now live about two hours away, but am there almost every weekend. To sum it up as easily as possible, the scene for almost everything is good.

All kinds of music has a great scene, if you love electronic / dance music like I do, you have to check out Kingdom. It's on 5th and is this small little 300 capacity club with minimal lighting, a dope sound system, and even doper music. They do afterhours from 2-5 fairly frequently where they play super dark and deep techno and tech house that's really great. Check out Electric Avenue if you like dance music, they have a partyline that will text you about good events.

Drug wise, weed is super easy to find, super cheap, and super dank. Everything else is there but at differing levels of ease to find. MDMA and related "molly" drugs are fairly easy. Psychedelics are fairly easy, although to find real LSD and good psychs besides shrooms you're going to have to know the right people. I'm sure benzos are super easy to find, they're really popular pretty much everywhere in TX that has the lower income, usually hip-hop listening, smoke a lot of weed, scene (not to stereotype, but it's true), although that'd be a totally different crowd as everyone I know that is into mind expanding drugs here hates benzos. Opiates I dunno. Dissos I dunno either, I just get them and enjoy them myself.

Anyways, you should private message me, man. I'm more than down to meet up and introduce you to a big and varied group of cool individuals that live in Austin.

I have a friend in Austin; loves the city, hates the cops and local government. Plus, it's Richard Linklater's hometown.

And Linklater usually does weekly film screenings too where he talks about the movie beforehand, watches it with you, then discusses it after ;)

Last edited:
I grew up an hour away from Austin and now live about two hours away, but am there almost every weekend. To sum it up as easily as possible, the scene for almost everything is good.

All kinds of music has a great scene, if you love electronic / dance music like I do, you have to check out Kingdom. It's on 5th and is this small little 300 capacity club with minimal lighting, a dope sound system, and even doper music. They do afterhours from 2-5 fairly frequently where they play super dark and deep techno and tech house that's really great. Check out Electric Avenue if you like dance music, they have a partyline that will text you about good events.

Drug wise, weed is super easy to find, super cheap, and super dank. Everything else is there but at differing levels of ease to find. MDMA and related "molly" drugs are fairly easy. Psychedelics are fairly easy, although to find real LSD and good psychs besides shrooms you're going to have to know the right people. I'm sure benzos are super easy to find, they're really popular pretty much everywhere in TX that has the lower income, usually hip-hop listening, smoke a lot of weed, scene (not to stereotype, but it's true), although that'd be a totally different crowd as everyone I know that is into mind expanding drugs here hates benzos. Opiates I dunno. Dissos I dunno either, I just get them and enjoy them myself.

Anyways, you should private message me, man. I'm more than down to meet up and introduce you to a big and varied group of cool individuals that live in Austin.

And Linklater usually does weekly film screenings too where he talks about the movie beforehand, watches it with you, then discusses it after ;)

Fuck yeah!

This right here is pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. I'd be happy to meet up, get to know some cool folks and explore the area. Expect a PM from me soon, we have much to chat about!

@jammin and Just a Guy thanks for your inputs as well. And yeah, I love Linklater. It's hard for me to have a discussion about favorite movies without mentioning Waking Life at some point :)

I got some 4-mmc today!!! Been YEARS!!!! Omg I forgot how fuckin GREAT this feels

I know!! :D I haven't had it since '09 and it's probably the greatest feeling chemical I've ever done, heroin included. Hands down.

How does meph differ from MDMA? At least regarding why you say it's the best feeling chem

Status
Not open for further replies.