• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun stuff! How are you gonna put it to work?

Fairly easily, it's mostly assembled I just have to re-do the whole power supply and disk drives and cable management.. :) Probably the same goes for my old PC which I found a power supply for, but I have vague memories of one of my previous power supplies being unstable and not sure if I tossed it. Mostly confident it's not this one I have here but an even more previouser that had those issues. Hopefully I can measure it safely with a multimeter on stability..

I hated windows 8 by the way, it just made me feel like it was just wishing my PC was a tablet somehow. Screw that.

My monitors are not exactly good on any of those specs but I have no complaints considering I have 2 LCDs and an external plasma screen hooked up. Not a hardcore gamer, although I am looking forward to try some games that are well made and fun to play, now that I have the system to do it! Fallout 4 for starters..

I really hadn't plan on any liquid cooling since I am not used to all-in-one products (not only are entire liquid setups pricey but just seem like problems waiting to happen to me, I think my nephew burned his PC because he didn't know he had to refill it..), but now that I have it, am obsessing over it big time lol

Not a great start to the new year. Spent two weeks in the Far East over Christmas and came back to a love lether from customs saying that my package containing ETH-LAD had been seized (although they identified it as LSD, it's a moot point as everything is illegal here anyway). Cue much paranoia over an order of K I had outstanding followed by moving my stash to a safer place.
Anyway, turns out I was scammed on the K and it will never arrive. I've never been so relieved to be scammed in my life!

Still have a little eth-lad remaining from a previous order so am happily planning a future trip to give me something to look forward to in these dark early January days.

i need a fifth of beethoven

That's crazy, I hope they don't make too big a deal out of the seized eth-lad?

edit: watching Off The Air now... that shit is sick

https://youtu.be/_9DBJF1dRLY?list=PL6pOfxkTU7etOpd4velDSt9BXqf5PFcZJ

Last edited:
Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment for me, Solipsis. It's like they did everything they could to dumb it down and make it into a shooter with RPG elements. New Vegas still reigns supreme, with 3 in a close second IMO.

I never even played FO4. It looks pretty unoriginal, from what I've gathered. Skyrim was also kinda meh, so I may be losing faith in Bethesda.

Skyrim was totally meh for a Bethesda game, yea. I never even finished it I found it so bland and boring compared to Oblivion. Still need to get around to running one of the Morrowind restorations.

Fairly easily, it's mostly assembled I just have to re-do the whole power supply and disk drives and cable management.. :) Probably the same goes for my old PC which I found a power supply for, but I have vague memories of one of my previous power supplies being unstable and not sure if I tossed it. Mostly confident it's not this one I have here but an even more previouser that had those issues. Hopefully I can measure it safely with a multimeter on stability..

I hated windows 8 by the way, it just made me feel like it was just wishing my PC was a tablet somehow. Screw that.

My monitors are not exactly good on any of those specs but I have no complaints considering I have 2 LCDs and an external plasma screen hooked up. Not a hardcore gamer, although I am looking forward to try some games that are well made and fun to play, now that I have the system to do it! Fallout 4 for starters..

I really hadn't plan on any liquid cooling since I am not used to all-in-one products (not only are entire liquid setups pricey but just seem like problems waiting to happen to me, I think my nephew burned his PC because he didn't know he had to refill it..), but now that I have it, am obsessing over it big time lol

i need a fifth of beethoven

That's crazy, I hope they don't make too big a deal out of the seized eth-lad?

edit: watching Off The Air now... that shit is sick

https://youtu.be/_9DBJF1dRLY?list=PL6pOfxkTU7etOpd4velDSt9BXqf5PFcZJ

I don't think they will. It operates differently over here: we don't have a DEA equivalent so it all comes down to the local police force. Even if customs do pass details to the locals they are stretched pretty thin resource wise so I hope that they won't bother with a small amount of what they think is LSD.

Ad for PCs, corsair do some very good integrated liquid coolers these days. You don't need to refill and they work well. I'm running an i7 on a 2066 chipset with twin graphics cards and 16gb RAM and it never gets hot.

I liked Skyrim. I hardly play games though. Good for weed and wggg.

Ad for PCs, corsair do some very good integrated liquid coolers these days. You don't need to refill and they work well. I'm running an i7 on a 2066 chipset with twin graphics cards and 16gb RAM and it never gets hot.

That's what I use. I never worry about temps.

Skyrim was totally meh for a Bethesda game, yea. I never even finished it I found it so bland and boring compared to Oblivion. Still need to get around to running one of the Morrowind restorations.

Morrowind was like the only game I've played since high school... was staying at my parents' house for the summer after my freshman year of college and my brother had it, I played the shit out of it. Amazing game.

I loved video games so much as a kid but I made it to about 4 years after the Nintendo 64 came out. My real shit was side-scroller platform games on NES/SNES. I can still to this day beat Mario 3 without ever stopping running. Kinda lost interest after I went to college.

Hi swirlow. :) About to finish the 2nd Malazan book. Whoo.... got my girlfriend reading them too and got my little brother the first 4 for Christmas. Good recommendation!

Isnt Steven Erickson the author for those? I have Deadhouse Gates and Gardens of the Moon by him. Grabbed em from halfprice books, but I am stilk halfway through the Sword of Truth series. On "Faith of the Fallen". I actually read that one by itselff years ago, but it makes much more sense in context

Also, Brandon Sanderson come on with that new Stormlight book!.

Last edited:
Today begins a 5-10 day camping/outdoors trip during which I plan to delve into and heal all the areas of my psyche, consciousness, and being that I have either ignored or been unable to see for the past few months. My entire self really needs this and it feels so liberating just knowing I finally have the ability to do so and it's actually happening.

I appreciate and love every one of you that contributes to what PD is today. I know I haven't been around too long, but I am so thankful to have this community with which I can share, express, and be heard. And to likewise do the same for others. Love to all of you,

I'll see y'all on the flipside.

good luck with your soul searching, psy :)

my winter holidays ended and now I will be very busy the rest of the semester. good time to go a bit slower with the weed as I decided yesterday. today's task: carbonyl reduction with lithium aluminium hydride; tomorrow: exam /o\

Last edited:
Isnt Steven Erickson the author for those? I have Deadhouse Gates and Gardens of the Moon by him. Grabbed em from halfprice books, but I am stilk halfway through the Sword of Truth series. On "Faith of the Fallen". I actually read that one by itselff years ago, but it makes much more sense in context

Yeah, Steve Erikson. I can't even describe to you the amazingness of the Malazan books, totally unlike anything else, Deadhouse Gates is maybe the most soul-wrenching thing I've ever read and that's saying something. Gardens of the Moon is great, Deadhouse gates is awe-inspiring. Nothing embodies epic fantasy more than the Malazan Book of the Fallen, I can't even conceive of how a person could conceive of such a world/story. I'd recommend getting into those next. I'm on the third one, Memories of Ice.

Also, Brandon Sanderson come on with that new Stormlight book!.

Do you mean Words of Radiance? That's not new, already read it. If you mean the third one, I am not seeing it on Amazon but that excites me if so. However I suspect I will have to finish all the the Malazan books first.

Today begins a 5-10 day camping/outdoors trip during which I plan to delve into and heal all the areas of my psyche, consciousness, and being that I have either ignored or been unable to see for the past few months. My entire self really needs this and it feels so liberating just knowing I finally have the ability to do so and it's actually happening.

I appreciate and love every one of you that contributes to what PD is today. I know I haven't been around too long, but I am so thankful to have this community with which I can share, express, and be heard. And to likewise do the same for others. Love to all of you,

I'll see y'all on the flipside.

<3, have a great time!

I got up to Book 5 of Malazan before needing a break. It is overwhelming! Utterly brilliant. His friend wrote 5 books in the same world too but I hear they aren't as good.

I received Way of Kings recently and am in the mood for some epic fantasy. :)

Yeah the Stormlight archive is awesome. Both books so far are great, the second one is clearly the better of the two, too, so you'll have that to look forward to.

Haha, all the (to|too|two)s in one sentence.

Malazan is like, really something else though. It's overwhelming me with brilliance and all manner of things. Overwhelming is a great way to put it. I feel like I happened upon something really profound, the effect his writing has on me is really interesting and hard to describe.

I am certainly feeling the effects of some sleep deprivation and AMT afterglow. Wow it has longer legs than the last time I used it.

When the couple asked the other couple that they were walking with, whom were attending the same party as themselves, where that particular couple ahead of them strolling along is going to, the first couple responded to the second couple, "they're all going to go to their house over there that is two houses down too."

You deserve a hand job for your proper usage of their they're and there (and too and two).
And I'm talking about a real hand job, from a dude with calluses and muscles. Not one one those sorry excuses for a hand job that most chics seem to give.
Next time you cum through Asheville. ;)

My most recent syntactical confusion stems around the use of 'then' and 'than'. Its a rule I know and have comfortably, subconcisously used for many years but maybe 18 months ago I overthought it and rendered it meaningless- both words still regularly do that thing where they suddenly become nonsense arbitrary sounds in my head, and the rule itself flees.

Of course, 'then' refers to temporal nature ("and then I punched the baby"), 'than' is comparative ("better than the baby punching me"). But I now need to really fucking try to remember this. That is why thinking is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.