• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to feel a bit more grounded each day i think doing DMT 3 times in a week really launched me further into the nether realm. Got a urge to retry edibles again this time not eating them 40 hours after a heavy lsd trip.

6.25mg is my sweet spot with 5-MeO-MiPT. I love the stuff — it's so transparent, kind, and hedonistic in a positive way. I don't get much of any body load from it (unlike LSD,) so I feel quite fortunate. While I would characterize it as easygoing, it can be anxiogenic, especially as the dosage increases. A psychedelic naïve friend tried some recently at 2.5mg and had to keep hiking for the entirety of it to avoid the stimulation induced anxiety. It's not for everyone, but I'm certainly a huge fan

^ haha, pretty specific. I'm note certain to the second decimal on my doses but I would say around 7 mg is my sweetspot as well.

Do you dose on a completely empty stomach? FWIW, I'm sensitive to gut pain on LSD (particularly if I'm not careful about food), and if anything I find 5-MeO-MiPT to be one of the gentler psychedelics in this regard.

Stomach discomfort while tripping is weird. I find it happens to me almost at random ... or at least haven't noticed much patterns. When I do eat I usually get nausea and some stomach ache on the comeup, but if my stomach is too empty, then I get cramps towards the end of a trip. Luckily this "rules" don't always apply, I mostly don't get gut pains.

Anyways, 5-MeO-MiPT never gave me any digestive tract discomfort, sometimes some muscle tensions, and only on my last trip I got some nausea during come-up, but it was a first. It is very benign in my experience.

I also really like 5-MeO-MiPT a lot. I get kind of intense come-ups at 6mg or more, but it passes. I really like it at 3mg, it's transparent and produces a sparkly euphoria and heightened appreciation for things, and a pro-social state. At 6-8mg it really shines but is also more psychedelic. I have never taken it higher, I've heard reports of it being really intense and visual at high doses. I once took 8mg, on top of propylhexedrine and some 3-MeO-PCP, and was skirting a really interesting kind of ego dissolution (I wouldn't say death but I felt close to breakthrough). It's hard to describe but it was profound and full of synchronicity and humor, I saw the cosmic joke. I had the most profound nitrous experience I've ever had that time, too, it's also the one I remember the best. It basically amounted to zooming out (or down) to the root level of awareness, being the universe and trying to decide whether to end the dream, because existing was so full of pain and hubris and terrible irony that I thought maybe infinite isolation in a void was preferable.

Most of the time, though, 5-MeO-MiPT is all love and light. Dissociatives really catapult psychedelics when used as a launching pad. Even that trip wasn't as dark as it sounded, its root was in the cosmic joke... that all of existence is to escape oblivion, and yet so many of our manifestations end up desiring just that.

There was some gut pain in it for me, but there mostly was extreme physical uncomfortableness, very nauseating in the beginning, then twitchy muscles all over, I was enjoying it to a degree. But due to the setting I was in, I could not really settle into the effects. Rookie mistake of tripping at parties.... I had been mislead too much by the MDMA comparisons.

It also remember it being very colorful with some tryptamine like waving and drifting. Anyway, it's very potent stuff, even 1mg had strong effects on me for a while.

The gut pain is kind of a killer... I remember reading posts by some guy saying that he and his gf would take moxy before going to a restaurant, and order like multiple differing plates so they could taste everything in which order they felt like. Sounded like a top tier plan

^It never made me anxious, I would put it in place great for newbies, like 2C-B. But it is probably dangerous in high doses.

I don't consider it "safe" for newbies like I would for 2C-B. I made several posts in the megathread about this substance. Here are some quotes if you're interested;

I worked with this substance all last year and personally trip sat or tripped with multiple people in a variety of settings. I saw it humble hard heads that had years of shroom/LSD trips under their belts. It caused great distress in a friend of mine one night and I've never seen him like that on any substance. We've been tripping together on things since our first mushroom journey over a decade ago, he can handle his shit.

In some people it just doesn't seem to mesh well. Even those that can push the does up to full blown trip levels have a hard time working with it.

It's an oddball that sneaks up on you for sure. I had multiple low does trips on it where I didn't feel much was going on only to cycle into panic states over the course of a few hours. I remember once I had taken 5 or 6mg and felt it wasn't doing much, so I laid in bed to ride out the end of the trip and relax. It sent me down a mental rabbit hole that had me complementing things I never do. I became very depressed and was happy that I had taken the precautions I normally do (locking up all the guns).

Once I'd come through it all was well, but I didn't learn anything or gain much insight. I just felt like it was forcing bad thoughts into my head on that particular trip and it was some time before I returned to the substance and tried again.

Eaten seemed to be the way to go as the other ROAs didn't add much or make it kick in any faster. My friend that panicked on it snorted 3-5mg then re-dosed two times about an hour apart at 1-2mg (also snorted). The second re-dose is what got him, I shouldn't have given it to him but he said it wasn't working and wanted to push it. I gave him fair warning that it wasn't to be taken lightly but eventually gave into his demands.

The nearly instant look of "oh shit, I fucked up" was plastered on his face within a minute or two of taking the final dose. He refused to move from where he was sitting for an hour and wouldn't give straight answers abou how he was feeling when I asked him questions. I offered him a benzo but he refused to take it, he became very distrusting of me which is outside the norm since I'm usually the one talking everyone down or explaining things about the substance we're using. Basically, this guy trusts me with his life.

He came out of it about an hour or so later and was fine for the rest of the night. He begged for more a few days later but I wouldn't give him any. He took 6mg a few months later and was fine for most of the night, he requested a benzo at the 3 hour mark but I talked him into waiting 15 minutes. He said things calmed down and he didn't want it when I offered a xanax 15 minutes later. He described the substance as "fun but difficult".

While the same friend/night is described in two of the above quotes I want to note that I saw similar reactions from friends even without re-doses involved. I have a theory for why this happens which I'll quote below:

Two things to keep in mind with this material as I've now seen it happen to multiple people (and myself);

1. There will be a strong desire to re-dose in the first hour or two. Heed my warning and do not go through with it if you're new to this substance. Treat it as a one-shot type of deal since this trip has two phases (or peaks). Re-dosing seems to mess up the clean transition to the second phase and not add much to the overall experience.

Instead I find it best to wait until the next trip to explore a higher dose. Adding on say 3mg to a 7mg dose doesn't seem to add much, where as waiting until the next trip to attempt 10mg would make for a much more fulfilling trip.

2. There will be a strong desire to abort the trip for some people when they enter phase two. The "rolly" phase wearing off into an intense psychedelic state seems to cause distress in a lot of people. If you wait 10-15 minutes the anxiety will go away and you'll find yourself in a very content, sedating and trippy state. I've seen this shift catch a lot of "vets" and "hard heads" off guard.

Basically it's like coming up all over again for about 10-15 minutes, you just have to accept that and let it settle back down.

If you really think you need to abort with a benzo by all means, just know that you'll be robbing yourself of the best part of the trip since it's just getting started when that "phase shift" happens.

As such I approach this material differently than I would something like LSD, mushrooms, 2C-x, or any other similar substance. With 5-meo-mipt everything up until "phase two" is what I would consider the come-up. You could also think of it as having two peaks.

So basically, the substance has two peaks or a long come-up. The first peak is the MDMA-like effects while the second is more akin to mushrooms. Dropping out of the first peak into the second causes anxiety in most everyone I've taken this one with. Pushing the dose up to levels around 10-20mg seems to help and doesn't cause as much distress at the second or third hour. However, the initial come-up is fast and scary at that level. It settles in okay in about 15-20 minutes (if taken orally) and seems to jump right into the second phase of the trip producing many visuals. I do not suggest taking it at those levels though despite doing it myself 3-4 times when I had this laying around. You should note that when I took doses like that I was in the middle of a binge so tolerance was very much in play.

It's an odd one for sure. After giving it away I had no desire to get more of it despite singing its praises in the megathread for many months.

I don't consider it "safe" for newbies like I would for 2C-B.

Funny, because I have reservations about recommending 2C-B to someone that is psychedelic naïve. For one, I've seen more than a few freakouts in settings where that was attempted. I also find it to occasionally have a strong and unique anxiogenic quality way out of proportion to the intensity of the experience, especially at what are for me higher doses (30mg+.) I've read other reports of experienced reports saying it sent them into "the Fear." I'm experienced and not especially sensitive, so that makes me hesitant to recommend it to newcomers despite its mild effects.

As for 5-MeO-MiPT's two stages, that aligns with my experience. I don't find the rapid onset or the shift from stage one to stage two alarming anymore, but I can definitely see how they might be. I've heard that redosing eliminates the second stage, which seems like a waste to me. Don't know if that is generally the case regardless. I DO still find it anxiogenic at doses over 8.5mg, especially over 12mg, although it's manageable. I don't think I'm ever revisit those levels, though.

I've never dosed 5-MeO-MiPT higher than 3-4mg and I still get the uneasiness...

RE: 2C-B I also don't find it to be a super easy intro psych. Given, that may just be because I left behind the ability to have a non-spiritual and deeply impacting trip years and years ago. The last time I did 2C-B I did around 15-20mg and after putting on a psych bass album with a visualizer, almost broke through on my coach, after a trip of relative easy going-ness.

I gave a girl 2c-b once for a psychedelic for her first experince lit up some weed and she literally fell over once it hit her and couldn't walk lmao had to sit her on the couch. She told me her depth perception went super fucked felt like everything was miles away.

Take enough 2cb and its a super intense experince esp with weed added into the mix

I have a friend that had a horrible freak out on 2C-B, ended up in the ER. But the fucker took an unknown amount of it after being offered at a party. He didnt even know what it was before that night. I wasn't there, but supposedly he thought the aliens were coming for him, threw himself into a fountain and then fought the security guards that came to take him out lol. Lessons learned I guess, "Know your substance, know your dose".

Had a crazy sleep paralysis experince. Woke up from a dream where i was handling a sheet of LSD then woke up in bed but it was still a dream and the music was playing in my head so fluent and trippy visually everything looked like a strong dose of acid then it got spooky and started seeing what looked like something out of one of the conjuring movies fly towards my face ended up screaming and waking up for real screaming i believe in jesus christ begone.

But if 2C-B isn't newbie friendly, what is?

Good question. What makes a newbie friendly psychedelic?

Probably something with a low chance of causing a psychotic reaction, just in case the newbie in question is particularly sensitive.

I find 2C-B to share some subjective features with tryptamines like 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET that I find relatively lacking in the MiPT-based tryptamines, including an anxiogenic tendency. I would rarely consider combining 5-MeO-MiPT or 4-HO-MiPT with sedatives, but I like to take 2C-B with a low dose of etizolam or alprazolam.

I can't get over how different individual responses to drugs are. While some people never go above 3mg with 5-MeO-MiPT, I'm not sure I would even feel that dosage. But then again, for me 2C-B-FLY is quite psychedelic at 10mg and I've had one strong +++ from 30mg of 2C-D. I really wish we better understood this wild amount of variability.

@Buzz Lightbeer, I'm still vacationing in Alberta. Haven't been sober like I had intended, but I've been off the etizolam for a while now.

Got my taxes done too, return of 95 bucks with the expectation of paying a few grand. So that was super cool too ^.^

Just got up at 5:30 to train before breakfast with some friends I haven't seen in a long while. Then it's off to my dad's vacation home to build some final semi permanent structures, finish the gazebo and deck, and then I think this weekend is videogames and magic mushrooms with some friends. I brought some DMT for my one buddy, and some 4-AcO-DMT just in case he was curious.

It's been a good trip so far. I went and drank with an old work friend who had just broken up *again* with his on again off again GF if the last 4 - 5 years. I got a 26 of whiskey after we got 5 tall boys deep each and man were we shitty the next day. He actually made it to work the bastard haha. Tough liver on Dan for sure, tried to convince him to move to Vancouver to work framing with me again in a better city. It was his own idea but he needs a push to get things rolling.

Cest la vie.

Still love all yall, I hope everyone else is doing well in their own situations.

Last edited:
I went and drank with an old work friend who had just broken up *again* with his on again off again GF if the last 4 - 5 years. I got a 26 of whiskey after we got 5 tall boys deep each and man were we shitty the next day. He actually made it to work the bastard haha. Tough liver on Dan for sure, tried to convince him to move to Vancouver to work framing with me again in a better city. It was his own idea but he needs a push to get things rolling.

It's sad when people are stuck in bad relationships (I assume generally that on again/off again relationships are off so many times because things are bad). It can be hard to let go but life gets SO MUCH better when you move on. You can take your life back and remove a toxic situation that just really severely impacts your happiness level. It's like ripping off a band-aid.

My girl started taking melatonin recently, and it's actually made a huge difference for her. She was having really terrible sleep quality and would sleep 11-12 hours a day and wake up groggy all day and in a terrible mood. From the first night she started taking melatonin, she is sleeping well and waking up at like 8:30-9am, and says she feels really level and generally content and happy. Her shitty dad even emailed her yesterday with a manipulative email... she cut him out after she told him repeatedly about how he was abusive and that's why she has PTSD and that's why all of his kids won't talk to him, because he is always asking her why his kids won't talk to him. And she gave him a chance to take responsibility and move forward, repeatedly, even told him if he just admitted fault it would help her heal a lot. But he came back every time and was like "you know I thought about it, and what you said happened didn't happen, I have no idea what you're talking about, I was never anything but kind and loving, you must be confused". The last time he told her that it was actually her mom who was abusive, and not him, which pissed her off so bad because he abused her mom too which was why she left, and basically abandoned her kids to him. So she told him to leave and that he's not allowed to come back and hasn't communicated with him since. He told her in the email that he has "absolutely no idea whatsoever" why she won't talk to him, and that he "thought he raised a person of integrity but I guess not if you won't even tell me why you won't talk to me after everything I've done for you". She got really pissed, but unlike most times that he pulls this shit, we talked about it and she shook it off and is fine today... usually it sinks her into a deep depression for days. And she's having PMS right now too which usually would make it even that much worse. So I'm excited, I have never seen anything make such a dramatic difference for her. :)

Melatonin is a godsend. I’ve always had insomnia, as far back as I can remember. I do all the stuff they say like no screens, decompress, blah blah but I’d still lay awake for 1-2 hrs (or more) every night. 2 mg of melatonin has me sleeping wonderfully in 20 mins and I feel great the next day. I’ve found that taking too much like say 5 mg makes it harder to fall asleep. I dunno why but if I just keep the dose low it works like a charm. And I haven’t noticed any tolerance really

Status
Not open for further replies.