• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a psychologist for a bit. I was able to be open about drugs including all my tripping adventures without him being judgmental out spouting the typical bs. He seemed to be more understanding about that sort of stuff than most others are which did help allot.

I saw a therapist after I did my flood dose and got off opiates, to be proactive in making sure I stayed off opiates. We talked about my psychedelic use a lot. She specialized in substance abuse so that probably helped, but she was really open minded about positive use of psychedelics. She also read my ibogaine story.

You are not sad - you are feeling - or, rather, experiencing - sadness. You are not scared - you are experiencing fear. The distinction might not seem relevant, and even if it does seem relevant, it is usually not easy to appreciate. But all these feelings - including feeling trapped, feeling addicted, and feeling powerless over it - are things that we experience, not things that we are - and if we can recognise this, as mere surface detail, and nothing more than curious textures on the boundary between our inner self and the screen through which we watch reality unfold - then it can be easier to recognise feelings of guilt and self judgement as the temporary illusions that they are.

Good way of looking at it and I agree. We experience a lot, including feelings but they are transient. As you see we can experience bliss and then depression. And let's face it one of the funniest and spot on things I heard was on the Sopranos. AJ's therapist asked him if he was depressed. So he said of course I am depressed. You would have to have your head shoved so far up your ass if you live in this world and are not depressed. Made sense. I get depessed, almost wishing for death on a lot of days. But that invisible sun keeps me going just as I can't take it anymore. And as Swami Vivekenanda said life is a 5 minute thing in the grand scheme of things. This suffering is temporary.

Wake up tomorrow Charlie, have a sober day, kiss your wife, say hello to your coworkers and have some laughs without tripping. Kick start some days of abstinence except for maybe weed or your sub. I am sure most of us will be with you in not tripping and not taking disso's tomorrow. You did a good job outing yourself and now your BL friends are going to caringly give advice. Real friends are not afraid to help even if there are consequences. And in the future you will caringly help a brother or sister struggling. I happen to know you already do that. :) Cut yourself some slack and go easy on yourself. Everyone here had excellent advice for you. And hey we ALL struggle!

Last edited:
Is it possible these things might be related?

While just trying to do certain drugs less is a good policy if you know they're having a negative effect, in and of itself it's really just a way to avoid fucking yourself up too much in the short term while you look for a long term solution. There's usually a reason behind everything we do that precedes all reason and rationalisation for our behaviours, and most of us only have a limited reserve of willpower to allocate to simply trying not to do certain things that in actual fact we really do want to keep doing. It's possible to prop up this willpower with various psychological tricks of course, and I include developing other more classically positive habits to replace the negative ones in this category of psychological trickery. Some people manage to do this their entire lives without ever seeking any help, but almost everyone could benefit from some kind of outside help. I was going to say "would" benefit, but in actual fact that's not true, not everyone will benefit, unfortunately, but everyone could, so in my view that means it's usually worth a try, because you can't know until you try.

The required lessons can be learned in other ways of course, some people just chance upon some kind of calling or overriding motivation that really resonates with them on a deep enough level that it's easy to quit destructive behaviours, but such motivations usually aren't easy to discover intentionally, and the things that we think should motivate us to change in certain ways, such as our relationships, family, work, or just the possibility of feeling mentally OK more often - are usually not sufficient motivators to subvert the pre-rational mechanisms that underlie addictive behaviours. Thus the need to figure out a way to psychologically manipulate our own irrational human brains - and this is something therapy can help us to learn

This

I wish I knew Charlie. I used to have a psychedelic addiction too, maybe not quite as destructive (no dissos, not such high dosages), but like once I took DOC 7 days in a row, also did that with AMT. No judgment from me. Honestly, when you first came back here in modern times, you seemed to be doing really well, you were tripping weekly but totally under control, happy on bupe. The big turning point I noticed was when you got the 3-MeO-PCE, then 3-MeO-PCP, now 3-HO-PCP... it's those dissos, man. They twist people's thoughts and emotions and behaviors up really bad, while giving the illusion they're helping. I've seen it so much. And the aftereffects last for a little while so even if you don't have any now, I know you binged very recently. Dissos make you even more compulsive and reckless. I don't know if that's entirely the cause or not but I know I saw a rapid change from when you started getting them. Just something to think about. I think there's gotta be some underlying stuff you're self-medicating too, that if you could work on making that stuff better, you might eventually not feel so sad without drugs. ❤

I see what you're doing there and I understand you honestly believe that's what Charlie needs to hear. But only so much mortgage can be taken on truth and still be called love. Then it becomes DARE, and sounds hollow.

Instead of torpedoing an entire quadrant of mind modification, an entire Learian circuit of consciousness, possibly dismissing even the glue that keeps philosophical world heritage together if John Allegro is to be believed and all ancient texts converge towards the dissociative mushroom, let's instead see whether we can scale down.. uhm.. ambition here a bit yet keep a useful diagnosis. @Cosmic Charlie I was weary about your 3-HO-PCP acquisition, but I didn't express strong sentiments against because I could see the arguments in favour with a potential stabilizing mechanism theoretically conceivable. However, now suddenly a gram is gone. This was like taking a last chance after your last chance, and use didn't turn out to stabilize. That's a red flag, independent of substance.

No moral tone intended, not even a persuasive tone intended. I just want to call attention to the rational bare bones, and that a human heart is a heavy price to pay for a scientific experiment.

I agree with Chris that dissociatives aren’t necessarily to blame for Charlie’s situation. His drug problems are not limited to or caused by any specific drug or class of drugs.
From my lurking around here I’ve noticed his heavy use of psychedelics and other drugs long before he started taking 3 meo pce. But I don’t think it was his psychedelic abuse that caused him to abuse dissociatives (or stimulants or benzoes or opioids).
It’s not dissociatives that made him have to get on bupe, it’s not dissociatves that make him take ridiculous doses of psychedelics. His abuse of drugs is caused my something in his head rather than dissociatives.
I can understand not liking a drug but I don’t understand blaming it for someone’s problems.

If you want my advice Charlie, get off Bluelight bro, this place promotes and reinforces drug use. And if you are someone who is unable to regulate your own drug use than you likely shouldn’t be coming to places like this, where all that spoken about is drugs.
Start exercising, learn to garden, read a book. Find a new hobby that takes your mind off drugs. That’s what you really need.

@Cosmic Charlie This is where we whip out the meditation by the way. Just take all the pain to the void a set ten minutes or whatever you can afford a day and let the void deal with it. =D Turns out it's quite good at that, and does so in the absence of fireworks just as well. Cosmic sadness is a bit overly heavy perhaps when it's really about allowing some mental recallibration to the slower, but steadier rhythms of sobriety.

It's how I got off MXE.

I wholeheartedly agree with Delsyd above. When I made huge changes and completely turned my life around a few years back I quit Bluelight for the first year. Now I only come back a few times per year to remind myself how pathetic life used to be and just how far I've come. I don't think I have really ever seen someone make serious, lasting changes while continuing to come to this site daily. All the best everyone. See you in 6 months.

I took 750ug AL-LAD yesterday and I experienced the trip. The classic trip. Everything connecting, laughter out of tears, the absurd became so humorous. I watched a Clockwork Orange and I realized it’s the downright best film of all time. Like, it’s the whole package, I mean damn...

Idk, it’s hard for me to put yesterday into words. It was something else though. Most visuals I’ve had in years.

It was a lot shorter lived than acid. Or I got too distracted during the first few hours and lost track of time. I did dig around and find some Odansetron and a 10mg oxycodone to take things back down around 7-8 hours in. That turned it into complete physical bliss as I had taken 2mg clonazepam concurrently with the five strip.

Anyways, I’m sad now. I’m all out of AL-LAD and I just found out it’s a great way to peak beyond the veil without being too... intense? The same amount of LSD wouldn’t have been so forgiving that’s for sure.

That's awesome man, I'm glad you got such a great trip. :)

I've been iboga microdosing... it's working pretty well. I'm keeping a log. It's starting to get mostly unnoticeable except in certain ways. But it's helping a lot with withdrawal. I think I'm about to take a little 5-MeO-DiPT, like 5mg or something. Get a little trippy. :)

Seems like so much more people are into psychedelic these days. More and more people from my past who never came around to trying it are all now about dropping acid. I guess it took the media telling them it could help them than people in their life.

Most the populace sing what the tune the Media is telling them even though they use to say this stuff was bad. Guess its a good thing its becoming more accepted socially to do psychedelics always tried to tell everyone LSD was amazing and only few listened during the 2000's

Seems like so much more people are into psychedelic these days. More and more people from my past who never came around to trying it are all now about dropping acid.

I have a crowd of friends I hang with since the early 80's. Most play an instrument and we have gotten together to jam, have parties, all kinds of things for years. Some of us like to trip. The last party I went to in Dec one of my friends had some excellent acid. And at that party two of my friends wives who never even smoked weed took a little acid and smoked weed. I was astounded. An another friend who hadn't tripped in 30 years also doses recently at a party. Adding my wife into the mix too. She stopped drinking after years and started making cannabis oil and gets in a trip on 2CB every once in a while and is open to mushrooms. So that makes about 4 people I never thought would do anything.

I like it, the new interest by people that never had an interest. I just hope as it gains more popularity that it doesn't get as dippy, drippy, clicky and cliche as the cannabis legalization movement has become.

Last edited:
Kinda makes sense considering @crOOk likes 2C-B + O-PCE so much. Nitrous and O-PCE are somewhat similarly "clean" dissos, if that makes sense.

Though even 2C-B + DOC is more than the sum of the parts. I guess 2C-B just generally combines well, more so I'd say than the phen intended for combos (2C-D).
I enjoy it a lot more with 2C-E,but 2C-B worked. Just was more of a colorful ride than the potentially spiritual experience 2C-E+2-O-PCE provides.

I can't see this combo ever ceasing to be my goto combo, but the day may come. It's remained on that spot for roughly four years now I think.

this place promotes and reinforces drug use.
Hmmm, this is difficult to read. I really dislike the idea that this place is a promoter of drug use, specifically, I guess, harmful drug use, although I understand how it could be triggering, for sure.

When I made huge changes and completely turned my life around a few years back I quit Bluelight for the first year. Now I only come back a few times per year to remind myself how pathetic life used to be and just how far I've come. I don't think I have really ever seen someone make serious, lasting changes while continuing to come to this site daily.
Equally difficult to read, not sure there'd be any real accurate measure of the latter point - and there is a fairly unsubtle hidden implication here which I very much dislike, although I will choose to believe this was not intentional - and I get the overall sentiment.

I guess on the face of it it's not too surprising that a community of people largely bound by their interest in mind-altering substances would make using those substances seem like a pretty attractive idea. I'm not sure what the solution is right now but I'd like to believe Bluelight is, or can be, a promoter of other, non-drug-related positive lifestyle choices before it's a "promoter" of drug use, while still serving it's primary purpose as an effective and useful resource for informative, harm reduction oriented discussion about drugs. That said... let's be honest, most of us do think using drugs is an attractive idea. But, perhaps it needs to be more stressed that it's not usually a solution in and of itself.

I think part of the problem is difficulties in the medium, that is, the internet, in that people are more or less inclined to post during emotional "peaks" and troughs, and those peaks, largely, given the subject matter under discussion, are going to often be oriented around the good stuff related to using drugs, whereas, comparatively, people are going to be more likely just not to post at all in times of struggle. Additionally, we obviously don't get everything in between, seeing only that merest glimpse of people's lives that they choose to share, and not all the in-between, not great, not too bad, general tedium and day to day ups and downs that make up most people's lives... this isn't a problem unique to Bluelight obviously, but the social media phenomenon in general, that of an unintended bias towards the positive stuff in other people's lives... although it isn't massively amplified by algorithms aimed to optimise targeted advertising and monetisation on Bluelight, there probably is still an unintended bias factor from many of the members (myself included) who, perhaps justifiably so, feel a disinclination to focus on the "bad stuff" surrounding drug use to offset the undeniable "bad stuff bias" that has existed for so long in mainstream media. Again, I'm not sure what the solution is, but I'd like to think there is one.

It's a balancing act, for sure, because it's natural that people who believe drugs to be a net positive, either long term or just in this transient but eternal moment, it's only natural to be enthusiastic about this fact, and this isn't something that should be artificially suppressed or kept out of view. Additionally, I think even for those struggling and indulging in less-than-sustainable drug use, so to speak, it's important for their to be a place to talk openly about this usage without fear of judgement or being made to feel that this drug use is yet another thing to feel bad about. As ever, what came first, the chicken or the egg? But speaking for myself, in times where I've struggled with life, and have also used drugs, an unwelcome intrusive thought that I could have surely done without was that ever present externally imposed self-judgement about using drugs... how "pathetic" I was being, to allude to your post again, Beavesmx44.

I don't think it's a problem in and of itself that Bluelight is pro-drug - most of us believing (presumably) that substances have a lot of inherent value, both past, present, and future, to human culture and human civilisation - but if there is a perception or even a reality that Bluelight is a promoter or reinforcer of harmful drug use in some way - then that is something I think we have some responsibility to address. Not sure what, or where I'm going with this post now, so I guess I'll leave it there.

I'm going to be taking a break for a little while from posting as much to focus on getting sober the best I can well aside from Opioids and a few other chemicals. This past binge was pretty crazy and I ended up doing way more drugs than I intended to. Being completely sober isn't the road I will ever choose and full heartedly believe in the Harm Reduction approach as does my wife. Just placed some orders for drugs to use when my craving become intense. Will be taking FAA Phenibut 1-2 times per week for an alternative to Benzos. Considering they are my worst drug of abuse I really need something that works off Gaba receptors in some fashion. Have always loved the HCL but the acidity was causing me stomach issues so I abandoned the drug. From what I understand this version is leaps and bounds better in that regard.

Then I picked up some Tianeptine Free Acid to start taking run some trials on and depending upon how I feel I may use it in conjunction with the Red Vein Kratom I'm ordering as a way to start coming off Buprenorphine slowly. Going to try it recreationally at first once or twice in the 250mg this week. After my pound if Kratom gets here though I'm planning on taking 40-50mgs twice per day along with about 10 grams of Kratom each day. Eventually I would like to be off Buprenorphine entirely for the most part and start stockpiling pills again and just use it for the week preceding my urine test at the doctor when I get my script.

Then I ordered some Adrafinil as well to use for work on the days I dont get enough sleep. Been having alot of issues with that lately and I assume it's just gonna get worse as I begin to scale back on my drug us. This should be a good stimulant for me because it doesn't sound recreational in the slightest. I work long 10 hour shifts at my new job and this should help me to push myself a little further without the compulsion to redose Amphetamines give me. Will only be using this one as needed though.

Then I picked up a bottle of L-Theanine/Caffeine capsules to be using in a more consistent manner. Sometimes my stomach is bothering me or I'm in a rush and I just dont have the time to make coffee/tea. Also decided to give Noopept a whirl and see how that helps with my anxiety and general cognitive function. Never took any Nootropics before and by what I read this one sounds pretty effective. Have two other supplements for my blood pressure coming one containing Tumeric Curcumin with Black Pepper and the other Hawthorn, Hibiscus, Vitamin C, Niacin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Garlic Powder, Juniper Berry Powder and Green Tea Leaf. Trying to see if these will effectively manage it naturally without having to take the pharmaceutical options they are giving me. The last two BP medicines they had me on turned out being recalled for causing cancer eventually...yeah.

Have off the next couple of days so I will be just reading up on some more supplements to buy in the coming months. Will need to buy something containing Omega 3's as I dont eat fish and I'm surely not getting enough. Will be getting some Milk Thistle to help combat any strain which is being put upon my liver. Going to be getting straight up pure L-Theanine to take a second dose of 200mgs later on in the day to help with anxiety and sleep. So as you can see I'm moving towards making some healthy lifestyle changes in the coming year. Have also been eating vegetables every single day in large amounts. The new place I'm at sells Poke Bowls, Acai Bowls, Salads, Soups and an assortment of other healthy organic options and I eat there twice a day. My first meal will be either Tofu or Chicken over Kale and Mixed Greens topped with fresh veggies and fruits. And for dinner I go half/half Kale over Brown Rice using the other protein I didnt have for lunch.

After 30 days I will reward myself with a psychedelic trip but right now it's time to focus on my physical and mental health. I need to be the best husband I can and to make that happen I have to get my body into the best shape it's been. If I don't post much for awhile it isnt a cause for concern. But I'm kinda picking up the vibe it's what I should be doing. So take care everyone, for those of you that want to get ahold of me you should already have my email if not, till next time. Kinda regret sharing about myself on here now to the extent I have because I believe it gives people the wrong impression of who I am as a whole much like Vastness just stated. And I'm not going to lie reading on here that I shouldn't come to Bluelight anymore kinda hurt my feelings. I can understand that you meant that out of love Delsyd but how that random dude just jumped on your bandwagon that I have never even talked to before made me realize I've spoken about myself entirely too much.

Sounds good man. I've been walking around with a knot in my stomach about this for a while, I was disappointed in the way I approached all this both on here and privately. On top of me just being worried of course.
Btw, impressions are fleeting and I still know you like the Charlie from when I just got here. Also, I too felt offended by that one guy lol, calling us pathetic... the balls, the balls on that guy! =D

The underlying points I'm trying to make in this short but sincere post are that I'm sorry, that I hope we're good and that I hope it all works out the way you want it to. ❤

Yeah just take care of yourself Charlie <3 Life comes first.

I took a break from here in 2018 and it wasn't exactly great but I led a much healthier life (other factors at play tho). I don't think Delsyd means anything negative in his advice, just that when you're trying to quit using something, it's always a good idea to remove yourself from its presence/discussion of it.

I wish you and Mrs. Charlie all the best and hope to hear from you again in the future.

Glad to hear it Charlie, good luck bro, believe it you❤

Good for you @Cosmic Charlie, sounds like a great plan you have there. Speaking for myself I've been on/off cycling phenibut (recently FAA also), modafinil, and tianeptine for years and on the whole I can't say it's done me too much harm, I also find them all to be somewhat self-limiting in that higher doses and too-frequent dosing quickly starts to become unpleasant. So sounds like you have a good selection there. Noopept and the racetam family on the whole are also solid and fairly benign mainstays for someone who likes to use some kind of drug almost every day (again, speaking about myself right now). I also very much like your idea of rewarding yourself after 30 days with a psychedelic, this is exactly the kind of organised tripping I always try to implement myself but never quite manage. I would really not worry about speaking about yourself too much, this makes me think I should have condemned more strongly that post we're all now mentioning with the word "pathetic", because this is the exact problem I alluded to that throwing words like that around creates, that people will feel less comfortable being honest about both the good and the bad, and of course there is plenty of both in all our lives, drug related or not - and honest expression of the darkness only serves to make this place more genuine, and in that sense although none of us would wish any of that darkness on any other (hopefully), honest expression of it can only ever be a good thing.

Any lurkers who might be reading this thread who are finding themselves disconcerted by the recent posts - no matter your frequency of drug use, Bluelight visits, or your own perception of your handling of substances in your life - you are not pathetic, and neither is your life. I will go on about this for ages if I let myself so I guess I'll leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.