• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's true, it's a plague. I almost succumbed, I'm still amazed I entirely got away from them 5 years ago. I have iboga - and morninggloryseed - to thank for that. I went back to sleep for an hour this morning and had a dream that I was chipping opiates again and had withdrawals and was trying to figure out how to get away from them again, it was awful. I woke up thinking it was real.

2006-2007 was a real high around here... Charlie you might remember, you're one of the only ones still around from that long ago. This place was full of innocence and exuberance and swirly heads, and then after that, it seems like we slowly all succumbed to opiates and/or benzos. I don't know if it's because by nature psychonauts are experimental and seekers of blissful states, and when we find opiates they're really good for providing a soft padding around the sharp edges we have sometimes encountered a few too many times... but I try to dissuade anyone I can from trying them and hopefully stop even one person from going down that road because far too many people never come back from it.

Everything that you are saying is on point. After heavy abuse of the 2c-X series i began to develop a mild case of HPPD. This is also around the time that Phenazepam hit the scene in a huge way. I ended up spending a year on the stuff, its like i lost a chunk of my life. I was dealing with alot of anxiety. After tripping on 2c-E a solid 30 times one year, plus a plethora of other novel compounds it brought me close to the pinnacle of existence.

Opiates close you off from the world.
Some people wanna hide sometimes :(

Yeah no doubt. I still do it, with alcohol. Had a GHB abuse period recently. I am dependent on phenibut because of it. Abused stimulants the past couple of years at times. But getting better on all of those. Opiates fucked my life worse than anything else by far. Of course I was also masking some deep pain at the time from the relationship/marriage I was in.

I enjoy opiates but haven't "fell for them" really, they lack the magic I savor that is... dissociatives

ofc I am scared of them too. opiates took my parents so there's that

Sorry. <3 My recommendaiton is to just never try them again, xammy. Don't tempt fate because I didn't see the magic in them years ago, until I did.

Yeah probably wise to not touch them at all. I took tramadol a few times early last year and before that I've taken oxycodone like 5-10 times in my life.

Trying heroin was the biggest mistake of my life.

It drastically altered my lifestyle, and took so much.

I am finally starting to feel more like myself and optimistic after the 3meopcp psychosis. Soon it's been 2 years since my psych ward visit

That's awesome, man. :) I'm glad you're recovering. I remember that, I was really worried about you.

I have a lot of repetitive, tedious tasks to do at work right now, guys. Good thing I have distractions to make little breaks in it, like Bluelight. And gonna go play the piano.

Scary testimony regarding opiates. Yeah, I've noticed quite I few bluelighters have fought that demon.

And gonna go play the piano.
I'm always jealous you get to work at home, lol.

I work at a lab, and sometimes between experiments there's a lot of waiting to do. I should be doing productive things on those breaks, like reading papers and organizing results but sometimes the breaks are not long enough for me to actually concentrate and use it productively. I guess I'm not good enough at switching tasks so quickly haha. But getting to play the guitar while I'm waiting for 20 minutes for something to get done would be nice. Instead I get on my laptop and get distracted with bluelight :)

Right now I'm actually working at writing papers and doing mostly computer work. I get distracted more often than I would like to :p

I get distracted with Bluelight a lot too, but I always have other options. :) Sometimes I do chores around the house too. I could be a lot more productive, like work on some side thing to make more money, or play more, or even work on more side projects and developing new solutions at work. But I do enough extra work already to be the lead person in my position, and I like the lack of stress. Plus Bluelight is a job for me, even though it's volunteer. I'm tagging all the trip reports ever submitted, it's a big time sink, but it is productive because it makes the database a lot more useful and usable.

It seems like it would be really fun to work in a lab. :)

It's so sad to hear about MGS. I didn't know him but I'm very familiar with his posts on Bluelight and I've read a lot of his trip reports on Erowid. It feels like all the old members of Bluelight are dying off. Reading through the old B&D threads so many of the interesting posts are by MGS, psood0nym, Jamshyd, Coolio, etc. :(

Yeah it's the worst part about this place. Lots of deaths. It makes you realize something about the mortality rate of drug users. Some died of accidents or whatever too, but it's usually drugs.

^Yeah, it's kind of scary.

It seems like it would be really fun to work in a lab. :)

It is ! I'm doing mostly what I love. But like everything, it has its downsides too. In the case of research, it is extremely demanding and wage isn't the best. But is a trade-off I'm ok with.

So sad to hear about MGS. :(

I'll chime in like others: I wish I'd never tried opioids. If I'd known what those first oxycontin pills would eventually lead to I would have never accepted them in exchange for the cannabis I letting go at the time. They made my teeth stop hurting and allowed me to live pain free. Didn't even realize I was messing with something on par with heroin until many years into my use. Didn't discover the nod until a year or so into my use of pills but once I did it was all I cared about. An entire decade flew by in the blink of an eye. No idea how I'm still alive or why I'm not in the ground when so many friends lost their life to them. I've lost count of the number of folks I've partied with on Friday and lost on Sunday. Everyone shows up to the service then goes home to do opioids to deal with the pain. It's fucked up.

Very sad to learn about MGS's passing. Whenever I saw his name or avatar I'd always take the time to read what he had to say. His "Pain of The World" report is one I often went back to.

Reading about the stories some of you guys posted about opiate addiction, definitely had some part in that I didn't try opium when I had the opportunity some years ago. Definitely for the better I think, so thank you guys!

I picked up some more of this amazing Moroccan hash that I have been smoking that can't possibly have been legal at any point between the farmer and me, yet it came with a label that said "For medical use only". Haha crazy times we live in.

Gotta love Hash

My dude has it when i go there, kief hash.
Tastes delicious, i mix it with flower.

This weekend is my favorite festival. I was going with my partner and two friends, was really looking forward to it. It's a pretty swirly festival, mostly psychedelic rock and jazz fusion bands, many of my favorite local artists are attending. But during this week, all the people I was going with had different problems and had to drop out of it.

No I dont know what to do ! I don't know if I want to go alone. On the other hand, it is probably my favorite event of the year, and I really want to go. But not sure if alone. I have been on one day festivals alone before, but this lasts the whole weekend. I'm not sure how it would play out. Still trying to make my mind about it, but there's only two days left for me to decide &#55358;&#56596;

Oh man that sucks! I also would feel weird going to a music festival by myself. Thing is, every time I go to a festival I end up meeting and hanging out with lots of people. So I'm sure you'd have a good time. I don't know how it is in your area or how many festivals you go to, but in my area I have started to get to know/recognize a lot of people that go to them so I always see dozens of people I've hung out with before.

Status
Not open for further replies.