• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Playing lots of eso, specifically cyrodiil

That is about it because it has been so awesome i have stuck with it getting lots of ap and about to level up again

so the 3000 cards are coming out, i had this 2080 for a couple years now... looking forward to seeing benchmarks.

I'm not... 🤣 I'm happy to have a 2080! It was nice having something relatively 'top notch' for a while for once. Based on what I've seen so far the 3000 series will blow my shit out the water. It is what it is though. Things age. :\

As for myself I'm still playing MTG Arena. I decided to take a break from my normal of drafting & messed around at the end of last season with BO1 standard & hit Mythic for the first time. That was cool & all but I didn't know if it was really that big of an accomplishment hitting Mythic like that as I figured maybe I just had good luck in BO1 so I decided I would try to learn BO3 & participate in a contest on a website that does a first 10 people to Mythic thing. I can hardly believe it but I pulled it off on my first try! I was one of the first 10 to Mythic in the competition! It wasn't first to Mythic vs everyone as it was a site based but still some decent players participated in the sites contest (Jason Fleurant for example). Either way it feels great to have my name on the first 10 list with 'pro' type players! I'm super proud I managed to do so well on my first try! 😀

Speaking of doing so well the result of my race to Mythic put me in the top 50 overall! I haven't decided if I'll keep going at it for a higher rank or wait & see how the rank holds for the season. One thing I know for sure though is that I'm definitely going to stay ranked so I qualify for the monthly Mythic tourney qualifiers. =D

Last edited:
so the 3000 cards are coming out, i had this 2080 for a couple years now... looking forward to seeing benchmarks.

Bro I'm so shitty as I just dumped full price for a RTX 2080 Ti and waterblocked it and now this bs. I swear I never have good luck with GPUs. When I bought my last GPU the old maxwell Titan X it wasn't even a year later that they announced the 1000 series with the 1080.

Bro I'm so shitty as I just dumped full price for a RTX 2080 Ti and waterblocked it and now this bs. I swear I never have good luck with GPUs. When I bought my last GPU the old maxwell Titan X it wasn't even a year later that they announced the 1000 series with the 1080.

No doubt! I was happy I got at least a decent amount of time out of my 2080 being relatively top notch. Top notch enough for me anyway. ;) It's been a very long time since I had a decent machine prior so I was stoked to have something decent. Mine isn't water blocked but probably should be. My comp tends to run hot. I'm guessing it's mainly due to motherboard positioning my Samsung 970 Pro's tend to run quite hot as the hotter one is tucked between the GPU & CPU. Though TBH I've never really been able to find anywhere what is considered "acceptable" temperatures for them. :\

I'd be uber salty in your circumstances to though. That sucks! (n)

No doubt! I was happy I got at least a decent amount of time out of my 2080 being relatively top notch. Top notch enough for me anyway. ;) It's been a very long time since I had a decent machine prior so I was stoked to have something decent. Mine isn't water blocked but probably should be. My comp tends to run hot. I'm guessing it's mainly due to motherboard positioning my Samsung 970 Pro's tend to run quite hot as the hotter one is tucked between the GPU & CPU. Though TBH I've never really been able to find anywhere what is considered "acceptable" temperatures for them. :\

I'd be uber salty in your circumstances to though. That sucks! (n)

I didn't know SSDs produced that much heat. I have an 850 EVO in my old computer that I never really noticed any temps issues with, but new computer I went with M2 SSD to see if there was any noticeable difference.

Waterblocking the 2080 makes a big difference in noise too. First time I went with an all liquid cooled system and all I hear now is the occasional radiator fans going up and down in RPMs. No more jet engine under heavy loads.

Yeah I run a watercooled 2080ti and it makes a world of difference in keeping it cooled under heavy loads. From what I can see the 3000 series are going to benefit from it as much or more so I'm definitely waiting until all that sorts out regarding availability before even considering one.

I actually heat one room in my place during the winter just running that card and the 3090 pulls a lot more power to dissipate.