• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Paregoric

Rengra

Greenlighter
I found an old prescription of mine from when I was a kid (1999) labeled paregoric 2mg/5ml with instructions to take as needed for severe abdominal cramping. I’ve found so much conflicting information online about this medication. Anyone here with personal experience on taking paregoric?

Used to be able to sign over the counter for peregoric 10 mg opium per tbl spoon in the 80's

Only drawback ?
when the dea started threatening pharmacists

My mom took paregoric when she had pancrearic cancer. She passed in 1981 and there was ample paregoric left over. When my sister and I found out it was an opium derative, it was game over. My first time of many with an opiate.

My mom took paregoric when she had pancrearic cancer. She passed in 1981 and there was ample paregoric left over. When my sister and I found out it was an opium derative, it was game over. My first time of many with an opiate.
I tried a little bit of it and it really didn’t have the effects on me that opiates typically do. Instead if a burst of energy, it made me drowsy.

I find that morphine centric opiates like codeine and such are a huge let down for me. Things like oxycodone and hydrocodone are way better ime

Yea it gave me a warm flush feeling. But I was a opiate virgin then 😏 It was awesome.

Wow, I remember my dad saying how he could buy it over-the-counter back in the early 1960's!

I've never had the pleasure of trying it, but he seemed to be quite fond of it.