• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Paramol CWE

Has anyone used laboratory filters for difficult CWE's?

Google is your friend...I'm going to order some, see if they do the business.

No it is not. How do you know that water can penetrate each microscopic grain of paracetamol to dissolve the codeine trapped inside? The answer is that it doesn't. The only way to make sure you extract all the codeine is to dissolve everything in hot water.

Because the brand of tablets I most commonly use dissolve so easily you could spit on them and do a CWE that way.

If the brand doesn't dissolve so well, then I just crush them rather then use hot water and wait for it to cool. Throw them in a coffee grinder, give them a whirl then dissolve in cold water.

Also, codeine is extremely soluble even at very low temperatures, so I am not concerned about it dissolving.

Congratulations on your temp ban. ;)

Has anyone used laboratory filters for difficult CWE's?

Google is your friend...I'm going to order some, see if they do the business.

I've never used lab filters myself, but I've read posts by people who claim they work well (though extremely slowly). The problem with all filters really is how clogged up they get. I go through 3-4 coffee filters per cup (I do 2 cups at a time in an extraction), as soon as one slows down, I tip what's left into a new filter. If you do this with lab filters it's gonna be expensive, if you don't it's gonna be fucking slow. This may or may not be an issue for you? In terms of efficiency at removing APAP they are supposedly the best option. Probably worth a try if you're having trouble with other filters.

I actually do heat the water before doing a CWE, but it's more to do with the Mpemba effect than with dissolving the tablets...

I've CWE'd paramol many times, and have often worried about the cloudiness of the solution. I've noticed that if I let it filter long and slow, using only 1 or2 containers and filters, and giving it hours to filter all the way through, rather than doing multiple small quantities to speed things up, the solution tends to be much clearer and more 'watery.'

But even when the solution's been milky-white, there's been a ton of APAP left in the filter. Results have been so variable, though that I do wonder if they've changed the formula. Basically, if you have any other source of opiates, cwe's are best avoided: advice I've ignored myself, more often than not, but have since learned that the most common uk coffee filters - Melitta brand - are said to be full of large holes. Don't get me wrong, I love DHC (prefer it to morph), but the high that can be had from cwe'ing paramol, even with promethazine to help it along, just isn't worth the risk of liver damage, for only 7.5mgs dhc per tablet.

It takes perseverance to find alternatives other than pods, H, or tramadol, all of which have maor drawbacks - but there are other forms of codeine/dhc available in the UK, if you're prepared to look. When they can be found, 30mg df118s are cheap, - actually more expensive, mg for mg, than paramol, but don't tkae hours of prep or run the risk of liver damage.

^^^Thank You^^^ I'm just astonished that hardly anybody mentions that Dihydrocodeine/paracetamol aren't safe for cwe.