• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Paralysed by fear on shrooms + LSD? Unable to move?

princess2009

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this site so hopefully I don't do anything wrong whilst posting this. =D

I have a quick question concerning my general experience with psychedelics - specifically LSD/shrooms. (I've taken shrooms once and LSD countless times).

Every time I take LSD I get absolutely terrified for most of the peak.. It sort of 'ruins' the whole point of the trip I'm unable to move and unable to speak to anyone around me. My close friends have wanted to go outdoors with me on LSD trips before and I have been too afraid to do so, even though I felt completely comfortable with them and in the environment.

Once, I took LSD outside with my friend. We came up & were peaking out there but I was totally scared of everything and all I wanted to do was lay on the trampoline and let the trip take me over, instead of exploring, even though I know she wanted to. I was terrified of exploring and leaving the safehaven of the trampoline. When I felt a little more relaxed I managed to walk with her back inside. I always feel like I ruin my friends trips. :(

The one time that I took shrooms was essentially the same. I was in a completely comfortable/safe environment with my partner & my best friend but all I could do was play Wii U for like 4 hours.. I was even scared of just leaving the living room.

I can't quite identify what I'm so afraid of - because I know trips would be amazing outside if I could let loose. I think it has something to do with a fear of doing something stupid and hurting myself, or getting 'caught' by people outside? I know both of these are irrational. I'm just totally unable to relax :( Even when we're all inside and nobody is suggesting to go out, I constantly think about how scared I am of them suggesting to go outside. I also can hardly speak during LSD trips. It's really difficult for me whilst I'm tripping balls but I'm not sure if this is just a normal thing. It was the same on shrooms.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or knows a way to relax myself whilst tripping so I can enjoy nature/outdoors? I definitely think a tripsitter might help as I might feel more safe knowing someone sober is making safe decisions for me.

Any thoughts :?

Practice makes perfect.

There is no way that you can purposefully relax. There is absolutely no "off" button for anxiety (except some drugs, but you don't want those). Once you accept the fact that you have no control over your fear, it will naturally begin to dissipate, like a plume of smoke.

I admire your persistence. Most people would give up on psychedelics after a couple unpleasant trips.

It sounds like the LSD is amplifying your anxiety. As known with any psychedelic whatever your thoughts and feelings are will be multiplied by many many times. Anxiety is one of the worst feelings to experience imo. I suffer from anxiety and it really can trick your mind and body into believing symptoms and problems and what-if scenarios that aren't actually there or will never happen. If it helps try using a small dose of Diphenhydramine. Benzo's can actually kill a psychedelic trip so that is why I use that small 50-75mg dose of benadryl. It acts as a benzo(for me) without being a benzo and ruining the experience. It can effectively calm my anxiety before tripping and allows me to enjoy it much more without as much worry. Music can make all the difference in the world as well for psychedelics. Music can take your mind to such deep places, feelings, and thoughts but this can be a double edged sword depending what song it is. I find Satya Sai Baba nag champa incense helps sooth my senses as well. But... my advice would be while you're tripping to think about why you feel this fear and what is causing it and until you find out why it may keep happening. One thing about acid is it can bring back thoughts and memories from long long long ago buried deep into your subconsciousness that you never would have given a 2nd thought about.

while really stoned, everything keeps ringing long after it has originally occurred, as if it is starting again.

If I am lucky enough to remember that this is what I might expect to happen,
then I can begin to ride the crest of being high, which is like surfing in the curl of the moment, and letting the waves continue on their own.

I just expect all sensations and thoughts to last longer, mingling while fading,
so I can move more comfortably into the moment and enjoy the euphoria of time rolling by and through me.

There are 2 issues you need to address - dose and substance. On dose, some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics in general, for example LSD, than others. By much lower I mean everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs and having a great time, and you can only handle 1/4 tab. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Rule #1: Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose, even those you know well. Only you can establish your own tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with a quarter tab, and if that goes well, next time try a half. You need to follow this procedure with every single batch of every single substance. Remember, 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 tab of something else. Mind we're not even talking different drug here, it might even be a different batch from the same source, that just happens to be much more potent than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually with every substance/batch.

Now to substance. There are some amazing RCs out there these days, and the one(s) you choose will make all the difference. There are two that people are saying such great things about, I just want to share those with you. First of all, 4-HO-MET (5mg is the place to start), and ALD-52 (1/4 blotter, around 30 mics will do it). There is a lot of information on Bluelight about these. Something else to bear in mind: Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so if you're prone to be fearful, better to steer clear of those.

Finally, on set and setting. People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke when your tripping. Last but not least, take it from me, tripping in public is not a good idea.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited:
There are 2 issues you need to address - dose and substance. On dose, some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics in general, for example LSD, than others. By much lower I mean everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs and having a great time, and you can only handle 1/4 tab. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Rule #1: Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose, even those you know well. Only you can establish your own tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with a quarter tab, and if that goes well, next time try a half. You need to follow this procedure with every single batch of every single substance. Remember, 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 tab of something else. Mind we're not even talking different drug here, it might even be a different batch from the same source, that just happens to be much more potent than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually with every substance/batch.

Now to substance. There are some amazing RCs out there these days, and the one(s) you choose will make all the difference. There are two that people are saying such great things about, I just want to share those with you. First of all, 4-HO-MET (5mg is the place to start), and ALD-52 (1/4 blotter, around 30 mics will do it). There is a lot of information on Bluelight about these. Something else to bear in mind: Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so if you're prone to be fearful, better to steer clear of those.

Finally, on set and setting. People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke when your tripping. Last but not least, take it from me, tripping in public is not a good idea.

flammarion-c1.jpg
[/QUOTE

Just wanted to +1 this post great advice

For me I used to be afraid going out tripping until I did it, then I met a few people who lets for the sake of argument say have issues with drug users. A bit of a panicked conversation later, (moth talking normally brain going like the clappers), I realised if not too out of it it is easy to pass yourself with others.

Is there an outside space that feels safe for you? It might be helpful if done in the garden of someone's house that is in a remote area if you can access that.

I find when I am coming up on psychedelics particularly the lysergides I get anxious. I've found following a Yoga clip on youtube helps distract me until I am there. Also the likes of 4-HO-MET can be a much gentler drug on the mind and system, might be worth looking that direction.

And finally if you have any anxiety issues on a substance it is definitely not a good idea to smoke cannabis when tripping - it can amplify things way too much.

Good luck and safe tripping.

This is so helpful, thank you for all of this advice!! I definitely need to rethink dose. I don't really know why I didn't think of that before but since everyone around does 2-3, I never questioned it.
Substance could also be the ticket to better trips for me. I'll be looking into those RC's tonight and am very optimistic about my future with psychedelics. Hopefully much better experiences to come. Thank you! :)

It sounds like the LSD is amplifying your anxiety. As known with any psychedelic whatever your thoughts and feelings are will be multiplied by many many times. Anxiety is one of the worst feelings to experience imo. I suffer from anxiety and it really can trick your mind and body into believing symptoms and problems and what-if scenarios that aren't actually there or will never happen. If it helps try using a small dose of Diphenhydramine. Benzo's can actually kill a psychedelic trip so that is why I use that small 50-75mg dose of benadryl. It acts as a benzo(for me) without being a benzo and ruining the experience. It can effectively calm my anxiety before tripping and allows me to enjoy it much more without as much worry. Music can make all the difference in the world as well for psychedelics. Music can take your mind to such deep places, feelings, and thoughts but this can be a double edged sword depending what song it is. I find Satya Sai Baba nag champa incense helps sooth my senses as well. But... my advice would be while you're tripping to think about why you feel this fear and what is causing it and until you find out why it may keep happening. One thing about acid is it can bring back thoughts and memories from long long long ago buried deep into your subconsciousness that you never would have given a 2nd thought about.

Now that you put it like that I don't know how I didn't guess it was my anxiety earlier, to be honest. It seems obvious now especially with how LSD amplifies your thoughts/feelings like you said. The small dose of benadryl is an amazing idea - I wouldn't have thought of that before benzos.. I'm going to take that low dose on a normal day and see how it makes me feel, then hopefully I'll feel more confident the next time I trip. Being calm throughout a trip sounds like bliss. Thank you for this great advice + the music/incense recommendations! I'm already a lot more optimistic for next time.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I'm going to go back and rethink all of the aspects of my trip, which I have no doubt will result in it's improvement now. Now that you mention it, dosing could for sure be a problem as my friends are chill with 2-3 tabs and I have never questioned why the tabs seem to affect me so differently. I guess it's just always been a 'thing' for us to all take the same amount of everything. Seems sort of dumb now though, considering everyones varying tolerance levels.. Anyways, thank you for that information/advice and thank you for the RC recommendations as well. LSD is such a powerful substance - one which I respect completely - but I think trying something different may really benefit me in terms of my psychedelic experience :) I also have never smoked on LSD and never imagined it to be a good idea considering how bad my paranoia is after I get high! Thank you again.

Just wanted to +1 this post great advice

For me I used to be afraid going out tripping until I did it, then I met a few people who lets for the sake of argument say have issues with drug users. A bit of a panicked conversation later, (moth talking normally brain going like the clappers), I realised if not too out of it it is easy to pass yourself with others.

Is there an outside space that feels safe for you? It might be helpful if done in the garden of someone's house that is in a remote area if you can access that.

I find when I am coming up on psychedelics particularly the lysergides I get anxious. I've found following a Yoga clip on youtube helps distract me until I am there. Also the likes of 4-HO-MET can be a much gentler drug on the mind and system, might be worth looking that direction.

And finally if you have any anxiety issues on a substance it is definitely not a good idea to smoke cannabis when tripping - it can amplify things way too much.

Good luck and safe tripping.

You give me hope that one day I'll be able to go outdoors too! That must have been terrifying to have people approaching you whilst on it but that must be so reassuring to know you can handle it/have handled it. All I need is a good experience to give me some confidence.
I definitely do have a pretty big garden which would be perfect for tripping I just can't believe I've never been able to properly use it for that purpose! Thank you for all the advice - I'm particularly looking forward to seeing if some of those yoga videos work on the comeup, because I get super anxious during that as well. Thank you :)

On a trip that resulted in an intense mind boggling ego death experience- which is a way of explaining an ego death experience that does not quite fit, for those who have been there but for communications sake. With this experience which rocketed passed this particular part pretty quickly but it was a part of the trip..I lost all control of mind and body. It was really in the hands of the lsd or some other unknown if you will...but this was one of the first things to go on, that was more intense than my previous trips. It may have been that you just got there, which may or may not be a threshold of this sort of experience. Definitely be careful, if you haven't experienced ego death before, it will change a person to say the least.