• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Paliperidone(antipsychotics) affecting meth high or is it just bad meth

DislikeSobriety

Bluelighter
It's been about 8 years since my friend smoked meth, she has recently restarted and had a few sessions from different suppliers. She is currently on 350mg paliperidone every 3 months.

She previously smokes 0.5g everyday for about 4 days each time subsequently resting for maybe 3 days before repeating the cycle for months, she recalls enjoying smoking meth to a large extent, which effects were being horny and enjoys masturbating for hours, caused her to be sensitive to light that it reflects off random tiny stuffs onsurfaces where she would then think its meth due to appearance and start gathering these pieces though she usually uses logic at the end and throws away all the bullshit, or she would keep burning a relatively empty pipe continuously switching angles only to return back to the same spot and repeat after some time thinking that there's meth which are actually mild stains or light reflections, pretty focused and was feeling good can't remember how supposedly euphoric it had been, and she do gets slightly paranoid after 3 days without sleep often thinking that her parents knows she's smoking and may walk into the room anytime to check, also occasionally seeing flashes of shadows in her peripherals. Where she then crashes for perhaps 18 hours straight, often having nightmares, wakes up to eat and falls back asleep. She suffered depression resulting in tears at the end of her last few sessions which made her finally quit then.

However, recent batches of meth despite being from different suppliers, I get a head rush after about 0.3g of smoking swiftly and high or stimulated feeling becomes stagnant for an hour maybe regardless of how much more she smokes, it doesn't gets her to be sociable or horny and merely gets her tweaking all day mainly googling random stuffs to read up on, wrote an essay on one occasion, has no appetite and feels full but can eat easily when she wanted to, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweats a little more than usual resulting in a sticky body after hours, but there's seems to be no euphoria though she do wanna keep googling stuffs logically, it would be because she enjoys it and thus there should be euphoria. But she feels more chill and calm instead of a fluttering heart and anxiety. And music sounds better. She also finds it difficult to switch between activities, like when going to fetch water or food or a bath she would set a time to do so but end up postponing for 15 minutes and another 15 minutes multiple times before finally doing it not sure if it means she's focused. Though she had smoked 0.5g to 1g each session for about 7 times in a month her comedowns had no signs of depression, in fact she feels contented during all the few days of abstinence having reunited with meth and that she would just sleep 8 hours each night with multiple naps during the day after each session lasting a few days.

We understand that antipsychotics can greatly reduce the euphoric high of meth and whatnot. But its been so long since she last smoke good meth and getting from these new random suppliers doesn't build confidence of quality she's dumbfounded as to what she's experiencing as compared to what she remembered. She wonders if her experience while on recent batches is due to meth, is it some fakes, or just heavily adulterated meth or unfortunately due to the antipsychotics intervention.

Please share your thoughts on these! Was the lack of horniness due to antipsychotics sexual dysfunction, change of usual meth activities when tweaking due to 8 years of personal growth, no signs of depression, nightmares, paranoia and shadow men as she's not abusing meth/sleep deprived of a substantial amount yet? And that I should just accept that the recent batches wasn't the problem, I will simply never get euphoric from meth while on antipsychotics kind of forgotten how it feels like to be honest

Last edited:
In the last 18 months I have used IV and smoked meth fairly continuously while taking no anti-psychotics, while taking Abilify, and while taking Seroquel. Most of the time the meth would be B+ to A+ in quality. The experience was quite different each time depending on how medicated I was.

On Abilify I had no euphoria but I did get a lot of wakefulness and horniness. However I absolutely ploghed through a gram in no time at all. Easily in 24 hours. Abilify has a very long half life so just one tablet would be limiting the high even 3 days later.

Seroquel seemed to basically switch meth off entirely. I felt no euphoria, was frequently tired, and not horny at all. However because it is short acting I could still have a good experience 24 hours after last dose of seroquel. But it still called for higher than doses.

Compeltely free of anti-psychotics the same product gave me extreme wakefulness, super horniness, and not really euphoria but a strong feeling of happiness and joy for 12 hours on about 2 points.

Basically if you want to meth you need to totally off anti-psychotics to get the full experience and value for money. However, they remain very useful on the other side to help with comedown and withdrawal.