• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain medication talk for outpatient surgery.

Gasplooge

Greenlighter
Had outpatient surgery that I was prescribed Percocet 5mg every 4 hours and I find it really causes my heart to beat faster and I've felt irritable like it increases my energy. Called the surgeon and she couldn't see any reason why the Percocet would be causing increased blood pressure as well as heart rate. Am I crazy? Is there any other type of pain pill I could ask to be on that doesn't do this? It does work for the pain so is this the Percocet or just opioids in general? Suggestions?

Some people find oxycodone or percocet to be more energizing and less sedating. The increased heart-rate could be a side effect in some people as well? I am not a doctor or medical professional though. I would talk to the surgeon or doctor and tell them how you want a different medication if the side-effects both you. Be extremely careful with opiates, some people wind up getting addicted to them.

have yo taken many/any opiates before? i would suggest switching to morphine if its just oxy that makes you feel uncomfortable like this, especially if its opioids that make you feel bad - opiates might work better for you