• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyNEO, those pesky little f?ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-like-pills

Greenlighter
So... I don?t know if this qualifies as harm reducing. But I guess in theory it can. I am a Suboxone user for the past two years approx, for the obvious reason of opiate addiction. Before all that, I was getting percs. Then one day I show up where I was buying and the guy says ?I have an oxy 80 if u want.? He charged me less than half of 16 percs (which equal 80mg of oxycodone) so of course I bought it. I was not impressed. It was one of those OxyNEO, so it dissolved within me at a brutally low rate. Much less rush than taking 16 percs at once (note: don?t take that many percs. I was taking WAY TOO MANY at the height of my addiction). When I finally came clean with my doctor and wanted help getting clean he was way more concerned about the amount of acetaminophen I?d been taking. He did blood work, miraculously my liver was fine. He actually ordered a re-blood-work because he thought it had to be wrong. But anyways, getting off topic...

So anyways, I got a few OxyNEO 60?s recently. Decided to stop the Suboxone for 3-4 days then use them. Again the same disappointing ?way too slow? of a feeling. Then I got the idea to break the pills. I know you can?t melt them for IV or anything like that, I just wanted to increase their surface area, allowing them to dissolve faster. And wow, what a difference it made. I took a large butcher knife, cut a pill in half, then just kept cutting it smaller and smaller till I had like 20 little pieces from one pill. Scooped it up on a spoon, swallowed with water, and within 20 mins I could seriously start to feel them.

I guess this could be harm reduction if someone did this with one pill rather than take 3-4 pills without demolishing them first. Anyone else ever thought to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.