• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxymorphone vs Oxycodone?

scottyboy

Greenlighter
I just got prescribed Opana ER, after 7 yrs on 30mg Oxy's IR, then 1 yr clean, then 1 yr on the Fentanyl transdermal patch 75mcg.

With that said, the doc started me off on 2 - 15mg's of Opana ER, and i can barely feel it. Not nearly enough to handle my pain or lift me up at all.

My question is how much Opana would equal the 75mcg patch and 6 tramadol per day?

Also, I have noticed everyone saying the Opana was stronger and made them feel better than the oxy's did. So why is it that nothing seems to get me high like the oxy's did? Not the Fen-patch or these Opana's! The oxy's made me feel so good, I could not control my use and constantly abused them to the point that I had to stop as the doc cut me off.

Anyway, just curious?

Might want to search in the opiate forums. This is PED discussion.

Might want to search in the opiate forums. This is PED discussion.

What? No its BDD.

Scottboy, oxymorphone has much lower bioavailability when taken orally. Its still perfectly fine for new patients or ones on lower doses of other opioids, in your case, you will forever compare it to the oxy high and it will never match it.

I just got prescribed Opana ER, after 7 yrs on 30mg Oxy's IR, then 1 yr clean, then 1 yr on the Fentanyl transdermal patch 75mcg.

With that said, the doc started me off on 2 - 15mg's of Opana ER, and i can barely feel it. Not nearly enough to handle my pain or lift me up at all.

My question is how much Opana would equal the 75mcg patch and 6 tramadol per day?

Also, I have noticed everyone saying the Opana was stronger and made them feel better than the oxy's did. So why is it that nothing seems to get me high like the oxy's did? Not the Fen-patch or these Opana's! The oxy's made me feel so good, I could not control my use and constantly abused them to the point that I had to stop as the doc cut me off.

Anyway, just curious?

Comparing oral oxymorphone to Transdermal fentanyl is difficult, but Fentanyl is roughly 10x the strength as opana when taken IV, and opana is roughly 15x stonger than tramadol, when taken orally.. So 20mg of oxymorphone would equal 6 of the 50mg tramadol (300mg), when taken orally.

Hope that helped,
- Hopeless Soul

What? No its BDD.

Scottboy, oxymorphone has much lower bioavailability when taken orally. Its still perfectly fine for new patients or ones on lower doses of other opioids, in your case, you will forever compare it to the oxy high and it will never match it.

It was moved.

That's really a low dose of oxymorphone. They release over 8-12 hours, and oxymorphone orally being 2x the strength of oxycodone, one 15 is like spreading 30mgs of oxy over 8-12 hours instead of getting a dose dump immediately like with the 30mg oxys. He's doing what doctors typically do and decreasing your dose relative to opioid 'equivalency' and hoping for a lower cross-tolerance. Different opioids hit different different opioid receptor subtypes, and one med may work better or worse for your particular pain. Also, taking different opioids together can have a potentiating effect(due to the aforementioned mechanism), and now you are on only one med. Call and bitch.

Its bioavailability is like 6 times stronger snorted so really if you want to feel it you gotta rail it or iv it but ive is only 3 percent stronger then railing.

Yeah back when I took opioids I used to love sniffing the old formula opana ERs (or IRs) but if I took them orally they didn't do shit. sniffing oxymorphone always felt way stronger than oral/sniffed oxycodone to me mg for mg. I felt like maybe 10mg of opana intranasal was equal to 40mg of oxy taken orally or intranasal, but that's just me. I never met anyone who liked the way oxymorphone felt taken the way it was desiged to be by mouth.

Its bioavailability is like 6 times stronger snorted so really if you want to feel it you gotta rail it or iv it but ive is only 3 percent stronger then railing.
Uh What? IV is only 3% stonger than IN? Where did you get those figures? Also IN can only be up to 4x the strength of oral, and that's when using the lowest number within the range ( 10 % ) .