• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxycodone withdraw

dynodavie

Bluelighter
anyways so i had a bad herniated disc that happened about the time the pandemic started and had to start using oxycodone again and it took 2 months to get me into surgery because of the pandemic even though i had good medical insurance, so before and post surgery i was prescribed oxycodone and in a year my tolerance has grown to about 200mg a day so i bit the bullet and quit and between a few gabapentin and vitamins overload my withdrawal wasn't too too bad i now have 10 days clean but i am having bad pain in my neck if i used this one time with 10 days clean would the withdrawal clock go back to day one ? i was clean from oxy since my ibogaine journey in may 2017 and was feeling great till my herniated disc happened...

one time with 10 days clean would the withdrawal clock go back to day one ?
Not in my experience(s). Ya basically have 0 opioid left in your system and should not be in any WDs (nothing to wd from) other than some psychological sh**, perhaps.
So if ya feel ya can take the pain med for the relief it offers I say its all good... but if there is a chance that you will get caught back up it may be advisable to seek other options. A lot of times I feel that an OTC anti-inflamatory (like aleve = naproxen sodium) helps with pain management more efficiently that most opioids.
Just opinions, fam; sired by decades of being a dumb ass. :)
Always, <3