• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone weaning question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so I am a chronic pain sufferer. I have 2 buldging disk. Ive been on 100 mg oxy a day for the past 2 years. Been on oxy all together for 4 years though. So I know my doctor is about to cut me off. I have 38 oxycodone ir 10 mg. How could I taper with 380 mg. A quick 7 day taper?

Ok so I am a chronic pain sufferer. I have 2 buldging disk. Ive been on 100 mg oxy a day for the past 2 years. Been on oxy all together for 4 years though. So I know my doctor is about to cut me off. I have 38 oxycodone ir 10 mg. How could I taper with 380 mg. A quick 7 day taper?

I just tapered from much higher daily dose of oxy i did it with my 15 roxy ir except i had 130 saved up took my time weening and jumped painlessly with lyrica and clonidine best combo!. Anyway you can get more ir? it could be done with 38 just not as painless and try to make the ween longer than a week if possible best of luck good info here

Can you get any other medications prescribed? Like last dose mentioned, things like Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Clonidine (Catapres) are just a few of the drugs that could make this experience easier for you. Also, Buprenorphine, even a single 8mg pill would be enough to give you some relief for after your acute withdrawal is over. Can you elaborate on your situation a little bit? Would your Doctor be open to prescribing medication for the withdrawal itself?

I've tapered from drugs using a sort of up & down method... there's probably a name for it, but here's a suggestion:

Day 1 80mg
Day 2 20mg
Day 3 70mg
Day 4 20mg
Day 5 60mg
Day 6 20mg
Day 7 30mg
Day 8 20mg
Day 9 10mg
Day 10 20mg
Day 11 10mg
Day 12 none
Day 13 10mg
Day 14 none
Day 15 5mg
Day 16 none
Day 17 5mg

That should add up to 380mg. Those first couple 20mg days are gonna be rough... you can play around with the arrangement to suit yourself, but I did this to get off drugs that discontinuing was supposed to turn my body into silly putty and my brain into wilted spinach and worked pretty well. Also maybe ask your doctor if he realizes that going from 100mg/day for two years to nothing will be gut-wrenchingly horrible and possibly end up with you driving through downtown asking every homeboy you see for heroin. Also check out some of the withdrawal discussion on the forum... people offer some ideas/experience on getting through it. Good luck.