• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Oxycodone very underwhelming?

UAV

Bluelighter
Hey guys, long term lurker here making my first post!

Having dabbled with codeine for around 5 years (less than once every month on average) and having tried IV fentanyl at hospital once many years ago, I recently got hold of some Sandoz 80mg ER Oxycodone just to try it out.

the first time I took it, roughly a week and a half ago, it felt pretty good. However every single other time I’ve taken it (never two days in a row - 3 times total) I have been thoroughly underwhelmed. I’m a relatively big guy, 6”4, and have been taking roughly 20mg crushed, orally. (I tried 35mg a few days ago and the euphoria levels were the same as 20mg I just felt more sedated)

I get a slight euphoria which I genuinely rate roughly the same level as 120mg codeine - the only difference is that oxy seems to last longer.

im not sure if I’m doing something wrong but Im finding it so hard to get any decent sort of euphoria at all. First few times I crushed pills in water and drank, and tonight I chewed.

is this normal for 20mg oxy? I’m scratching my head - literally - over what is going on. Any tips are much appreciated!

Is it possible to just be naturally tolerant to oxy? Or Could it be the Sandoz brand? When I got IV fentanyl it felt fricking amazing. I’m never going to go down the IV route and trying oxy is genuinely going to be a once in a blue moon thing for me - as naïve as that sounds!

Oxycodone is overrated in my experience, I'd rather have codeine too if I have a low tolerance.

It's about preferences. I prefer oxycodone's clean energetic high to morphine's more sedate/noddy and histaminic one. Other people like to nod and they will prefer something more sedating than me. I'm actually, in terms of a high, not a fan of opioids but stimulants, so it makes sense that oxycodone would suit me. To each his own. :)

It's about preferences. I prefer oxycodone's clean energetic high to morphine's more sedate/noddy and histaminic one. Other people like to nod and they will prefer something more sedating than me. I'm actually, in terms of a high, not a fan of opioids but stimulants, so it makes sense that oxycodone would suit me. To each his own. :)

I understand the different highs perspective, however, what I’m saying is it that the euphoria in general is seriously lacking. I get the slightest feeling of a dopamine rush but it’s hardly noticeable at all. coupled with itching, dizziness and slight nausea, I don’t really understand the appeal to the drug besides its analgesic properties, that’s why I feel as though I’m missing something!

If I take more I feel too sedated without added euphoria. I want that rush of endorphins and pleasure which so many people speak of!

I will again put it like this. If you offered me morphine, oxycodone, and methadone, I would almost always choose oxycodone. I would only choose methadone if I needed a longer duration for pain-killing purposes. Oxycodone is the most euphoric opioid for me, but therein lies the rub - what I call euphoria you might call a bit happy, and what you call euphoria I might call "I'm feeling fine but I don't like that I am not so clear in my thinking". This is an oversimplification but I found oxycodone to be the most euphoric opioid. I have only used pharmaceuticals and always orally, except buprenorphine that I have rarely insufflated (but the only reason when I did it was that I couldn't wait 10 minutes for Subutex to dissolve, or even more if you include the whole sublingual "ritual"). Oxycodone is, like I heard others say - the most cocaine-like opioid. And I like that feeling. Maybe takes a developed taste and I hope that you do not develop it cause it seems that you are not using oxy for pain issues (not judging just stating what i think). There are many parameters that go into how one will feel from a certain substance, and my parameters are set for oxycodone. :)

Yeah depends wheat you want out of your opiate really. Definitely legit,? You should try 20 chewed then 20mg snorted 15 mins later if you're totally underwhelmed.

Yeah depends wheat you want out of your opiate really. Definitely legit,? You should try 20 chewed then 20mg snorted 15 mins later if you're totally underwhelmed.

They’re definitely legit, in blisters and look completely real. I do get ‘high’ - itchy, tingly etc. The start of an opiate high is there for sure but the euphoria is lacking. It’s like I’m permanently
In the come-up stage but never reach the peak before it fizzles out. I want that lovely body buzz and all encompassing rush of dopamine and I’m just not getting it at all. As I said, a dose of 120mg codiene produces similar results but yet it should theoretically be far weaker than oxycodone. I haven’t tried insufflating yet but I’ve heard it’s generally a waste to snort oxy anyways?

Of course it’s bad HR to chase the dragon and I’d never take a dose that is dangerous to myself but I just feel like I’m genuinely doing something wrong when consuming because it makes no sense to me. Maybe I should try to potentate with antihistamines or grapefruit juice?

They’re definitely legit, in blisters and look completely real. I do get ‘high’ - itchy, tingly etc. The start of an opiate high is there for sure but the euphoria is lacking. It’s like I’m permanently
In the come-up stage but never reach the peak before it fizzles out. I want that lovely body buzz and all encompassing rush of dopamine and I’m just not getting it at all. As I said, a dose of 120mg codiene produces similar results but yet it should theoretically be far weaker than oxycodone. I haven’t tried insufflating yet but I’ve heard it’s generally a waste to snort oxy anyways?

Of course it’s bad HR to chase the dragon and I’d never take a dose that is dangerous to myself but I just feel like I’m genuinely doing something wrong when consuming because it makes no sense to me. Maybe I should try to potentate with antihistamines or grapefruit juice?

Knock off drugs can look pretty genuine.

If it's real I dunno what the cause might be. Tolerance? Or like others have said maybe you don't like oxycodone? I don't much care for it compared to most opioids.

I prefer my opioids sedating.

Knock off drugs can look pretty genuine.

If it's real I dunno what the cause might be. Tolerance? Or like others have said maybe you don't like oxycodone? I don't much care for it compared to most opioids.

I prefer my opioids sedating.

what’s your go to? I also prefer a sedating feel. I understand the effects of Oxy are subjective but surely although it’s slightly speedy it should still give its users that warm glow and release of dopamine that radiates and brushes up your entire body. That’s what I’m trying to achieve - without delving into H!

IV administration is obviously going to be way more intense, but boy that time I was on IV fent in hospital I felt AMAZING. And people say fentanyl produces less euphoria than other opiates. I suppose subconsciously I’m trying to achieve that feeling once again, but for my own HR I won’t delve into fent or H.

what’s your go to? I also prefer a sedating feel. I understand the effects of Oxy are subjective but surely although it’s slightly speedy it should still give its users that warm glow and release of dopamine that radiates and brushes up your entire body. That’s what I’m trying to achieve - without delving into H!

IV administration is obviously going to be way more intense, but boy that time I was on IV fent in hospital I felt AMAZING. And people say fentanyl produces less euphoria than other opiates. I suppose subconsciously I’m trying to achieve that feeling once again, but for my own HR I won’t delve into fent or H.

I'm a little reluctant to say this, but my primary opioid of choice has generally been IV heroin. Which I would strongly discourage anyone from going near.

I love it, that's the truth, but it'll drag you down to hell.

OP I just don't think you're taking enoughf. If you've tried 20mg and it's doing nothing try 40.

As Jess said fakes can look real and they could be codeine ofr some shitty RC opioid.

You getting them off the street?

You can always send in a little crumb of one to wedinos.

To be honest though. I would stick with codeine rather than chasing the opaite smack in the face.
It's playing with fire, poverty, loneliness, judgement and discussion from friends and family, and general misery, eßpecjslly in withdrawal.

Op is not saying he doesn't get anything he probably just prefers the morphine like opiates, they have a dirtier more sedating high. I can totally see where he is coming from.

I get it. But you are still able to get incredible euphoria off oxy on the right dose

When I was young, my opiate addiction actually started with snorting Roxy 30's and I loved the euphoria.
However, once I started IV Dilaudid, Oxycodone was underwhelming comparatively. There was no rush from iv. Just an instant high. Even though the high itself was stronger compared to Hydromorphone, it's like the lack of a rush had this, looking back on it now, placebo effect that impacted my ability to enjoy the high. Or perhaps there is some scientific basis behind it, like getting that Dilaudid rush causes a flood of serotonin that non rush Opioids can't replicate.
That's my experience. Also, you said the pills were er, which can impact the high unless the er seal is removed/broken down.

My first addiction was oxycontin. It does give a bit of a rush if you snort it. I think you will feel it's body warmth more that way as well. If you really want to know what opiate euphoria is you need to nod. It's very much possible to nod on oxy. I used to stay nodding. It takes more dosage. I think you wouldn't enjoy nodding wihout any tolerance and attempting it could be deadly due to serious respiratory depression that can happen during a nod.

i like to snort 40mg of oxy when I have zero tolerance. Much more in your face.
Be careful!! Might make you puke or nod depending on your size.

My first addiction was oxycontin. It does give a bit of a rush if you snort it. I think you will feel it's body warmth more that way as well. If you really want to know what opiate euphoria is you need to nod. It's very much possible to nod on oxy. I used to stay nodding. It takes more dosage. I think you wouldn't enjoy nodding wihout any tolerance and attempting it could be deadly due to serious respiratory depression that can happen during a nod.

i like to snort 40mg of oxy when I have zero tolerance. Much more in your face.
Be careful!! Might make you puke or nod depending on your size.
First time I took codiene I nodded from 90mg lol. I know what you mean, I think 40mg would be fine to be fair. I took more or less 30mg oxy and would partially nod but not into any dreamscapes, just felt my head dropping if I closed my eyes. I guess you’re right, I should try a higher dose.

I remember my friend bringing home some pure methadone powder from a lab he worked at and stole.
So stupid as we thought it was crap. We were eyeballing lines and snorting it. After an hour my friend was puking in a bucket saying he thought he was gonna die and I was still high as fuck all the next day.
We had no tolerance at the time I'm surprised we survived.

It was so fucking painful to snort and cos it take a long time to come on we were doing more lines after 20 mins. Like snorting glass and chilli powder. Think we had about 40-50mg no tolerance. Dear god.

It was so fucking painful to snort and cos it take a long time to come on we were doing more lines after 20 mins. Like snorting glass and chilli powder. Think we had about 40-50mg no tolerance. Dear god.
Jeez. Never done methadone to be fair. The other day my friend took 80mg Oxy in one go and was puking for 2 days. I’ve only got sick once from taking 600mg codiene (300mg after the first 300 wore off) when I was about 17. Woke up with the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life, couldn’t even stand up and was puking green bile all day. Would be interested to know what the neurobiology is behind opioid ‘hangovers’ as it’s something that isn’t really discussed anywhere as far as I’ve seen. I was convinced I’d given myself liver damage or something 😆