• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone taking over my life

^^^ Jesus christ that tea looks disgusting!! I'll tell you what I do:
1) Buy a bottle of cheap capsule supplements ie; valerian root, or garlic, or ginger root. Anything that has ~120 capsules for under $5
2) Open supplement bottle and empty capsule contents and dispose.
3) Pour kratom powder onto paper folded "hot-dog style"
4) Acquire thumbtack and pack empty capsules - using the back of the thumbtack - with kratom powder.

Note: I can usually get over 1.2 grams to fit in two (2) empty capsules. The thumbtack is perfect for packing capsules!
take 1.5g-3.5g of good kratom 3-4X daily to attenuate opiate-withdrawal-symptoms.

I'm not saying it's not possible but IME with myself and friends more time then not it doesn't appear work.
This guy really seems willing, most people aren't as willing., besides I read one of your posts and you are only 19 years old. This guy is probably a grown-ass-man.

Last edited:
Lol! It looks muddy (like Florida swamp water) but it's actually not that bad. Tastes like really strong tea mixed with stale coffee.....taste is better than the alternative imo

My addiction at its worst was with an iv oxycodone habit. The strength combined with it's short duration and cost led to something bad very quickly. I was doing between 80 and 120mg daily and it led to me being arrested for being careless. Fortunately, I was able to get myself into rehab. What you need to do is get yourself into detox then straight into rehab to get your head straight. Do it before you find yourself kicking in jail.

Lol! It looks muddy (like Florida swamp water) but it's actually not that bad. Tastes like really strong tea mixed with stale coffee.....taste is better than the alternative imo
The pills have no taste. Their downside is - takes about 45 seconds per pill to pack. Which is significant. At 60 pills, that's 45 mins. ..Like you said, still worth it completely.

I forgot to tell you! Buy grapefruit juice too, and drink ~ 8 ounces. before/during downing the pills. It will DOUBLE effects due to the grapefruit juice actions on liver-enzymes. I never take kratom without GFJ

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better. (you may want to replace oxy with kratom for this part. Make sure your doctor knows what you are doing.)

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. L-theanine

7. Therapy, AA/NA, or addiction counseling

8. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

As a side note. Sweetzoe showed you something that can be truly helpful in opiate detox. If you cannot taper or lack the self discipline, tapering the kratom is much easier. It is incredibly helpful detoxing at home to have a good family doctor on your side that can prescribe the benzos and clonidine. Those two medications coupled with the kratom will have you feeling normal very quickly, however do not expect to pass through withdrawal scott free. There will be heartache.

The easiest part of getting clean is stopping drugs..the hard part is figuring out how to stay stopped. Come up with a solid support network and recovery plan once you are on the tail end of your detox and stick to it. Remember, you do not need to live by the absolution that you will never use again, rather you are just not using today. You keep that mindset everyday and you will be amazed at how fast your life improves.

I would also suggest starting a thread in the soberliving forum under recovery support. Post each day and people there (myself included) will help you to mitigate the withdrawal symptoms as they come up.

Last edited:
This guy really seems willing, most people aren't as willing., besides I read one of your posts and you are only 19 years old. This guy is probably a grown-ass-man.

This is like the 4th time I've read you posting saying I described myself as 19(I have no idea what difference that would make) and for the life of me have no idea what you are talking about. I've been married for 5 years(no I don't live in Kentucky),have an 8 year old, and a 5 year. Could you post where I said this because though it's not important I want to see where I was either fucked up and mistyped or more likely where you've misread it!!!!!

You might need to lay off the smack because reality is escaping you!!!

Grab spoon...open Kratom bag....dip spoon in bag to get desired amount of Kratom....put spoon in mouth...take spoon out of mouth...2-3 drinks of coffee to get the Kratom down............PROFIT

^^^ Jesus christ that tea looks disgusting!! I'll tell you what I do:
1) Buy a bottle of cheap capsule supplements ie; valerian root, or garlic, or ginger root. Anything that has ~120 capsules for under $5
2) Open supplement bottle and empty capsule contents and dispose.
3) Pour kratom powder onto paper folded "hot-dog style"
4) Acquire thumbtack and pack empty capsules - using the back of the thumbtack - with kratom powder.

Note: I can usually get over 1.2 grams to fit in two (2) empty capsules. The thumbtack is perfect for packing capsules!
take 1.5g-3.5g of good kratom 3-4X daily to attenuate opiate-withdrawal-symptoms.

I've seen empty capsules for sale in health food stores, natural suppliment stores and the like. Hell, probably available online cheap as well...just a thought.
Thanks for the tip and dosing ideas! *choking down gritty and warm mug of tea wishing I had capsule idea before* lol

An opiate addict tapering his self is about as realistic as my football team making the playoffs(I'm a Bills fan). It's to easy to tell yourself well I've been really good lately I can celebrate by taking a couple extra tonight and continue my taper tomorrow. the lies we tell ourselves. I found at relatively small habits lopermide and a benzo(I actually use soma instead) help manage symptoms and there isn't a risk to bump up your meds(at least in my case) because the drugs I used didn't give me euphoria! I was on oxys for 5 years(before that heroin and then methadone) and my last dose was 8 days ago and aside from lethargy I'm good!

Oh and a side note: I have half a bottle of oxys locked in my wifes safe now and could have asked for them at anytime so the wds weren't that bad(mind you I was taking lope and somas). I think a lot of the physical is a manifestation that our mental attitude builds up, it's psychosomatic to a great extent(not all of it of course)!

I totally agree with this, I do this all the time when trying to taper, it's just so hard unless you have major willpower.

good luck hunni it's so hard but you'll get there, I'm in the same situation and I work and care for three kids, it's really hard but I've had to make an app with my local rehab clinic, I'm going today, they are looking at lofexidine to aid my withdrawal so gonna try that before I move onto subs (I really don't want to have subs)

goid luck, I'm rooting for you, you can do this xoxox

Oh, I also have Kratom here at home, it's useless for me but everyone's different and I've not tried over 2g as yet. If u are gonna try it then start small an work up, but u know that already :)

Don't quit cold turkey, or at least that's what I advise not to do. Map out a sobriety path, then go from there. You can try methadone, subutex or suboxone, or something milder to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Personally, I don't stay on those drugs long, as I find it another way to keep drug companies rich and keep us addicted.

Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I haven't experienced my own personal hell. I've done enough mg if drugs to make another person OD. Yet I've found that weaning down and off has worked better than quitting cold turkey.

Find your triggers ... boredom, trauma, anxiety, thrill seeking etc. then try to work through them. Everyone has a reason for becoming an addict. Everyone has a common bond for staying addicted and that's mostly because our brains and bodies, which catch hell during withdrawals, tell us to.