• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone safe with olanzapine?

pinealgland1

Greenlighter
Hello all, I have been prescribed 10mg olanzapine for my psychosis (which i think may have been caused by heavy daily use of strong cannabis.) So far it has been great for me, it helps my mood, my anxiety, and my paranoid thinking.

I was wondering about using oxycodone (40mg) on this medication, any interactions I need to know about? Is it safe(ish) [no substance use is 100% safe]

Most substances I enjoy I know would not work on this medication, psychedelics, mdma etc. would probably not work at all, and stimulant effects would be blunted. I have stopped using stimulants anyway as they effect my behaviour in a negative way. And cannabis I miss dearly because it used to be my friend but now I can't use even the tiniest crumb or it sends me into complete panic attack and psychotic paranoia. So I feel torn because I can barely use any substances anymore on the olanzapine, but it is working good for my mental health situation and I am not going to stop taking it. What other substances would work on olanzapine? Apart from benzos and opioids and i think ketamine (and possibly cannabis and stimulants for people who don't have psychosis or other mental problems) I can't really think of anything else that might exert any effects, even if the effects would be diminished.

I am not saying I'm going to go on some crazy binge and do as many drugs as I can, I just would like to know what's possible for me to use so that I have an idea of what's safe(ish) and what's not, so I am able to responsibly choose what to use when I feel the time is right.

So far I have only used Kratom while taking the olanzapine. The euphoric effects of the kratom are definitely blunted (perhaps due to the olanzapine antagonizing DA and SERT receptors?) but it adds to the sedative and relaxing effects of the kratom, which is pleasant in its own way. Also the kratom has been a god-send for me, it makes me more motivated to work than any Vyvanse, ritalin, amphetamine I have ever tried or had prescribed.

I would like to use oxycodone occasionally, definitely not often, just as a treat maybe once a month, from what I have read olanzapine is a thienobenzodiazepine and has some activity at certain GABA receptors, so would it be almost like combining opioids with xanax or diazepam or other benzos? Which most here would probably know that is a dangerous combination, especially at higher doses.

tldr: is combining oxycodone with 10mg daily olanzapine okay? what other substances would work on olanzapine?

Thank you, god bless, it's been a ride hasn't it

Last edited:
Most depressant substances will work when taking Olanzapine. I was also on 10mg.

Don't waste your time and money using stimulants when taking this drug.

Also watch your carb intake with this one, the weight gain can be horrendous.
I used to be able to get blasted on amps and just play video games all night which was super fun but as the use progressed and as I got a bit older now they just make me watch p0rn for 12 hours straight in a pit of misery shame and despair, so although I fantasize about using meth again it is off the table for now, and like you say, it will likely not work anyways, when I was on a low dose of quetiapine, stimulants still worked but found I had to increase my dose significantly, my doctor told me the Olanzapine was stronger than Quetiapine so no point really trying to use stims and like I said it ends with me in a mess these days. I don't want to feel anything anymore, I'm, so done. I want xanax and oxys and just to forget this world

Well tloyr psychiatrosy has a solid pon. Once on it it's impossible to finf thae sakigtest trait of srimulkant infuced okeasure while on zyprrexa, Sp o'd say it'd work for that purpose astnosingöidhy weöö. But that¨s a fuckimgg lame esxuse to be jumping on zyprexa unkess yiu akread0y are already schizophrenuc or bipolar, the side effex are heavy duty you wouldn'y wisg them to your worst enemy. I suggest you to changing the quack.