• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone potentiator

Actually the BA is 60-87% to start with but yeah
I have always referred to taking an inhibitor as potentiating. I am thinking now it actually prolongs and maybe messes with plasma levels. ?

I have always referred to taking an inhibitor as potentiating. I am thinking now it actually prolongs and maybe messes with plasma levels. ?
Well the research study i thoroughly went through meantioned peak plasma levels increasing by 1.2-1.4x but they didnt say if the levels are increased right away and as we know the faster peak is reached the higher you get whereas if it slowly builds thats no good

So in other words maybe youre right and it increases but prolongs achieving the peak

When should the grapefruit juice be taken? An hour or 2 hours before taking Oxycodone?

It can Andy there are many anecdotal nods to this effect. Never had much luck with it myself, but as was mentioned earlier, here in the Uk there are many meds with warnings about it within the accompanying leaflet.

I have tried many many potentiators with Oxy, and I know this may be useless as it is not exactly next to grapefruit juice in the supermarket ? but Pregabalin wins by a country mile to boost our lovely DOC ?

Some say 24hrs prior evo, some say an hour, I think it is subjective at best. Defo is an enzyme inhibitor that’s a given, to what extent not sure anyone really knows!!

I dont remember how many hours it said but i think it said somthing around atleast 3-6 hours before and there was somthing about not drinking it at the same time of taking oxy again the reason escapes me i was pretty high reading the study

Has anyone experienced this and had it what I'm wondering is if I usually take 15 milligrams of oxy if I drink grapefruit juice could I lower that to 5 milligrams and get the same effect anyone actually do the grapefruit and take a small dose and get the same effect

I doubt there will be that dramatic an effect Rusty. But as Zon said it works best if you saturate the metabolic enzymes about 6-12 hours prior. This is where I have seen the most notable effect. You may find your 10mg matches your 15mg and endures at peak level a while longer than you’re used to.

P.S my most worthwhile Oxy combos are either 25-50mg Promethazine, or 100mg Pregabalin, just in case you have access to either.

Has anyone experienced this and had it what I'm wondering is if I usually take 15 milligrams of oxy if I drink grapefruit juice could I lower that to 5 milligrams and get the same effect anyone actually do the grapefruit and take a small dose and get the same effect
King of the Hill! Cool username Rusty