• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone/Methadone Question.

ficksme

Greenlighter
I have a prescription for 30mg Oxycodone x180, and 10mg Methadone x120 per month.

I use the oxycodone for the break thru pain. Personally, I do not like how the methadone makes me feel.

However, I am nervous saying anything because I do not want the doctor taking it away and not attempting to replace it with something else for everyday pain.

Can anybody recommend another medication that would be good to replace methadone?

Well it's usually not a good idea to suggest medication to a doctor, but anything extended release would work well, oxymorphone er (opana), specifically would probably be the best.

- Hopeless

I could in theory just say, when I was in the hospital, they had given me "blank" a few times and that seemed to work fine, do you think we could try that for the overall pain?

I would never just go in and be like "hey, can we try this?" lol

I just didn't like how the methadone made me feel and didn't care for the long half life. While me suggesting one medication, I am also asking to stop take the other because it's side effects are too strong and I don't like them. So, I don't think that makes me look like an addict in my opinion at least.
"

Just tell him you aren't tolerating it well and if he thinks there is something else you can try instead and see what he suggests. Try it and see. If it doesn't work let him know until you find something that works well. Not every medication works well for everyone and they know that.

Simply Put' I find an adorable woman that that has everything in common with me, even at skinny-dipping with live gators nearby in a small river. She has as much guts as I did, but complained about her right side so much and her mother would do so too, until I foundout that they were both on oxies and had seen every doctors office for over thirteen years (lying) to get more and more. Until their liver was found with spots and they were sent away to be medically examined and after returning. They were put on milk thistle caplets and were3 told to not use any sort of medicine with nsaids. aspirin, acetophen, or with codine. But marijuana could help strongly for relief in liquid doses.

And you know what those two did next! They moved away to another State to start over in finding more doctors offices w/o one word to their best friend (me) and split for good. Then I discovered what raw gun powder could be used for (other than firing ammunitions).

tell him you dont want your teeth falling out from methadone lol. fuck that evil drug, oxycodone 80 er will keep pain away all day use roxys for breakthrough pain

tell him you dont want your teeth falling out from methadone lol. fuck that evil drug, oxycodone 80 er will keep pain away all day use roxys for breakthrough pain

The only concern I have for this is, when I take my roxy's I can take between 2-3 for break thru pain - That's 60-90mg IR oxy's. Anything more and I get this weird feeling in my head that is like mybody's way of telling me you're taking too much. I don't like the feeling.

So my fear is if I get oxy ER that because I'm taking Oxy IR and if I combined it with Oxy ER, I would get that weird feeling alot more often because i'm taking oxys all day long.

I would advise against making any direct, by-name suggestions to your prescriber. Everyone has a different MO, but I've never had a good experience with flexing my drug knowledge in the presence of medical professionals. You should inform your prescriber that the Methadone isn't working for you and go from there.

I would advise against making any direct, by-name suggestions to your prescriber. Everyone has a different MO, but I've never had a good experience with flexing my drug knowledge in the presence of medical professionals. You should inform your prescriber that the Methadone isn't working for you and go from there.

Thanks.

I concur! Two times in the past, I went to doc and suggested "Valium" and what wonders it did for me. One doc is my PCP and the other my pain doc.......needless to say, both declined. The PCP said "let's give you something, I would prescribe......my response, What would that be?" Hence, he gave me klonopin ;)

That is funny! Doctors aren't dumb! You wonder what they think when we go in there flexing our drug knowledge. They must laugh all day, thinking that "patients know more about these drugs than we do!" Haha

My PCP is pretty cool. I've actually told him I've tried adderall and Xanax. He prescribed my adderall that day after some tests and kpins and eventually xannies.
He told me when i said, I'm going to be honest, "I tried "blah blah" before..."
His response was, "Well, I hope you'll be honest with me if you want me to continue to be your PCP. <laughing>"

And it went smooth. My pain doctor, I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing that with. lol