• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone links to causing cancer?

Ch_ar_ley_Boo

Greenlighter
[OXY] I'm in UK, I'm prescribed 100mg oxy x2 daily but doc refills my script every fortnight so I'm on in reality 200mg x2 daily.

I went private to see a pain doc to legitimise my usage, and get the 200mg x2 daily on a script instead of reordering fortnightly. I've fucked myself tho, he now wants me off everything ffs! As he reckons ppl are dying who use oxy of cancers and strange infections....

Anyway that's another story, what I'm wanting to know is has anyone else heard of oxy causing cancers? And he said ppl are dying of strange infections who are on oxy...

Is it scare tactics?:? I'm seriously pissed off atm and want to know the truth regardless of if I come off then or not.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Charley.

[OXY] I'm in UK, I'm prescribed 100mg oxy x2 daily but doc refills my script every fortnight so I'm on in reality 200mg x2 daily.

I went private to see a pain doc to legitimise my usage, and get the 200mg x2 daily on a script instead of reordering fortnightly. I've fucked myself tho, he now wants me off everything ffs! As he reckons ppl are dying who use oxy of cancers and strange infections....

Anyway that's another story, what I'm wanting to know is has anyone else heard of oxy causing cancers? And he said ppl are dying of strange infections who are on oxy...

Is it scare tactics?:? I'm seriously pissed off atm and want to know the truth regardless of if I come off then or not.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Charley.

It's the Illuminati's plan for population control. First they hook you up and then they put you down. IMO it's still a good deal. Cancer doesn't stop many people from smoking.

Lol never heard of it. I know people who have been taking oxy for years and years and are healthy, besides the downside of regular opiate use like withdrawals an shit

I haven't heard of anything remotely close to this at all and I was on 180mg 4x a day by the time i was 19. If this were true someone would have sued by now I think...

The long term use of opiates can effect thyroid function and cause hormonal changes. The effect of long term abuse and subsequent WD's could influence all types of changes in the body due to stress. Now it's not carcinogenic by nature nor are opiates considered neurotoxic. On the other hand when the body is influenced in one way it can have indirect negative impacts of your ability to fight off infections or possible cancer's. Some people are just not healthy being on opiates such as methadone or suboxone. Opiates routinely make me loose extreme weight. Over the long term I can't imagine what that is doing to my body.

^Those are good points, prescott. As far as I know, oxycodone is not directly carcinogenic.

When it comes to cancer, I'd be much more worried about sugar, as it's much more likely to accelerate cancerous growth through its causing weight gain and subsequent lack of exercise due to being overweight/injured/in too much pain. We all have cancer lurking within us, the problem is when it decides to come out and play in the form of a malignant growth.

Last edited: