• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone hell

I worked at United for 20 yrs - itss no more strenuous than standing, which I can still do fine yes there is running around and back and forth on the jet ways. Honestly, since I'm the mother of 5, work was way more relaxing for me. Now that they' re in their 20's- I won't have to worry about babysitters lol - in fact one of the reasons we moved back here was the airlines were hiring like crazy y and my son and I (my youngest) wanted back in and he wanted to start his career with an airlines- I've worked with casts on - thigh to ankle brace - I'm not worried- it will be good for me and I know the tricks when pain is an issue. They probably will do a urine test. They did at UA when i transferred
To the Airport. I hope things go well- especially for my son

@juler I know it really sucks, but I'll be very, very straight with you here. You have the opportunity to get ahead of what is going on right now with your behavior around the Oxycodone. Many have come before you and have aid "XXmg just can't work" only to be really pissed off when they fuck up and have their entire script taken away without sympathy.

Regardless of the ethics or morality or anything like that, whether it's your fault, the prescriber's, the pharmacy's or what have you, the song remains here that you're still in a cycle of pain, overuse and subsequent withdrawal. Perhaps you need more and perhaps you don't, the unfortunate truth is that you're on what many in today's Opioid-prescribing climate would call a pretty sweet ride. This isn't intended to make you feel better or worse or anything, but it is a serious, existential warning to your life. You can either get things under control now, find strength and make your daily Oxycodone script work or you can find some serious strength down the road when the script gets pulled.

Your trajectory is not likely to right itself. This has nothing to do with your personally, it's just how these things go. One mistake can easily lead to another until you find yourself in trouble.

I don't truly think that remedies like Poppy Tea or Kratom are going to be what fixes this for you. They might be a momentary distraction or some hope, but not a true solution to anything. If using LESS Opioids was the answer in the first place, than why not skip the bullshit and use your own pills to titrate. Not only is the mechanism the same, but you have pre-measured and verified dosing units at your disposal.

We are here to help you, but this is going to get moved over to the Recovery Forums if the themes and subject matter keep moving in this direction. We try to help peole with specific, answerable problems and this is turning into something much more complex than that.

@juler you can hit me up anytime. I've withdrawan from dope, Methadone, Alcohol and IDK maybe Barbiturates to a certain extent once. It's all possible. People do it every day but they aren't usually inclined to get up on a soapbox afterward.

I'm back again and on my 5th wds in 2 months. My Dr's jumped the dose up to 90 mgs a day but the insurance and cvs said no so I have to wait until wedsnesday for 60 mgs daily rx. All I ever do is worry about running out when I have some, or really freak out when I know I'm going back into wds. And nothing I'm back in wds. My life is really centered around them now. I've tried the kratom but I took 4 of the opms black little bottle today and they help a bit but - they're 20$ a bottle- only bought 6 yesterday for this 5th wds. I truly have pain issues, but getting something to relieve it is...well you know
I'm thinking of trying the poppy pods. I tell you if I could get my hands on anything that would help, I'm considering all options. This is really ruining my already horrible life- I'm getting very despondent.
Not sure what kind of kratom you are using but if you buy it in powder form by the kilo it is incredibly cheap. Even if you use 15 grams a day, a kilo should last you two months. I can't say here how much it costs but it is negligible compared to rx opioids. Look online for the best deals.

Other options are poppy seed tea, or one of the maintenance drugs like methadone and suboxone which are a lot easier to get than oxy. Gabapentin could also help relieve some of the worst symptoms of withdrawal like restlessness, and its pretty easy to get too. There's also Imodium which you can get otc, its for diarrhea but its actually a weak opioid, and helps with some of the physical withdrawal symptoms like the gastrointestinal discomfort. I kind of recommend against it because it can cause heart problems in large doses but if you cant find anything else and need something immediately, and keep your doses low (like say 4 tablets twice a day) you might find some relief.

Good luck.

I got it figured out with the kratom. For the days I'm withdrawing, I take 5-6 bottles of the opms black extract daily. It helps now much better, but it's pricey, 20$ a bottle. I can't afford 400$ every week for this - but can't stand the wds. I'm still shaky and temp control is an issue but no bathroom problems and I can get around. I need to get the number of days I'm w/o meds to the smallest amount of days. I just went through 5 days w/o and I moved and was able to actually do things like shop etc..but I need something more affordable. I'm going to look for a better Dr and a pharmacy that is not CVS.

@juler I know it really sucks, but I'll be very, very straight with you here. You have the opportunity to get ahead of what is going on right now with your behavior around the Oxycodone. Many have come before you and have aid "XXmg just can't work" only to be really pissed off when they fuck up and have their entire script taken away without sympathy.

Regardless of the ethics or morality or anything like that, whether it's your fault, the prescriber's, the pharmacy's or what have you, the song remains here that you're still in a cycle of pain, overuse and subsequent withdrawal. Perhaps you need more and perhaps you don't, the unfortunate truth is that you're on what many in today's Opioid-prescribing climate would call a pretty sweet ride. This isn't intended to make you feel better or worse or anything, but it is a serious, existential warning to your life. You can either get things under control now, find strength and make your daily Oxycodone script work or you can find some serious strength down the road when the script gets pulled.

Your trajectory is not likely to right itself. This has nothing to do with your personally, it's just how these things go. One mistake can easily lead to another until you find yourself in trouble.

I don't truly think that remedies like Poppy Tea or Kratom are going to be what fixes this for you. They might be a momentary distraction or some hope, but not a true solution to anything. If using LESS Opioids was the answer in the first place, than why not skip the bullshit and use your own pills to titrate. Not only is the mechanism the same, but you have pre-measured and verified dosing units at your disposal.

We are here to help you, but this is going to get moved over to the Recovery Forums if the themes and subject matter keep moving in this direction. We try to help peole with specific, answerable problems and this is turning into something much more complex than that.

@juler you can hit me up anytime. I've withdrawan from dope, Methadone, Alcohol and IDK maybe Barbiturates to a certain extent once. It's all possible. People do it every day but they aren't usually inclined to get up on a soapbox afterward.
Sorry, I tend to ramble on too much. I'll keep my posts shorter.

I got it figured out with the kratom. For the days I'm withdrawing, I take 5-6 bottles of the opms black extract daily. It helps now much better, but it's pricey, 20$ a bottle. I can't afford 400$ every week for this - but can't stand the wds. I'm still shaky and temp control is an issue but no bathroom problems and I can get around. I need to get the number of days I'm w/o meds to the smallest amount of days. I just went through 5 days w/o and I moved and was able to actually do things like shop etc..but I need something more affordable. I'm going to look for a better Dr and a pharmacy that is not CVS.
Why bother taking kratom, just taper with your own oxys. Get ahold of loperamide+gabapentin/lyrica some clonazepam for 2 weeks and you're set. You're just extending your own suffering.

I woke up at 4 after not sleeping for over an hour and was in full blown wds- I took 2 bottles of the opms black- big mistake. An hour later I was so dizzy I could barely walk. I talked with my son about a half-hour before- then when the dizziness came on I said goodnight and didn't tell him. But I was scared- then I felt something in my stomach so I tried to go back to bed - I did fall asleep eventually, then I woke up at 8 and took only one bottle as the nusea and dizziness had worn off. But never 2 bottles together for me , I really am not a multi drug abuser- I only take the oxys- I did heroin only twice when I was 18 but I did shoot the hell out of cocaine then too. Only for 4 months- then rehab . I just prefer the drugs I know but I hate wds so much.
Get the pills…you get 5 pills for 20$ and each pill is 138mg…I still say get an opioid, pods

I will, but i was discussing what to do with my son about my pain issues- he knows my suffering more than anyone. He was very against the pods, now I still want to try them, but I have to wait until Tuesday when I next have money- I'm just going to buy them and hope I can keep the extraction process secret from him. I have just been afraid the extraction process might be hard to hide. I'll let you know when I get them, as my Dr referred me to their pain clinic Dr on Friday and I had a virtual appt. She wants me to go on bupenorphine. I need something for pain not just something to get me off oxy. This fact was made clear again to me when I couldn't raise my arms today due to the shoulder ligaments and my hands are getting so bad you can feel and SEE the ligaments slipping off the bone. There is serious pain issues here and I'm tired of suffering and being severely underprescribed.

Hi, been wondering how the move went with pain and w/d . I don't know how you made it. I have a Dr appointment coming up. I'm having difficulty doing simple housework. Check with the pharmacy before you commit to them and see what they cover.
I do what I have to do - that's been my mantra for 25 years. I couldn't even strap my bra this morning. Every part of me from my brain stem down to my toes is feeling crushed by pain. I'm like why don't they do a few mris to support my diagnosis, instead of waiting for my uk records to come. Lord knows they've taken enough blood, which if they looked at it, it also supports everything I claim. I know how to read my blood tests after I had weekly bloodwork during chemo a few years back- it's all there in my neutrophils and wbcs and Ana titers with proliferation
Not to mention the wds are causing malnutrition and who knows what else. They have me on vit d supplements, but that is such a tiny tip of the iceberg. I'm sure they wish I was a timid patient who would just quietly follow everything they ask. There slow response times and dismissiveness bothers me. I need a job with Insurance, so I can get a better Dr. I can do the airport job, it is simply a lot of standing and some walking if I work gates and I did it for over 20 yrs. It is certainly not more than what I am doing at home. It reminds me of the time with my 3rd pregnancy, when they sent me home to "rest" because I had placenta previa which can cause hemorrhage. I had 2 kids under 4 at home- my only rest at that time was going to work. My husband of course didn't help me anymore than usual and running around after toddlers was certainly more demanding than sitting taking reservations. This was before I went to the ato. They need to listen to their patients more. Bottomline.

you don’t even have to extract the pods from what people have told me, you can grind them up into a powder with an espresso grinder and just mix the powder with some liquid and drink it back, I just personally prefer the extract since I can put a tiny tsp in my coffee or mix it with some OJ and not even really taste it

Dear juler,
I‘ve been following your story from the beginning , but I have been so deeply depressed I couldn’t comment. You sound like an incredible woman with so much inner strength! I hope and pray that you can find a doctor and pharmacy that don’t have their heads up their asses! Just know that I admire your strength and integrity.

I have called numerous other drs now trying to find a better dr. Dozens of drs I've called and they either won't accept my insurance or don't have a "new patient" appt for months. I was thinking last night of flying back to England where I know my pcp and one other dr would give me my full rx--in fact my second dr there gives me a 2 month supply. I fly for free-standby- for life, I took an early out from United 8 yrs ago. My son won't let me. He said if I do that -then I need to stay there. Not a good day today and I am out of meds since yesterday--taking kratom which helps but is so expensive.....No one seems to be able to help, I keep trying though but its been almost 3 months and this is my 9th wds.

I have called numerous other drs now trying to find a better dr. Dozens of drs I've called and they either won't accept my insurance or don't have a "new patient" appt for months. I was thinking last night of flying back to England where I know my pcp and one other dr would give me my full rx--in fact my second dr there gives me a 2 month supply. I fly for free-standby- for life, I took an early out from United 8 yrs ago. My son won't let me. He said if I do that -then I need to stay there. Not a good day today and I am out of meds since yesterday--taking kratom which helps but is so expensive.....No one seems to be able to help, I keep trying though but its been almost 3 months and this is my 9th wds.
i think of you often and wonder how you are out there

you can get kratom really cheaply from online vendors.