• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone hell

juler

Bluelighter
I'm back again and on my 5th wds in 2 months. My Dr's jumped the dose up to 90 mgs a day but the insurance and cvs said no so I have to wait until wedsnesday for 60 mgs daily rx. All I ever do is worry about running out when I have some, or really freak out when I know I'm going back into wds. And nothing I'm back in wds. My life is really centered around them now. I've tried the kratom but I took 4 of the opms black little bottle today and they help a bit but - they're 20$ a bottle- only bought 6 yesterday for this 5th wds. I truly have pain issues, but getting something to relieve it is...well you know
I'm thinking of trying the poppy pods. I tell you if I could get my hands on anything that would help, I'm considering all options. This is really ruining my already horrible life- I'm getting very despondent.

Just curious, what else than oxycodone are you taking for the pain? Acetaminophen? Etoricoxib? Amitriptyline?

Ibuprofen- I've been on many different meds for one of my most painful conditions- methotrexate - gabapentin- humira and enbrel and many others, the 2 biologics worked but thy gave me a cancerous pancreatic tumor, now I only have 1/2 a pancreas and no spleen - I just am tired of suffering - the oxys do help better with pain than anything other than the biologics

They're setting me up with a pain clinic. I have taken methadone before, when I visited the us in 2015 and the same thing happened. That was only for a few weeks This time though we are staying. I need to get on a doable pain treatment. They will not prescribe more than 60 mgs a day of oxy- the Dr even put me up to 90, but cvs said no and insurance- how did pharmacists get to have more power than the Dr's. My Dr said if ins wouldn't pay then I could self-pay, but cvs said no. I even had my Dr's supervisor advising me to self pay if necessary, but cvs said they weren't comfortable with that and now I'm back to 60 mgs a day and the pharmacies can't be switched. I have 10 bottles of opm black. I've taken 4 today already- it's helped but certainly no wonder drug for me. If you've seen my previous posts you know I was at a very high dose for 12 years. I wish I knew how many of these bottles I should take a day? I wonder if it's working at all- I feel it is, but not that much. Does anyone know how many of these opm black 8 ml bottles I should take for wds? I don't want to overdo it but I really don't feel that much better maybe 25% and that's after 4 bottles. I was going to try and wait to take the next one before bed. Any suggestions?

I woke up at 4 after not sleeping for over an hour and was in full blown wds- I took 2 bottles of the opms black- big mistake. An hour later I was so dizzy I could barely walk. I talked with my son about a half-hour before- then when the dizziness came on I said goodnight and didn't tell him. But I was scared- then I felt something in my stomach so I tried to go back to bed - I did fall asleep eventually, then I woke up at 8 and took only one bottle as the nusea and dizziness had worn off. But never 2 bottles together for me , I really am not a multi drug abuser- I only take the oxys- I did heroin only twice when I was 18 but I did shoot the hell out of cocaine then too. Only for 4 months- then rehab . I just prefer the drugs I know but I hate wds so much.

I woke up at 4 after not sleeping for over an hour and was in full blown wds- I took 2 bottles of the opms black- big mistake. An hour later I was so dizzy I could barely walk. I talked with my son about a half-hour before- then when the dizziness came on I said goodnight and didn't tell him. But I was scared- then I felt something in my stomach so I tried to go back to bed - I did fall asleep eventually, then I woke up at 8 and took only one bottle as the nusea and dizziness had worn off. But never 2 bottles together for me , I really am not a multi drug abuser- I only take the oxys- I did heroin only twice when I was 18 but I did shoot the hell out of cocaine then too. Only for 4 months- then rehab . I just prefer the drugs I know but I hate wds so much.

How much Kratom is in these bottles? And is this 60mg of ER or IR Oxycodone?

They've prescribed me 2 30 ers a day and that's the max they'll do. The kratom is these opms black they're supposed to be the strongest shots but they're tiny little bottles 8.8 ml- I tried the powder a few weeks ago - indo red I think but I wasn't sure how much - people told me that with my tolerance I would need a lot. I finished the powder hated it - didn't do much - these opms seem to work better but now just one at a time.

60mg of Oxycodone is not THAT much, I took 45mg and for my withdrawals I took 5g of Kratom each time I was feeling bad, about 3 times a day so 15g a day. Those opms shots are for people with really high tolerances.. Two bottles is ridiculous. You should have started by trying 5 grams of kratom powder. Seems like there is about 11-15g in one of those bottles (could be wrong). When I took 45mg of Oxycodone, 5g of kratom would destroy withdrawals and 10g would have definitely make me puke. Imagine drinking 20+ like you did.
They've prescribed me 2 30 ers a day and that's the max they'll do. The kratom is these opms black they're supposed to be the strongest shots but they're tiny little bottles 8.8 ml- I tried the powder a few weeks ago - indo red I think but I wasn't sure how much - people told me that with my tolerance I would need a lot. I finished the powder hated it - didn't do much - these opms seem to work better but now just one at a time.

That is wonderful news. For true pain, it is horrible and cruel to make people suffer. Admittedly, when I was in the uk, I got up to a sky-high amt, but my tolerance kept going up. I would just like to be prescribed enough medication to take some of the pain away. I know it won't take it all away no matter how much I take, but I want to be able to do more things again, like ride my bike etc...I can't even bend my left wrist today at all, due to one of my many conditions and my spine is hellish. It makes life unbearable. I hope they make some changes soon!
Nice to see you on this site- people on here really helped me with my withdrawals,as I had just moved here 2 months ago from the uk and it was a nightmare even finding a doctor- they now have me on 60 mg of oxy a day, a far cry from the 240mg I was on when I arrived. I am able to p/u my meds today in about 45 minutes- I can't wait. I must say the kratom did help especially with the stomach issues, but it makes me shaky and it tastes horrible. Even thinking about it makes me nausea- but I felt overall better than normal withdrawals. There are some really nice people on here, it really is a great site.

60mg of Oxycodone is not THAT much, I took 45mg and for my withdrawals I took 5g of Kratom each time I was feeling bad, about 3 times a day so 15g a day. Those opms shots are for people with really high tolerances.. Two bottles is ridiculous. You should have started by trying 5 grams of kratom powder. Seems like there is about 11-15g in one of those bottles (could be wrong). When I took 45mg of Oxycodone, 5g of kratom would destroy withdrawals and 10g would have definitely make me puke. Imagine drinking 20+ like you did.
I know believe me that 60 mgs of oxy is nothing. I was tapering down when I was first got here, and was at 240 mgs a day- the 60 a day is just not cutting it. That's just all they will give here. That's why I've been in wds 5 times in 2 months- have not been able to make 60 a day last. I used to take 2 even 3 60 mgs at a time a few years back when I was taking over 20 60 mgs a day (check out my other post from last month) no real title just oxycodone) few people believed I was taking so much for awhile. I was in the uk for 8 years- at one time until 2019 I had 6 drs- pharmacies don't share info and I paid cash for my Dr's. I did get it down to 10 60's a day the month before I got here and then I was able to get it down lower for the last 2 weeks of meds I had. I came with as much as I could - I was afraid security would stop me but they didn't. When after trying for 2 weeks to find Dr's even the er- no one would touch it. I had containers to show all from the same pharmacy. I was very careful and it showed I only took 180 a day. But every Dr thought that was way too high....if they had only known how much I really took...

It works for me for 4 hrs max, but I was at a very high dose. 2 30's a day does not do it for me. On the bright side, I finally got an interview with one of the airlines. I have over 20 yrs experience at this role, I hope I can make my meds last. Thank God the interview is on a day when I will have received my meds the day before. I can hide my pain and I know I can work this job on my meds w/o problem. I did for 4 yrs.

I'm still trying to make it to the shower. Too much pain. I know you must have something serious to have been on methotrexate. A friend was taking it and ended up in icu. From side effects.what happened to the pain charts with a scale from 1 - 10. I think they were working on removing the word pain from the dictionary ! It is not right for people suffering and trying to live. It's like your afraid To mention pain. But you have a life to live.
And that is only one of my conditions. I just have to figure out how to keep myself at 60 mgs a day- though I am at partial wds all day at that amt, it's better than full wds. I of course am already well over on my last rx. I get another rx 2 10's a day for breakthrough pain, next weds but the dosage is just not working. My Dr has me on an urgent referral to the pain clinic, but I have no idea how long that will be.

If a pharmacy refuses to fill a script for you, take it elsewhere.

Technically phamarcists CAN refuse to give scripts to people. However, they can't change that your doctor prescribed it to you, so you can always take it to another pharmacy that will do it.

I agree with negrogesic. You might want to look into a longer acting opioid if you can.
Also learning a little control. For example, you run out of your meds, but have you ever tried just taking them as prescribed? They may not get you buzzed or totally out of pain but this is better than dealing with weeks of withdrawal. No judgement tho, I often ran out of tramadol early every month for 10 years. Withdrawal every month for over 10 years can really do a number on somebody and it wasn't easy in the slightest. Especially when you have serious pain.

But it can't hurt you try and get your tolerance and doses on more of a set schedule.

Especially since there's not a whole lot else out there you can do.
I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Opiates needs to be legalized and used for things again. It really boils my blood.

Unfortunately if we don't fight back against the opioid-phobia propaganda that's being pushed, none of us will get to use opioids for any reason in a few decades, unless you wanna OD on street fent.

They're setting me up with a pain clinic. I have taken methadone before, when I visited the us in 2015 and the same thing happened. That was only for a few weeks This time though we are staying. I need to get on a doable pain treatment. They will not prescribe more than 60 mgs a day of oxy- the Dr even put me up to 90, but cvs said no and insurance- how did pharmacists get to have more power than the Dr's. My Dr said if ins wouldn't pay then I could self-pay, but cvs said no. I even had my Dr's supervisor advising me to self pay if necessary, but cvs said they weren't comfortable with that and now I'm back to 60 mgs a day and the pharmacies can't be switched. I have 10 bottles of opm black. I've taken 4 today already- it's helped but certainly no wonder drug for me. If you've seen my previous posts you know I was at a very high dose for 12 years. I wish I knew how many of these bottles I should take a day? I wonder if it's working at all- I feel it is, but not that much. Does anyone know how many of these opm black 8 ml bottles I should take for wds? I don't want to overdo it but I really don't feel that much better maybe 25% and that's after 4 bottles. I was going to try and wait to take the next one before bed. Any suggestions?

That is so messed up that the pharmacy is railroading you, even though your doctor is prescribing it and advises it. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Like others have said, you might ty methadone. It is a very effective pain killer and a stronger opiate than oxycodone. In fact recreationally it is perhaps my favorite opiate, it's very strong and quite euphoric, too. Also a single dose lasts all day (though you can divide it in half for more consistent pain relief all day long). The methadone clinic may start you at too low a dose but they will increase your dose until it works. And at first you have to go to the clinic every day to get your dose but with consistent stability on your dose you will get "take-homes" and have to go less often.

Something to consider if you can't get the oxy worked out, it is an option. You might even talk to your doctor about it, it's possible they could prescribe it.

And that is only one of my conditions. I just have to figure out how to keep myself at 60 mgs a day- though I am at partial wds all day at that amt, it's better than full wds. I of course am already well over on my last rx. I get another rx 2 10's a day for breakthrough pain, next weds but the dosage is just not working. My Dr has me on an urgent referral to the pain clinic, but I have no idea how long that will be.
Dang girl, you're very tough. You're coming down from 300+ a day dosages to only 60 a day.
That's a very shocking fast taper, just hang in there and eventually you'll start feeling normal again. You might consider like others say to switch to a longer acting opioid like methadone or maybe even suboxone cause you're suffering unnecessarily, drs used to prescribe oxys like candies but nowadays they're so tightly controlled that it's hard to get a prescription. Drs are scared to lose their license, altho think it very well cause if u go into methadone....you're in for a treat, they don't call it "liquid handcuffs" for nuffin'. If u go that route ure gonna be on them long term. So think it through, altho you've reduced your dose so much that I'd encourage you to keep going until you stabilize your oxy dose. Go girl, you can do it. 💯🤍🤍😘😘😘🙏🌟

I'm going through wds again for hopefully just today and tomorrow- I cannot make 60 mgs day last. You know I never got the euphoria on oxy- it worked on my pain but I definitely withdrew from everyone. I just want a rx that I can stick too. I can stick to 120 a day, but not 60 it is impossible- I really have tried - I have gotten down now to only a few days every week or two for wds but this is ridiculous
We just got our apt - we're moving in on the 1st. I got my interview with the airlines on Thursday early- we have to clean and pack this apt we have been in for 2 months and I feel like hell
I am grateful that I will get my 2 week script tomorrow. Even with 20+ experience at this job, being in wds at an interview would be difficult. I know my pain issues will present themselves, but I have to work to afford our tiny 2 bed apt we just got. The rent is sky-high. It's right in the city but close to the airport-the north-end
My son and I both have interviews that day. I am 8-9 he's 9-10. I will get better insurance if I get it. I can't stay home doing nothing- I am young- well 40's-i know I will take less meds when I work. My first 4 years on oxy, I worked at United doing the same job. Wish me luck.

Have you tried a slow taper? Like drop your dose by 10% and stick to that dose until you feel normal on it. So 120 to 108mg (might be hard to be 100% exact but by cutting pills with a razor blade you could get close). Then drop another 10% and stay on that dose until you feel good. That is how people can drop their dose without feeling terrible. takes patience and discipline because dosing more just once can mess up your taper. But if they're not going to give you more than 60mg, you might have to do it or else risk experiencing this over and over again.