• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone dose dependant effects

Adrianm12

Bluelighter
So I’ve never tried higher doses of oxy without being on a binge first. So to explain it I mean my usual dose no tolerance is 20mg, then after that dose I use daily creeping the dose up more and more and I’ve hit 30-40mg before but because of the daily use once I reach 30-40 mg my doses legit provide no euphoria or notning. My question is that I’ve never had a high dose such as 40mg after a break, what would this do for me considering 20mg is my normal dose after a break and this dose provides me with energising euphoria and nice mood lift! It’s definitely enjoyable but it’s quiet average, Mainly asking does more mg mean more euphoria, as the rush from 20mg is lovely but it’s quiet comfortable also and it’s quite energising but I want that locked into the bed full body warmth and loving everything as opposed to mood lift energy stage of oxy ! Never experienced a nod so I’m curious if I have a break and instead of 20 go for higher dose like 30-40 does this mean more euphoria and relaxation ? In my experience higher doses have only caused anxiety relief and relaxation but as I said at this point I’ve milked my dopamine like it’s going out of fashion for about a week or two minimum. I’m worried if I dose higher it will cancel the euphoria or is this not a thing ? As this has happened but like I said after a binge of daily usage where my brain probably has notning left to offer thanks everyone!

No. For some people they love to eat all their stash in a single go and nod out and itch themselves. I think that 20 milligrams in a way has more euphoria than 80 milligrams. I've actually never liked high-dose oxy for some reason. It's almost like the euphoria is naturally light from painkillers so making the euphoria heavier by taking a large dose just makes the more unpleasant side effects and sedation come to light. I preferred to redose repeatedly throughout the day to maintain the energizing effects and stay higher for longer as opposed to one brief intense high. Once you feel withdrawal--you'll know very quickly that if you don't ration your stash the air around you is going to obliterate your soul. The withdrawal is not fun like the drugs are fun.

There's no reason in hell to try to get wicked high off of oxy. There's better substances for that kind of rush that don't involve not breathing. Keep on this path and you'll be wrecked by the substance. Keeping your tolerance as low as possible for as long as possible is the best thing one can do. There are many a junkie who had to quit because of tolerance alone. What's the fun in having to eat 3 blues just to get out of bed in the morning? There's better ways to live lol. I'm guessing you're not too far in the game so far? Be sure to thoroughly enjoy this part. From one druggy to the next it will never be as good as it is right now. I never nodded out either by the way off of oxycodone. It's made from thebaine (stimulant morphine) so oxy has energizing effects that I truly miss. Fent/heroin makes you unable to stay awake around everyone lol.

No. For some people they love to eat all their stash in a single go and nod out and itch themselves. I think that 20 milligrams in a way has more euphoria than 80 milligrams. I've actually never liked high-dose oxy for some reason. It's almost like the euphoria is naturally light from painkillers so making the euphoria heavier by taking a large dose just makes the more unpleasant side effects and sedation come to light. I preferred to redose repeatedly throughout the day to maintain the energizing effects and stay higher for longer as opposed to one brief intense high. Once you feel withdrawal--you'll know very quickly that if you don't ration your stash the air around you is going to obliterate your soul. The withdrawal is not fun like the drugs are fun.

There's no reason in hell to try to get wicked high off of oxy. There's better substances for that kind of rush that don't involve not breathing. Keep on this path and you'll be wrecked by the substance. Keeping your tolerance as low as possible for as long as possible is the best thing one can do. There are many a junkie who had to quit because of tolerance alone. What's the fun in having to eat 3 blues just to get out of bed in the morning? There's better ways to live lol. I'm guessing you're not too far in the game so far? Be sure to thoroughly enjoy this part. From one druggy to the next it will never be as good as it is right now. I never nodded out either by the way off of oxycodone. It's made from thebaine (stimulant morphine) so oxy has energizing effects that I truly miss. Fent/heroin makes you unable to stay awake around everyone lol.
Thanks for your reply, and nah I’m not new you’ve commented on a few of my posts before. I’ve used on and off for about 2-3 years but where I’m from oxy isn’t really common so I can’t find info off people I know and only sites like this. I’ve just found oxy a really really tricky one to understand and work out. Like for MDMA for example more mdma means a greater high ( I know doesn’t mean more pleasurable as the Higher the dose the more side effects). But say someone who takes 140mg is going to feel a lot better then someone who’s had 80mg. I’m just curious if that’s how it is with oxy as like I’ve said I’ve never gone for a higher one straight off the bat I’ve always stuck with my 20 and only increased slowly if I’ve had to due to tolerance. I’m not trying to get as fucked up as possible or trying to be irresponsible, just curious if instead of 20, I tried a touch higher could it mean more euphoria and possibly some relaxation instead of energy? Or does oxy have a ceiling on euphoria ? Off logic I would guess more oxy = more dopamine but I know drugs can be tricky sometimes and was wondering if anyone had an answer from their experience

Life is miserable on opiates or not. Just in different ways. ;)

There are good days on either for sure. But in the end you always lose the game lol. I will say this with utmost unbelievable confidence--other drugs have physical side effects and mental ones. As long as you proceed with caution and do not overdose, mostly everyone in theory would be able to walk away scott free from opioids with some minor mental scarring. Testosterone levels and the brain actually go back to almost 97%.. Don't quote me on this though but most junkie veterans claim that they feel what they used to again before they had their fun. However if you shoot pills you better know what you're doing lol. Pills are incredibly hard to break down for that purpose.

Opiates are surprisingly physically benign. It makes no sense for how much it wants to addict and kill everyone. I suppose we should adore that it does not leave you with heart problems like cocaine. Ty mother opies. If you are not receiving the high you desire from a formally appropriate dose for yourself--just wait a while and choose to redose or accept what's given. Too many people died for being unsatisfied with a temporary buzz :( I always lived in fear of not waking up and that can save one! I was on a high dose at the end and 30 milligrams of purdue's finest blues 3-4 times a day. But looking back on it 20 milligrams was always the best buzz and everything sucks when 20 milligrams no longer works and you only realize it a decade later lol! I can't fully explain why going past 20 milligrams per day was no longer fun for me but I think there's something to it. The lower doses when more effective bring more pleasure and joy than the higher doses with tolerance. It's like marrying a supermodel who progressively becomes more obese until she's a hippo at the end. Opiates are the hippo.

Last edited:
Life is miserable on opiates or not. Just in different ways. ;)

There are good days on either for sure. But in the end you always lose the game lol. I will say this with utmost unbelievable confidence--other drugs have physical side effects and mental ones. As long as you proceed with caution and do not overdose, mostly everyone in theory would be able to walk away scott free from opioids with some minor mental scarring. Testosterone levels and the brain actually go back to almost 97%.. Don't quote me on this though but most junkie veterans claim that they feel what they used to again before they had their fun. However if you shoot pills you better know what you're doing lol. Pills are incredibly hard to break down for that purpose.

Opiates are surprisingly physically benign. It makes no sense for how much it wants to addict and kill everyone. I suppose we should adore that it does not leave you with heart problems like cocaine. Ty mother opies. If you are not receiving the high you desire from a formally appropriate dose for yourself--just wait a while and choose to redose or accept what's given. Too many people died for being unsatisfied with a temporary buzz :( I always lived in fear of not waking up and that can save one! I was on a high dose at the end and 30 milligrams of purdue's finest blues 3-4 times a day. But looking back on it 20 milligrams was always the best buzz and everything sucks when 20 milligrams no longer works and you only realize it a decade later lol! I can't fully explain why going past 20 milligrams per day was no longer fun for me but I think there's something to it. The lower doses when more effective bring more pleasure and joy than the higher doses with tolerance. It's like marrying a supermodel who progressively becomes more obese until she's a hippo at the end. Opiates are the hippo.
Thanks for your replies they’re always in depth and useful ! I am beginning to think my issue isn’t with dosing, it’s with using too often and the quality of the high is beginning to fade... oxy isn’t too satisfying when you use once every 12-24 hours the high just seems to get duller and duller. I had a misconception that people woild up there dose when tolerance grew and achieved the “same high” but I guess I was wrong !

Opiate addicts come in literally every shape and color. Some are wicked intelligent and others--well I'm not sure what's out there and I don't want to find out lol!

The point is that we all hide our addictions well and have such unique experiences. It's hard to vocalize why opiate addiction is so god damn miserable and also simultaneously a blessing at the same time. Why you can't stop and realize that you can't stop even when it's too late and still
buy into addiction being a "mental illness" or something that undermines its existence. Opiates reputation proceeds themselves and they still are like ninjas having people blinded by how hostage they are lol. A great enemy and allegiance I'll give them that. It's not the worst thing to happen honestly unless you overdose and cannot be saved. I really think that's heartbreaking because addicts need an unlimited amount of chances. Not everyone will be on heroin 24/7 but most people will suffer for an unforseen period of time and lose something. You can't just have opiates in your life and live care free forever. This shit gets real dark real fast. Even if no one finds out about your use and you escape without any visible consequences... you suffer alone.

I think that I've overcome a lot of it but I'm not going to be confident and say "i'm through the woods." This could literally be the death of me. I'm going to play the cautious side and assume it can go either way and hope i have control at the right moments. That's the best I can believe for now. You seem like you're at a good point. Keep balancing it out for as long as you can. It's really not something you want to depend on the pain is too much for "painklilers." PAINCAUSERS. Just always watch out and analyze if it's getting to become an issue.

Last edited: