• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone dosage question

Blueteva

Greenlighter
If I regularly take 30mg and occasionally take 40 mg or take 10mg about an hour and a half after taking 30mg how much would you say I could be able to push it up to and take at once without having to worry about o'ding

Also I would also not like to nod, I never nodded ever off any dose of hydro or oxy and don't want to, the closest I ever came to doing so was more then likely because I didn't sleep well that night and was late to work so I didn't have my regular 1 or 2 coffee/energy drinks

How often is regularly? On occasion? Daily? Every so many hours for pain control? Without knowing more information it's difficult to give you dosing assistance. What effect are you trying to get out of increasing your dose? Is it for pain control or recreation? If you don't like to "nod" or feel sedated from the oxy what increased effect are you wanting that you feel the 30mg does not give you? Are you taking it orally?

Barring knowing the answers to the above, increasing your dose by 10-15mg every hour or so should give you a fairly good idea of the effects of that dose. You can always take more, never less.

I agree with maggells, a good rule of thumb is wait at least an hour before redosing, instant release oxy usually takes effect by 1 hour so you will know if you've had enough or not. Start with 30 mg, add no more than 10 mg once every hour.

I have been prescribed Oxy for approximately 7 months and I still nod of 25-35 mgs. The most I would take is 40mg so when I do come off the withdrawals won't be as bad as taking a higher dose (or so I hope).