• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone anxiety/panic attack

thizzlemonster86

Bluelighter
hi guys i recently had a anxiety/panic attack from taking about 50mg of oxycodone. i have been taking methadone for a few weeks before this. i can normally take a lot more oxy that that with no negative side affects. i also smoked a bit of medical cannabis that was pretty strong. i might add that i hadnt smoked for about 2 weeks before this so my tolerance to weed was very low. im wondering if it was the weed or the oxy that started the worst panic attack iv ever had. it was like those panic attacks you get sometimes on the come up of a strong dose of MDMA x2. it was pretty bad. im jus wondering cause iv read that others have had panic attacks from oxy before. its just weird cause iv taken much more than 50mg before an i was fine. it was very wierd and kinda jus wanted to see if anyone else got this before or what people think about this.

I'd say it was the weed. I've had a couple incidents combining the two, it sucks getting put into an attack and knowing for safety reasons you can't take a benzo to calm down.

Was probably the weed with it, made the oxy seem stronger. I know that feeling, where you feel so sedated and your legs can barely move. Next time just do the oxy alone and do like 40mg?

Like the answers above, it was probably weed. I dont smoke weed anymore period. Simply because i get terrible anxiety and depression from that shit. It can cause many people panic attacks and such. Have you ever gotten anxiety or anything from weed?

yeah iv gotten panic attacks from weed before. i kinda thought it was the weed but wasnt sure. im gonna try 20mg right now. ill report back in an hour.

oh not sure if i matters but the oxy i took was the oxycodone HCI ER. the little 5mg ones that say 223. pill identifier said oxycodone HCI. its wierd though cause there was no picture. so im not positive on that. can anyonw confirm those?

its also wierd that i got an attack from the weed. usually i can smoke and im fine. maybe weed jus isnt for me anymore and im gettin too old for that shit lol.

most likely was the weed. how do you know your weed is medical grade? do you live in a MMJ state like colorado? if not then there is no way to tell how 'medical grade' your buds are, you can speculate and come to a hypothesized conclusion by judging looks, smell, density, ect.. but you will never be exact.

I think its difficult to say but any experience with anxiety when weed is in the picture can probably be blamed at least partly on the weed. However, I get anxiety on oxy even when I'm not smoking at the same time with it.

ok so oxy can cause anxiety. see thats so wierd cause iv taken waaaay more than that before. i might add that i was on 0 hours of sleep from the night before. not sure if the lack of sleep could have something to do with it.

another random wierd thing is my hands mostly my right one are numb and tingly lately(prior to the oxy).

i still feel kinda wierd today too. alot better than last night but jus off kinda. it feel like that weed was laced with something. but im not sure if that can happen with medical cannabis. and like i said i was with my friend when he bought it at the club.

well i took 15mg of an OP and bite half of a 5mg ER. i know that when you crush or break the ER ones the are no longer ER anymore right?

oh lol no i wouldnt do that lol. but even if it was from the club. something was kinda wierd about that weed maybe? maybe it was laced with something? is that possible bro?

I dunno if it was just the weed to blame. Oxy also causes anxiety, and just recently I've been wondering the same actually although I've been mixing it with dexedrine. I suffered a terrible panic attack after mixing my usual 20mg dose of dex with 60mg of oxy (took the oxy an hour after, chewed up an OC and panic attack happened 30mins after ingestion), I thought that I'd overdosed and was about to die! I quickly tried to control myself and my breathing, and realised it was a panic attack, and it's strange as I've never suffered from them before in my life. It was also contributed to sleep deprivation and stress at the time I think, I'd had about 4-5 hours sleep the night before and that was doped up on benzos because I had to study, and I took the oxy after having an incredibly stressful and tormenting talk with someone about my past.

I researched oxy more thoroughly after this, I always knew it increased dopamine but not to this extent, and saw that many other people had suffered them while taking oxy too. It was really bizzare, but it's due to its stimulatory effects as it is sourced from thebaine as I found out. I guess like every other drug it can have it's paradoxical reactions too. So much for it doping and chilling me out like it usually did.

I have used oxy after this experience even in higher doses and mixed with dexedrine, and actually haven't had the same reaction again. I'm hoping it was just a one off.

how much does it take to over dose on oxy? iv taken more than 100mg at one time back when i was taken a lot of oxy but i had a bit of a break from the oxy for about a couple weeks cause iv jus been taken methadone instead. i think i like methadone a lot more than oxy an will probably switch back to it from now on.

I dunno if it was just the weed to blame. Oxy also causes anxiety, and just recently I've been wondering the same actually although I've been mixing it with dexedrine. I suffered a terrible panic attack after mixing my usual 20mg dose of dex with 60mg of oxy (took the oxy an hour after, chewed up an OC and panic attack happened 30mins after ingestion), I thought that I'd overdosed and was about to die! I quickly tried to control myself and my breathing, and realised it was a panic attack, and it's strange as I've never suffered from them before in my life. It was also contributed to sleep deprivation and stress at the time I think, I'd had about 4-5 hours sleep the night before and that was doped up on benzos because I had to study, and I took the oxy after having an incredibly stressful and tormenting talk with someone about my past.

I researched oxy more thoroughly after this, I always knew it increased dopamine but not to this extent, and saw that many other people had suffered them while taking oxy too. It was really bizzare, but it's due to its stimulatory effects as it is sourced from thebaine as I found out. I guess like every other drug it can have it's paradoxical reactions too. So much for it doping and chilling me out like it usually did.

I have used oxy after this experience even in higher doses and mixed with dexedrine, and actually haven't had the same reaction again. I'm hoping it was just a one off.

yeah that is all the shit i read too. so now im not sure if it was the weed or the oxy lol. maybe a combo of the 2 was a really bad idea. idk bro this is some wierd shit cause i never thought i would have a anxiety attack from oxy

Nobody can tell you how much you specifically will have to take to overdose. It's also not good to lul yourself into a sense of security that because "one time I took 100mg ill be fine if I do it again", people I know have taken the same dose they had done the day before and died from doing so. Tolerance, environment and physical response to it all have to be taken into account. Personally, I have a hefty tolerance though, I still take for me a safe dose of 50mg and work up from there every 30mins-hour, as I've overdosed on opiates and benzos in the past and never want to repeat it. As a fellow bluelighter once said, you can always put more in but never take it out. Be safe and know your limits.

Oxy is bastard too. It leads you to believe you haven't taken very much (or as much as you want) because it is somewhat stimulating. Achieving a nod on oxy is dangerous and in my experience difficult to do safely. I think a lot of people believe it is much like a typical opiate such as codeine, morphine or heroin when in reality it's not. I've only tried morphine, dihydrocodiene, diconal and codeine and the highs are completely different.

I think it was the combination of both drugs that lead you to experience a panic attack. I know when I've smoked weed after taking dex, which also boosts dopamine, never an anxiety attack but full blown psychosis. At least oxy is somewhat calming and you're lucky in that. When I've smoked weed and taking oxy I've hallucinated. Perhaps it's just me - but the hallucinations were NOT pleasant at all, I'm talking centipedes crawling up the wall. The only solitude I had was that the oxy was calming me down somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody can tell you how much you specifically will have to take to overdose. It's also not good to lul yourself into a sense of security that because "one time I took 100mg ill be fine if I do it again", people I know have taken the same dose they had done the day before and died from doing so. Tolerance, environment and physical response to it all have to be taken into account. Personally, I have a hefty tolerance though, I still take for me a safe dose of 50mg and work up from there every 30mins-hour, as I've overdosed on opiates and benzos in the past and never want to repeat it. As a fellow bluelighter once said, you can always put more in but never take it out. Be safe and know your limits.

Oxy is bastard too. It leads you to believe you haven't taken very much (or as much as you want) because it is somewhat stimulating. Achieving a nod on oxy is dangerous and in my experience difficult to do safely. I think a lot of people believe it is much like a typical opiate such as codeine, morphine or heroin when in reality it's not. I've only tried morphine, dihydrocodiene, diconal and codeine and the highs are completely different.

I think it was the combination of both drugs that lead you to experience a panic attack. I know when I've smoked weed after taking dex, which also boosts dopamine, never an anxiety attack but full blown psychosis. At least oxy is somewhat calming and you're lucky in that. When I've smoked weed and taking oxy I've hallucinated. Perhaps it's just me - but the hallucinations were NOT pleasant at all, I'm talking centipedes crawling up the wall. The only solitude I had was that the oxy was calming me down somewhat.

ok thanks for that info bro. im gonna be more careful now for sure. but yeah i dont think oxy is for me anymore. im going back to my methadone lol.

No problem. Just stay safe and know your limits. Oxy is my 3rd or 4th favourite drug and I adore downers, but it's one to be careful with as with any other.

If you take oxy again I suggest you just don't smoke weed with it. It will probably be a lot more enjoyable.

Yes 20mg of oxy should be fine. It will probably not do that much if you have a tolerance though, I'm supposing you do due to methadone use, but then again you will most likely still have a lot of methadone in your system. Wait for an hour in my opinion and see how you feel.

can anyone confirm the little round white ones that say 223 are infact 5mg oxycodone HCI?

another side note, this was my first time taking the little white ones so not sure if there is something going on there or not. is there a big difference between the 2?

could it be because i have been on methadone for a while?