• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Oxycodone alternative ?

I was recently given a script for 60 tablets a month which works fine but I’m not thrilled about taking 19,500 mg of Tylenol a month (that’s gotta be hard on the body ),which alternative could I be offered that’ll be just as effective without the aspirin,Tylenol combination,I’m not interested in extended release options ,just looking for alternatives I can research before my next appointment.. Thank you

I was recently given a script for 60 tablets a month which works fine but I’m not thrilled about taking 19,500 mg of Tylenol a month (that’s gotta be hard on the body ),which alternative could I be offered that’ll be just as effective without the aspirin,Tylenol combination,I’m not interested in extended release options ,just looking for alternatives I can research before my next appointment.. Thank you
Oxy 30 mg IR ( blues ). Pure oxy. Probably won't get them though.

Only other alternative is to CWE your tablets.

At least you got some meds. Hard work in this day and age. Good luck.

Or....I think hydrocodone comes with a ibuprofen base. Vicoprofen i think they are called. Maybe some of the lesser used ones nowadays like demerol, or some kind of morphine IR. Can't think of the older pills Dr.s used to prescribe that weren't combined with tylenol or aspirin.

Oxy 30 mg IR ( blues ). Pure oxy. Probably won't get them though.

Only other alternative is to CWE your tablets.

At least you got some meds. Hard work in this day and age. Good luck.
I’ll never get them I agree ,
I’ve done CWE with other meds before but was never really confident it eliminated the Tylenol only because it seems to simple ,very inconvenient too
Are other meds out of the question because they’re easily abuse-able ? If so I understand

CWE your tablets.
This

I'm not totally sure what you're asking tho.

Personally, if I was you, I wouldn't say anything for fear or doc thinking I'm drug seeking. But you know your doc.

CWE is very simple indeed, but also works very well and is effective. The science is quite basic. Opioids are not water soluble, Tylenol is. I'm sure it doesn't get 100% of it out, but 95% is just as good.

This

I'm not totally sure what you're asking tho.

Personally, if I was you, I wouldn't say anything for fear or doc thinking I'm drug seeking. But you know your doc.

CWE is very simple indeed, but also works very well and is effective. The science is quite basic. Opioids are not water soluble, Tylenol is. I'm sure it doesn't get 100% of it out, but 95% is just as good.
That sounds backwards,opiates are water soluble,Tylenol aint
Roxi’s,hydromorphone,morphine sulfate dissolve in water

Or....I think hydrocodone comes with a ibuprofen base. Vicoprofen i think they are called. Maybe some of the lesser used ones nowadays like demerol, or some kind of morphine IR. Can't think of the older pills Dr.s used to prescribe that weren't combined with tylenol or aspirin.
I only know of a few that don’t contain neither but I think they’re dispensed for more serious conditions.thank you

Dihydrocodeine and Hydrocodone are good alternatives to Oxycodone. I'd choose DHC and Hydros over Morphine anyday!

Dihydrocodeine and Hydrocodone are good alternatives to Oxycodone. I'd choose DHC and Hydros over Morphine anyday!
I bought a couple boxes of dhc while traveling and didn’t really think to much of them but they did help my back,according to Google hydrocodone has Tylenol also unless they make it without out also

I asked my pharmacist if they make oxycodone without the Tylenol and he said yes but it’s gotta be ordered and takes three days tops to get.I didn’t wanna push it by keep asking questions but I think he’s talking about 10 mg OxyContin but aren’t 5hose all XR and taper proof nowadays or is there something else?

I asked my pharmacist if they make oxycodone without the Tylenol and he said yes but it’s gotta be ordered and takes three days tops to get.I didn’t wanna push it by keep asking questions but I think he’s talking about 10 mg OxyContin but aren’t 5hose all XR and taper proof nowadays or is there something else?
Oxycontin these days are super antiabuse, nothing like pre 2012 batch. Those were the days...