• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxy, history of alcohol, what next?

Axolotln

Bluelighter
So I’ve been on Oxycodone almost daily for 1.5 years, switched to other opioids a couple times in between but mostly Oxycodone. Prior to this I did have a drinking problem but I stopped drinking when I started taking higher doses of the oxy as I didn’t ‘need to’ anymore. Point is I’m out of the oxy and not likely to get anymore, so in my mind I’m battling excessive drinking - so I haven’t had a sip/drink yet, I’ve tried some NSAID and anti-inflammatories but they don’t help the pain, and definitely don’t do what I was using alcohol or oxy for. Before I start drinking again (longest I’ve not drank since I was a child), is there anything I can do to help with pain or mind? Not interested in weed, Kratom not available where I am, and the medical system have switched my care to NSAIDS.

Definitely buprenorphine or methadone

Don't drink alcohol when withdrawals are present, you'll already be dehydrated due to shitting constantly

Also nice kitty :)

my shit fine tbh, only got messy once and been smooth ever since, only been about 3-4 days off oxy though. Muscle pain Weird spasming is the worst symptom.

I don’t have access to bup or methodone, my doctors have me on NSAIDS that only give me a stomach cramp on top of being in Pain and cognitive. I’m not willing to obtain oxy from illegitimate sources, but I know it worked for everything. I can obtain Benzos but they haven’t worked for me for pain or mental relief.

I would already be drinking if I didn’t know it causes hell for me in the long run, in many ways.

So I’ve been on Oxycodone almost daily for 1.5 years, switched to other opioids a couple times in between but mostly Oxycodone. Prior to this I did have a drinking problem but I stopped drinking when I started taking higher doses of the oxy as I didn’t ‘need to’ anymore. Point is I’m out of the oxy and not likely to get anymore, so in my mind I’m battling excessive drinking - so I haven’t had a sip/drink yet, I’ve tried some NSAID and anti-inflammatories but they don’t help the pain, and definitely don’t do what I was using alcohol or oxy for. Before I start drinking again (longest I’ve not drank since I was a child), is there anything I can do to help with pain or mind? Not interested in weed, Kratom not available where I am, and the medical system have switched my care to NSAIDS.
Can you order Kratom online? It would really help withdrawal symptoms and curb the desire to drink. I’m sure there are websites to order from, but I don’t know how it’s regulated so maybe I’m wrong. I buy it from my local smoke shop.

Can you order Kratom online? It would really help withdrawal symptoms and curb the desire to drink. I’m sure there are websites to order from, but I don’t know how it’s regulated so maybe I’m wrong. I buy it from my local smoke shop.
If the OP is in Australia or the United Kingdom they don't have access to kratom. Damn shame isn't it as it would help them so much ! I got clean with the help of it and I know others have too. It sucks that it's illegal in those 2 places.

Makes me real thankful I am in the US. I get mine from a smoke shop too. Everyone says it's mostly bunk but I have found some good brands in there. Some good...some not so good. Just like online vendors. Not all of them are good either. Trial and error is the only way to know.

If the OP is in Australia or the United Kingdom they don't have access to kratom. Damn shame isn't it as it would help them so much ! I got clean with the help of it and I know others have too. It sucks that it's illegal in those 2 places.

Makes me real thankful I am in the US. I get mine from a smoke shop too. Everyone says it's mostly bunk but I have found some good brands in there. Some good...some not so good. Just like online vendors. Not all of them are good either. Trial and error is the only way to know.
Lyricaaaaaa and gabapentin, weed products, benzos. damn, all the drugs that help are addictive:( but they aren't as toxic as alcohol at least.... I wonder when are they gonna make bloody heroin for prescription available.....we need it real bad.

So one can’t order online in those places? Illegal to have it shipped? It’s such a shame. I use kratom every morning when I get up for chronic pain.

I really don’t get why people don’t take pods seriously, well I kinda get it for a long time I thought “I do heroin brah pods won’t do shit for me” but even after a gram a day heroin habit pods will knock out wd no problem, and not even that much of the extract is needed 1-2tsp

I really don’t get why people don’t take pods seriously, well I kinda get it for a long time I thought “I do heroin brah pods won’t do shit for me” but even after a gram a day heroin habit pods will knock out wd no problem, and not even that much of the extract is needed 1-2tsp
How do you get pods?

And a gram a day is on the low end lol

And a gram a day is on the low end lol
Maybe if your rich, it’s more then most people around here …I don’t know how many people can afford a 560$ a week habit without selling in which case a dealer is the exception , and I’m talking real heroin, not that cheap fent shit..think before you try to sound cool buddy

Last edited:

Australia 🧘🏼‍♂️ Also, I made it out. Not sure how long for this time but I’m out of withdrawal and alive.

And a gram a day is on the low en
Maybe if your rich, it’s more then most people around here …I don’t know how many people can afford a 560$ a week habit without selling in which case a dealer is the exception , and I’m talking real heroin, not that cheap fent shit..think before you try to sound cool buddy
Not sounding "cool" buddy. I'm not talking about price. I was just saying a gram a day isn't a HUGE habit...which is a good thing. Easier to kick than someone doing 4 grams a day. Calm down "buddy". Everyone on this site is so damn touchy lately. I was trying to help the OP, but you wanna argue about what constitutes a significant heroin habit. lol

Not sounding "cool" buddy. I'm not talking about price. I was just saying a gram a day isn't a HUGE habit...which is a good thing. Easier to kick than someone doing 4 grams a day. Calm down "buddy". Everyone on this site is so damn touchy lately. I was trying to help the OP, but you wanna argue about what constitutes a significant heroin habit. lol
How can you not be talking about price when you have to buy the dope…I’m sure there are people who do more as Iv had a bigger habit than a gram a day, but it is not “on the low end” by any stretch of the meaning, a gram a day is a significant habit, and the wd are about as bad as they can get, any real dope user will tell you the same

How can you not be talking about price when you have to buy the dope…I’m sure there are people who do more as Iv had a bigger habit than a gram a day, but it is not “on the low end” by any stretch of the meaning, a gram a day is a significant habit, and the wd are about as bad as they can get, any real dope user will tell you the same
perhaps I was a fake dope user. good to know.

Has your pain left ? I didn't know if you had a pain condition to begin with

No. I’m actually in a lot of pain on a constant basis. I am trialling two new-to-me medicines targeted for my sort of pain and functional issues, however no relief as of yet for my initial condition. Luckily I cannot work due to covid so no pressure to function- however I am not camping happy. I will continue this new stuff for the next two weeks to give it a real go, unless I give up again. I’ve trialled other treatments several times over the years, I do physical/manual therapies, my condition is degenerative so it’s more a quality of life argument, something something function - it’s an ongoing unknown for me.

When a person has a chronic painful degenerative condition they should be able to take a pain med. If they have tried other things and they don't work what else is there but suffering ? Doesn't make for a pleasant life. Makes me so angry. That's why we have pain meds. The guy that sets the guidelines I read is a strong advocate to eliminate pain meds. That is frightening for people in pain and not right
Gotta agree, it's fkd up.... there's a reason why pain meds exist ffs 😡

I’m back on oxy. Couldn’t leave the house without it.. finally showered today.. ate food too, a piece of toast but still, to feel human again.. I guess either way I lose?