Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Oxy binge and Suboxone

Bubblegummer

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I've been on a bit of an oxy binge lately taking 30-40mg a day crushing them for the quick release and have come to an end of my stash and want to know how much Suboxone to take to stem the wdls? I have 2mg wafers but have cut some up to be 0.5mg bits.

I've been taking he oxy for about 10 days or so and after my last binge I used small doses of Oxy to just keep the main wdls at bay and that worked well but I've only got about 20mg total to taper off with but was thinking about just using the Subs but don't want to take too much so I bugger up or get sick.

Thanks!

Just start low and work your way up in dosage if you start withdrawing. 0.5 is a good place to start - or perhaps even lower.

Do you have an opiate habit, or have you just had a 10 day binge? Because if it is the latter, you shouldnt have developed a physical dependance in 10 days...

Just start low and work your way up in dosage if you start withdrawing. 0.5 is a good place to start - or perhaps even lower.

Do you have an opiate habit, or have you just had a 10 day binge? Because if it is the latter, you shouldnt have developed a physical dependance in 10 days...

It was originally a huge habit but I stopped for over a year though the last month or two I've been having binges here and there that are usually a few days but this last one has been longer.

Even with prior habits, i think you might be ok re: withdrawals from 10 days of use. Depends on individual metabolism, i think.

If i were you i would probably see how i went without subs, before taking any.
If you don't get significant wd, maybe save them for another time.

10 days could easily be enough to build up to moderate w/d if you've done it often enough before. I'm not sure how much literature there is on the subject, but my experience (and that of a lot of other people I've spoken to) has been that opiate withdrawal has an effect similar to the kindling ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative-hypnotic_withdrawal) ) effect in GABAergic withdrawal.

I know that when I first started opiates I could go for 1 - 2 months and experience very minor, if any, withdrawal (bit of fatigue and tension) afterwards, a few years later and 4 - 5 days of heavy use was enough that I'd feel crappy for 48 hours or so (not the full Trainspotting experience, but definite sweating, fatigue, muscle aches and fairly intense depression).

They would be very mild withdrawls at most. There is absolutely no need to taper off with suboxone, doing so will do more harm than good.