• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy 80 "chunk" equation

This is unsound reasoning - It is ubiquitous in pill manufacture to have multiple layers in the pills with different concentrations. For an extreme example, see concerta. Even with non-time-release pills, it's not uncommon for them to have a (usually thin) outer layer with very little of the drug (and better mechanical characteristics).

These of course would be fine to break as long as the break is along the axis of the pill, but people slicing oxy's up probably aren't being too careful what angle they cut it at >.>

My point, really, was that using weight gives a false sense of certainty about dosage. It's better than eyeballing, but it could be deceptive, especially if using lots of little pieces (it also provides a chance for a dealer, who knows what parts are "better" to rip you off, by giving you bits and pieces of the less-concentrated part of the pill, billing as the fraction of a pill by weight - keeping the good part for themselves.

From reading your post I will assume you do not have extended first hand knowledge regarding the pills in question. I have been around them for well over 10 years (only started actually using them excessively the last year or so), and can tell you that they are not layered, but uniform throughout the entire pill, if there were any doubts that one piece may be layered or more concentrated, then crush it all into powder, mix it evenly then weigh your piece lol.

Also if an OC80 is supposed to be 20mg instant release 60mg timed release, you'd very likely have layers to achieve that.
That is the first time I have heard of OC80 being 20mg IR and 60mg CR, if you could site that, I would be very interested in reading more about it. If this is the case, it may be due to the larger surface area of the pill that is exposed at the beginning of digestion, as the pill gets smaller, less and less surface area is available, rather than "layers" maybe that's it but I can only speculate.

-Noddy

Capt. Heroin, thank you and also I apologize, I either missed or did not read that you weren't allowed to discuss other threads, regardless of the topic (prices etc). I will have to go back over the guidelines again tonight to see what else I may have missed.

-Noddy

actually, you are misunderstanding what the captain was saying. he NEVER said..."you cannot discuss any other threads regardless of the topic".
Where did you get the idea that thats what he said? He typed it out plain in front of you....

Please don't post prices.

If someone else post prices, don't discuss it or quote them!

So in case you didnt understand that a second time, ill remind you....

You are NOT allowed to discuss prices whatsoever on Bluelight. But, you MAY discuss other threads if you wish as long as you are not breaking any of BL's rules by doing so. Simple as that.

I hope you understand more clearly now.

actually, you are misunderstanding what the captain was saying. he NEVER said..."you cannot discuss any other threads regardless of the topic".
Where did you get the idea that thats what he said? He typed it out plain in front of you....

So in case you didnt understand that a second time, ill remind you....

You are NOT allowed to discuss prices whatsoever on Bluelight. But, you MAY discuss other threads if you wish as long as you are not breaking any of BL's rules by doing so. Simple as that.

I hope you understand more clearly now.

Thanks for clarifying JB.

I think that the idea he had was from the old Price Threads that we no longer have. He must have meant he thought he wasn't allowed to discuss prices in the price thread outside of the price thread (which was true when we had the price threads).

I at least THINK this is where he was coming from.

I have to concurr with RedRum- that is some pretty hood shit, breaking OC's into uneven chunks and selling them as "chunks." I never would've even fathomed such a thing.

If I were ya'll, I'd give up on OxyContin already and just sniff out some fucking dope.

^It is hood, The reason for this is if you take a little chip out of every pill, such as a quarter of a roxi. You will have a shit load of little blue peaces left when you run out. I've never heard of people buying the little chunks. I would just quit and save my money.

well i know that a junky wouls buy a piece of oxy like theres no tommorow if the opportunity came across Done it myself, and witnessed it on many occassions.

i like how people are acting like buying a chunk of a pill is so odd, or ghetto.....the people who are saying this are the ones still using street drugs.....and those are actually cut.....what a double standard

^What I meant was that I think it's ridiculous that dealers, in the interest of selling their product (pills in this case) have resorted to breaking pills into chunks just to move them. When people couldn't afford cocaine back when, along came crack, in small affordable portions, and as it were, from the less affluent neighborhoods of urban areas. I'm not trying to make some major correlation between selling broken up OC's and crack; I just can't help but notice the similarity.

I myself haven't used street drugs in a year and a half, though I do see your point. Although breaking up a pill into chunks is different than cutting H/Coke/Meth, whatever. Not that it's better or worse in any way, just different. And in my opinion, well, it just seems silly. That's just me. If you can no longer afford to buy a whole pill ie support your habit, either quit or find a new DOC.

Last edited:
I used to chop some of the OCs I would get to an acquaintance of mine who was a total junkie fiend, he would come to me with 15 or 30 bucks looking for a quarter or half pill, and you better believe I would cut 'em in half down the middle and shave a 5-10mg line for myself off the flat edge of each half. I know it was a dick move, but whatever, we both got high and he couldn't tell the difference.

Another friend of mine sells Adderall XR and one time when I was at his place, I watched him carefully open up all 30 capsules and pour maybe 10% of the beads out of each one into a little baggie that he was saving for himself. Fuckin' lol.

You'd think buying pills would be foolproof, but it ain't.

I am wondering if the pills are already de-coated or not when then are sold as chunnks?

well i know that a junky wouls buy a piece of oxy like theres no tommorow if the opportunity came across Done it myself, and witnessed it on many occassions.

So true... When I was in my teen years I used to trade my starbucks cards during x-mas for little "pieces" or "chunks" of my friends 80's when I ran out... It's insane the odd things that become drug money.

(was this talking about prices?? I hope not since I didn't list numbers or anything... if so.. sorry moderator.)

I havent ran into anyone selling cut up pieces of oxys. Since the oxys are Op's now, the price shouldnt even come into question. The new Op's in my area are selling for a 1/3rd of the price of the OC's. Yes, an 80mg OP goes for 1/3rd of what an 80mg OC went for.

^ also if you cut a pill (80) in half....you get 40...and then in half again...you get 20mg..... it has to be consistent.....

edit...at JB

Only if there is a score on the pill does it have to contain the same amount in different parts of the pill... Some will have this happen just by virtue of how they are made, but it is not a requirement unless the pill is designed to be split (in which case scores would be added).

In all my years of doing OC, I never heard of anyone selling or even splitting a pill into a half, let alone chunks. I think it's kinda funny that people can't afford a whole 80 but they can afford a mg/mcg scale.

In all my years of doing OC, I never heard of anyone selling or even splitting a pill into a half, let alone chunks. I think it's kinda funny that people can't afford a whole 80 but they can afford a mg/mcg scale.

There should be no reason to split any of the new formulation oxys (OP's) because their price is very low.

And in my opinion, well, it just seems silly. That's just me. If you can no longer afford to buy a whole pill ie support your habit, either quit or find a new DOC.

Quit? Yeah right. :|

I would buy a piece if I were desperate or in withdrawal. I would want the coating to be on the pill, just so I know I'm getting a piece of an 80 or whatever dose.

I'd be in hell if I was still using 80s--I did two at a time, five or six times a day. that's proof of my stupidity (as opposed to pride in that). the oxy habit grows faster than anything I've ever experienced to those who have access.

I guess a chunk is better than nothing, but I think at that point I would have checked into some kind of detox or maintenance.

Selling chunks of a pill?? That is some hood rat shit that no one who started doing pills would expect to start buying. Sounds like buying some rock or somethig you never know how much your gonna get until you weigh it. Congrats on figuring the weight to mg ratio

OK, so all too often where I live, OC is ever rising in price.

Because of this, dealers are losing a lot of business. So to help the situation, dealers are starting to break them down and sell quarters, halves or just a "chunk" of a pill. Being that it is far more affordable to buy smaller amounts. I often find myself in this situation where I am forced to purchase a piece cuz I simply don't have the cash to get a whole one.

I also find that the pieces vary in size from time to time since cutting them is not easy and often times the cut ends up uneven or the pill breaks in an unexpected way, leaving oddball pieces. It is hard to sell these pieces without knowing how much is in them, considering they are generally X$ per mg (according to the 2010 price thread here on BL), and people want to get what they pay for. It can make a big difference and add up fast with 10mg here and 10mg there going un-noticed.

Since it seems the most common form available around here are OC 80's, I will be talking about the original formulation that Ethex now distributes.

Method:
I took one 80mg Oxycontin, peeled the coating off and weighed the pill. The scale I used is fairly accurate, and gave me a reading of 250mg. I then worked this into a simple algebra equation, and also made a chart.

a = known Amount of drug
w = known Weight of pill
p = known weight of your Piece in mg's
x = how many mg's of oxycodone you have (the answer)

(a) = 80mg
(w) = 250mg

If you know algebra then I need to explain no further, however for the rest of you out there, here is how it works. It is very simple really, don't let the letters confuse you, it's just a shorter way to write out the math.

Equation: (a) * (p) / (w) = (x)

Example: you have a chunk that weighs approx 50mg, work this into the equation, take 80(a) X 50(p), = 4000, now divide that by 250(w), this equals exactly 16mg of oxycodone.

Math is fun and helpful in many respects, I use this equation for many applications, but found it very handy for this considering I like to know how much of a drug I am using, and not just guessing.

Here is a short chart of some examples:

Chunk(mg) = Drug(mg)

10 = 3.2
20 = 6.4
30 = 9.6
40 = 12.8
50 = 16
60 = 19.2
70 = 22.4
80 = 25.6
90 = 28.8
100 = 32
120 = 38.4
140 = 44.8
160 = 51.2
180 = 57.6
200 = 64
220 = 70.4
240 = 76.8
250 = 80

It's nice to have a quick reference so you don't have to plug in numbers over and over. I am not sure how much this will help others, but I found it useful and decided to share.

Any comments or thoughts are always nice, if I have broken any forum guide-lines I apologize, I am fairly confident that I didn't break any rules but if I did please let me know so I don't accidentally repeat the mistake =D

-Noddy

Instead of making it into a huge confusing algebra equation, some people may find it easier by finding a simple ratio. So for ever 250mg there are 80mg of active ingredient; obviously if you divide those numbers ( 80/250 ) you get a ratio of percent purity--which will always be the same using the same kind of tab. You can then multiply by any weight and it gives you the amount of active ingredient in your "chunk"