• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Oxy 30s for Tapentadol detox

althea16

Bluelighter
I understand that this is probably a very dumb question. But, I have been continuing to struggle with Tapentadol withdrawal and detox (again!). I find tapering to be very difficult because the effects of Tapentadol wear off very quickly and I always end up taking more because of the gross feeling that starts after only about an hour. I have a few Oxy 30mg tablets around that I have never tried. I have never taken an Oxy ever before. I’m wondering if taking one of these would help in tapering the Tapentadol since the effect may last much longer and I wouldn’t crave more so quickly. Would this even help my withdrawals since it’s substituting one opioid for another??
Is there any logic to this plan?

I understand that this is probably a very dumb question.
I am of the opinion that there are only dumb answers. ;)
On to your question of using oxy to help get off Tapentadol....
Are these oxy pills prescription would be my first question.
My reply would be not really as the oxy would have a shorter half life.

I am of the opinion that there are only dumb answers. ;)
On to your question of using oxy to help get off Tapentadol....
Are these oxy pills prescription would be my first question.
My reply would be not really as the oxy would have a shorter half life.
They are not prescription but have tested negative for fentanyl with test strips.

if you find a proper conversion calculator, I find outside of duration they substitute for each other pretty well. Personally, tramadol and tapentadol and kratom have WORSE withdrawals for me than traditional opioids - I don't like things with added serotonin effects etc, makes for a miserable withdrawal. In those cases I always cross over to a "normal" opioid at the end. ofc that requires having a decent supply of medically clean material. But yeah, as long as you figure out the conversion and don't up your dose, it's fine imo. If I were you and I had a bunch I'd be crossing over to em and dropping the dose of oxy, which I have always found to be an easily taperable opioid with a decent half life/effect ratio. also - black seed oil and ultra low dose naltrexone help a LOT.

Is there a taper plan you are following with the tapentadol or are you just trying to quit outright?

Yeah probably break one of those 30s in half(15mg) or a quarter(7.5) and see how much it helps and just try to avoid falling back or taking more..stock up on some imodium, kratom, benzos, maybe some muscle relaxers and ibuprofen.

Is there a taper plan you are following with the tapentadol or are you just trying to quit outright?
I’m trying to quit and get this crap out of my life while at the same time loving them. I know it’s a dead end road and need to stop. I can’t believe I let it go this far!
I wake up feeling awful every single day and do not feel relief until I take some. I cannot go on like this! I want so bad to go back to how it was before I ever tried them!

Last edited:
I would avoid the oxycodone since in reality, as a stronger opioid, it won't help you taper off but rather dig you a deeper hole that will be harder to get out of. The resulting withdrawal will be substantially worse. Perhaps get some immodium (loperamide) and use that to taper off. Perhaps start at 16 2mg pills, going down one pill everyday.

I would avoid the oxycodone since in reality, as a stronger opioid, it won't help you taper off but rather dig you a deeper hole that will be harder to get out of. The resulting withdrawal will be substantially worse. Perhaps get some immodium (loperamide) and use that to taper off. Perhaps start at 16 2mg pills, going down one pill everyday.
Does the effect of the oxycodones last longer than Tapentadol? I seem to crave more Tapentadol after only an hour and a half. If the effects of Oxycodone lasts longer then I may be able to get away with taking less overall opioids throughout the day. Is this a reasonable thought?

Last edited:
Does the effect of the oxycodones last longer than Tapentadol? I seem to crave more Tapentadol after only an hour and a half. If the effects of Oxycodone lasts longer then I may be able to get away with taking less overall opioids throughout the day. Is this a reasonable thought?
Is there a doctor involved with these substances? If so maybe ask for an extended release formula so that the interdose withdrawals don't overwhelm and creat a situation that turns into impulsive dosing and a habit rather than an addiction/dependence.
If no doctor is involved I would suggest a tapering plan that is bearable to your specific needs.
Where are you at the moment with dosing and how often?