• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Oxa vs Tema

Campia

Greenlighter
I always tought, and was told by my GP as, oxazepam works long but slowly (good to keep things under control during the day) and temazepam works short but fast (good to calm down quickly). After reading some megathreads here, and doing some more comparison on the web, it seems not entirely true that oxazepam has a much longer half life and longer peak time than temazepam.

Now, which of the two is best to catch a panic attack? I always thought tema worked for a few hours, 3-4 max, whereas oxazepam would only start working after 2 or 3. Tables on the web, here and on other sites, seem to differ a lot.

Temazepam takes effect a lot faster than oxazepam, is relaxing, and actually has a decent duration-however, neither are great for panic attacks-you would need something like xanax(low-moderate dose) or Valium, both fastacting nedications, that wear off fairly quickly l with occasional use

Remenber that T1/2 and "duration of action" are two different things- oxazepam should hold longer than a single dose of of Valium or xanax, despite the elimination's that are listed

Have a comprehensive chart of benzodiazepines that is quite thorough could link too

Xanax is Alprazolam, an anxiolytic just like Klonopin / Rivotril is, which is Clonazepam which IME & IMHO works best for GAD/SAD when used subligual. Then there is Lorazepam but I don't think that's one of the main anxiolytics, correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Try searching Google for "Ashton manual" to get a complete manual about Benzodiazepines: how they work and how to withdrawal including list of half-lives etc. :)

-- Peace o/

^ Watch out, Ashton?s Manuel is a bit outdated and about tapering(under a questionable premise) though yes, though yes, it is worthy reading material especially as intro