• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Overheating on meth - risks?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Lately my joy in meth has been tempered by a significant overheating problem. It seems like the stuff I am getting now is much better than in the past and almost any amount causes me to break out in a sweat if I exert myself at all. Any energetic activity like walking the dog or fucking and I am literally pouring sweat - even though the psychological high is not excessive and I don’t otherwise feel overamped in any way.

My question is this overheating common to others and is it a sign you are in dangerous territory dosage wise?

Lately my joy in meth has been tempered by a significant overheating problem. It seems like the stuff I am getting now is much better than in the past and almost any amount causes me to break out in a sweat if I exert myself at all. Any energetic activity like walking the dog or fucking and I am literally pouring sweat - even though the psychological high is not excessive and I don’t otherwise feel overamped in any way.

My question is this overheating common to others and is it a sign you are in dangerous territory dosage wise?
Whilst I cannot comment on overheating on meth I can say That back in the mid 90s we would get really good E and folk were dropping like flies at the raves from overheating/dehydration what me and a load of friends would do is every time you would start feeling it come on stop dancing right away and go to the nearest tap and while sipping water slowly we would run our wrists palm side up under the cold tap
A marathon runner taught us this and I personally believe it saved me many times

I just spoke with an old buddy and he says it’s to do with the veins people slash to commit suicide running the cooled blood straight to the heart and through the body
Not sure all I can say is it’s an old rave trick from Scotland and it worked for us
Good luck and stay safe brother

Have you checked your body temperature? I think that is the most important parameter, excessive sweating is often correlated with that but not always.

I know hyperthermia dramatically increases the potential for neurotoxicity.
Although meth-induced hyperthermia seems to be less dangerous than MDMA hyperthermia, the latter can kill you pretty quickly from what I've read. But hyperthermia is never good, it's best to stay in a cool environment if you can.
You can also cool your head with ice-packs or stuff like that.

However, the most most dangerous sign is actually when you stop sweating, but your body temperature remains elevated. No more cooling = bad news.

Isn't it summer on your side of the world? Maybe the higher temperatures are also making you sweat more?

Meth makes me sweat more for sure, but most of the time is similar to normal sweating (like mostly on the armpits), it's not the kind of thing where I'm dreached in sweat.
But I actually experienced just that a few months ago when it was way too hot here (~35-38°C), for some reason I felt like I couldn't tolerate the heat this time around and was sweating buckets for like a week. I wasn't doing meth at that time though, I had some amphetamine sulfate stashed but didn't take any precisely because I felt like it would make me overheat even more.

Edit: Forgot to mention that paracetamol can decrease your body temperature (usually). Not sure if that would solve your issue though.

Last edited:
I get really sweaty if I go to work while I'm high, which is everytime. I have to take my temp everyday because of the covid and one time it showed I had a fever. They were going to send me home and I would have had to stay home for ten days, no pay. I convinced her I was just really hot and we took it again in an hour and it went down so she didnt send me home.
But anytime I get up and get active, i just start pouring sweat. My forehead gets wet, my armpit, back of my head. It's really gross.
And you know I'm on meds and cant hardly feel my high, so i could possibly be doing to much and not even realize it.

As odd as it sounds, I tend to get chilled and have to wear long sleeves especially if I take some in the morning. I think it has to do with hormones. Also I'm not a sweaty person and have naturally low blood pressure, but they say I'm healthy