• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Over a week Buprenorphine clean, 8 mg jump w/ very minimal withdrawal

Mf_Mayhem

Bluelighter
So I have been on Buprenorphine for roughly 9 months. There have been skipped days but not too often. I was in a point in my life where I was fucking miserable. I had everything to live for which I just neglected. I finally decided enough was enough and started working a 12 step program again. There I decided that I wanted to fucking stop Buprenorphine, as it's just another drug dealt by my dealing doctor. I also got laid off and lost my job so that was a contributing factor. I could've still gone to my appointment today but I chose not to.

After reading a shit ton of personal experiences with Buprenorphine withdrawal, I was scared shitless at first. Heard withdrawals were worst around day 5 to 8 days (oh shit I had a real promising interview on day 6) but I was determined to make it through. I guess I'm writing this post because you hear so many horror stories about sub withdrawal, especially at higher doses. In MY experience, that simply was NOT the case. Everyone is different and reacts differently to things, so you can't always rely on the Internet to determine your fate.

I had the help of my good friends Imodium, gabapentin, Benadryl, and aleve, along with my antidepressants of 10 mg celexa & 150 mg Wellbutrin. Here was my dosing schedule the first week:

AM- 6 Imodium, 2 Aleve, 1200 mg Gabapentin, my celexa, and Wellbutrin.

PM- repeat the Imodium, Aleve, gabapentin, and add Benadryl for sleep

Yes that's a fair dose of Imodium. However, higher doses of Imodium have synthetic opiate properties. The dose did not get me high by any stretch of the imagination. I took 12mg of Imodium in the AM and PM. Going much hire than that can be extremely dangerous so DO NOT attempt to eat a shitload of them in order to get high.

Anyhow, this method of worked beautifully for me. I did have some aches, a bit of RLS (arms and legs), a lot of yawning/watery eyes, and the need to stretch often. These were all extremely manageable, nothing of what I expected. I had energy to accomplish what I needed (like nailing my interview!), no cold flashes, no sweating, ability to eat, little to no depression/anxiety (more that I already am used to anyway) and most importantly, getting a decent amount of SLEEP! I'm truly amazed and grateful at my fortunate experience.

Another note is that I've been eating a healthy diet which includes a lot fish and veggies. I believe your diet is a participating factor during the process. Anyone undergoing this must try to eat, even if they don't feel like it. Healthy food is key, I did eat some candy one night and my stomach felt like dog shit the next day.

The last important factor is MIND over MATTER. That first night I was reading all of the horror stories in the Internet, I felt scared and hopeless. Then I decided I wasn't going to give two shits about what the Internet said. I was going to stay positive as long as possible and just listen to my own body and its needs. I think that helped.

Just wanted to share my story for someone who might be going through the same thing! Be strong, it's worth is!!!