• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Other drugs to use to get through opiate withdrawal?

Alright so a little side note, I am fairly experienced with opiate withdrawal, I've gone through it about 5 times from heroin to oxy to suboxone.

But every time I've detoxed it's been in a rehab or jail, this time I'll be on the street.

A little back story: my grandfather just passed away and he has $300,000 in his will for me. But one of the clauses is I must remain opiate free to receive it. I'm going to be drug tested weekly for a year and each week I pass the opiate screenings i will receive a portion of the money.

So by next Friday, and for the rest of this year I need to be clean from opiates. The lawyer told me he won't pull any strings for me but that my grandfather told him he didn't care about being positive for other drugs.

So this is the last day I'll be using heroin, and i work full time so I need to try and be functional for work without dope.

A few questions,

Could MDMA help with motivation and depression if i took it for a couple days of withdrawals?

What about cocaine?

And what is the best benzo for opiate withdrawal, I should be able to get my hands on Xanax, but I figured Valium would be better cause of the longer half life
Im gonna repeat myself again so sorry i do this in every what to use to detox from opiate thread . Get lyrica it is the best for it you will have no anxiety you will not have the fatigue you will still have a little back ache and sneeze like you do in wd but no mental anguish and energy it is a miricle for poiate wd

- Tramadol
- Pregabalin
- Clonazepam or Xanax (if you suffer insomnia)
Watch out for Tramadol turning up positive for opiates. There is some cross over in a lot of testing.

If you are SURE there is no problem with you taking other controlled substances, then you'll need lyrica (pregabalin) or gabapentin as a second choice if you can't get lyrica,

AND get immodium, and a benzo for the night.

Xanax may help you more in the short run since it's faster than valium - but you have a good point about the longer half life of valium. That's a personal thing to discover as you go along I guess.

You will probably need ibuprofen too and in the short term maybe some benadryl if your nose gets runny.

If you get terrible withdrawals and IF you cannot get lyrica, try to get some clonidine. I found it extremely helpful with withdrawal as well as soothing at night (without it being a benzo) and it won't turn up positive on a drug test. But it's a RX drug.

If you can get clonidine, you can probably get lyrica and ideally, both.

Not to sound judgy but you know, your grandfather obviously had a plan for you, right? What might that plan be?

Anyway, Good luck.

Watch out for Tramadol turning up positive for opiates. There is some cross over in a lot of testing.

If you are SURE there is no problem with you taking other controlled substances, then you'll need lyrica (pregabalin) or gabapentin as a second choice if you can't get lyrica,

AND get immodium, and a benzo for the night.

Xanax may help you more in the short run since it's faster than valium - but you have a good point about the longer half life of valium. That's a personal thing to discover as you go along I guess.

You will probably need ibuprofen too and in the short term maybe some benadryl if your nose gets runny.

If you get terrible withdrawals and IF you cannot get lyrica, try to get some clonidine. I found it extremely helpful with withdrawal as well as soothing at night (without it being a benzo) and it won't turn up positive on a drug test. But it's a RX drug.

If you can get clonidine, you can probably get lyrica and ideally, both.

Not to sound judgy but you know, your grandfather obviously had a plan for you, right? What might that plan be?

Anyway, Good luck.

Yeah and apparently it also gives false positives for PCP. :ROFLMAO:

About loperamide, what dosage do you recommend? or does it depend on the opioid and the dose the person was taking?

I don't know if it's a weird symptom or not, but my nose get more stuffy than runny nose. What can be used for that?

I wouldn't even mess with the loperamide. If you are shitting your pants, maybe take a couple. More than that it will just bind your stomach up. And being an opiate, taking large doses will set you back.

Plenty of people are dependent on it since they were taking such large doses during opiate withdrawal.

And like I mentioned before, taking anything in opiate withdrawal almost "cakes" into your brain and will cause a dependency literally 20x faster. Take benzos for example. If you take a xanax on days 1,2, + 3. Its going to help. But on day 4 you are going to have a nasty rebound from the xanax, and right back into opiate withdrawal full force.

Only take stuff that doesn't carry a dependence.

Yeah and apparently it also gives false positives for PCP. :ROFLMAO:

About loperamide, what dosage do you recommend? or does it depend on the opioid and the dose the person was taking?

I don't know if it's a weird symptom or not, but my nose get more stuffy than runny nose. What can be used for that?
Sudafed is a decongestant but it tends to pep you up and counteracts the benzos, increases blood pressure, etc. So try Afrin nasal spray - or if that's too unappealing, try a generic decongestant without pseudophedrine in it. There are folks who use pseudophedrine later on to get a boost of energy but that's after their withdrawal has passed.

As for loperamide, I needed a lot the first few weeks. Like 6-8 (2mg each) a day and I've read about people on this site taking more than that.

Sudafed is a decongestant but it tends to pep you up and counteracts the benzos, increases blood pressure, etc. So try Afrin nasal spray - or if that's too unappealing, try a generic decongestant without pseudophedrine in it. There are folks who use pseudophedrine later on to get a boost of energy but that's after their withdrawal has passed.

As for loperamide, I needed a lot the first few weeks. Like 6-8 (2mg each) a day and I've read about people on this site taking more than that.
Loperamide does not cross the blood brain barrier, so although it's related to opiates in a molecular way, it's not a true "opiate". That's why you can buy it over the counter everywhere.

As for binding you up, obviously that's where variability comes into this. Maybe you won't get terrible abdominal cramps and the runs. But I have suffered with them every time I've gotten off opiates.

Lyrica is still the main thing I'd suggest. Really takes the edge off.

I wouldn't even mess with the loperamide. If you are shitting your pants, maybe take a couple. More than that it will just bind your stomach up. And being an opiate, taking large doses will set you back.

Plenty of people are dependent on it since they were taking such large doses during opiate withdrawal.

And like I mentioned before, taking anything in opiate withdrawal almost "cakes" into your brain and will cause a dependency literally 20x faster. Take benzos for example. If you take a xanax on days 1,2, + 3. Its going to help. But on day 4 you are going to have a nasty rebound from the xanax, and right back into opiate withdrawal full force.

Only take stuff that doesn't carry a dependence.

Wow

I had never really thought about this, but it makes sense. :love:

What do you think of pregabalin? Some say it's addictive, I'm still not sure.

@Lauren1978 what about some anti-depressant to stabilize the mood a bit?

Alright so a little side note, I am fairly experienced with opiate withdrawal, I've gone through it about 5 times from heroin to oxy to suboxone.

But every time I've detoxed it's been in a rehab or jail, this time I'll be on the street.

A little back story: my grandfather just passed away and he has $300,000 in his will for me. But one of the clauses is I must remain opiate free to receive it. I'm going to be drug tested weekly for a year and each week I pass the opiate screenings i will receive a portion of the money.

So by next Friday, and for the rest of this year I need to be clean from opiates. The lawyer told me he won't pull any strings for me but that my grandfather told him he didn't care about being positive for other drugs.

So this is the last day I'll be using heroin, and i work full time so I need to try and be functional for work without dope.

A few questions,

Could MDMA help with motivation and depression if i took it for a couple days of withdrawals?

What about cocaine?

And what is the best benzo for opiate withdrawal, I should be able to get my hands on Xanax, but I figured Valium would be better cause of the longer half life
Kratom to help with withdrawals, skullcap tea and valerian root. Try to find some baclofen (I usually ask my doc for my back pain). Smoke pot earlier in the evening if you must. Yes Valium is a great long acting benzo.
Save the MDMA for PAWS, also I find a good 8th of shrooms can be useful during the end of the acute withdrawals.

Ask the lab what drugs they will be testing for. With a bit of luck you could use Kratom or loperamide.

Id say just go cold turkey. This man has left you 300K from working his GD ass off for God knows how long.Now you have been the one blessed with receiving over a quarter of a billion,and all you can think of is how to have this go as easy as possible. I hope you fail. You dont deserve that money. A man worked his entire life for it,another man should get it. Not a child.
This post seems to show your lack of understanding about the way addiction works.

Hopefully you've learnt something off Bluelight since then?

Although I hate to say it - but to truly understand one must suffer/experience.

Wow

I had never really thought about this, but it makes sense. :love:

What do you think of pregabalin? Some say it's addictive, I'm still not sure.

@Lauren1978 what about some anti-depressant to stabilize the mood a bit?
I've been on Pregabalin for over 4 years solid. It is most definitely causes physical dependence.

I've tried to take breaks but the withdrawal can be/is brutal.

Anyone know if Gabapentin will cover for Pregabalin withdrawal?

I've been on Pregabalin for over 4 years solid. It is most definitely causes physical dependence.

I've tried to take breaks but the withdrawal can be/is brutal.

Anyone know if Gabapentin will cover for Pregabalin withdrawal?

I tried pregabalin between May and July 2019, and now it doesn't work at all. :(

That really stinks, because I really liked its recreational effects. Although maybe my doses of tramadol were affecting the results.

I tried pregabalin between May and July 2019, and now it doesn't work at all. :(

That really stinks, because I really liked its recreational effects. Although maybe my doses of tramadol were affecting the results.
Wow! That was a rapid tolerance you built up. What doses were you taking?

I'd guess it would actually potentiate the Tramadol if anything...

Wow! That was a rapid tolerance you built up. What doses were you taking?

I'd guess it would actually potentiate the Tramadol if anything...

I don't remember much of those days. Basically I was high all day. :LOL: But it was a high dose of pregabalin (1000-1500 mg per day on my worst days). And with 200-400 mg. of tramadol I felt spectacular. :love: One day I took lorazepam and man they were too downers at one time. :ROFLMAO: But it wasn't took pregabalin every day. I believe 1-3 days a week. And in June and July it was a lot less days, so it's strange that I have developed such a high tolerance.

Do you think there is something like a chronic tolerance? or can it just be something psychological? Maybe my mind is predisposed that it won't work.

I don't remember much of those days. Basically I was high all day. :LOL: But it was a high dose of pregabalin (1000-1500 mg per day on my worst days). And with 200-400 mg. of tramadol I felt spectacular. :love: One day I took lorazepam and man they were too downers at one time. :ROFLMAO: But it wasn't took pregabalin every day. I believe 1-3 days a week. And in June and July it was a lot less days, so it's strange that I have developed such a high tolerance.

Do you think there is something like a chronic tolerance? or can it just be something psychological? Maybe my mind is predisposed that it won't work.
I really can't be sure on that... Sorry.

I really can't be sure on that... Sorry.

I think I should try it again once I'm 100% clean of tramadol or other opioids. I think it's just tolerance, but with tramadol, I can't go over 750mg. of pregabalin or I start to feel bad.

What is your dose currently?

I think I should try it again once I'm 100% clean of tramadol or other opioids. I think it's just tolerance, but with tramadol, I can't go over 750mg. of pregabalin or I start to feel bad.

What is your dose currently?
I'm currently prescribed 600 mg's per day (2 x 300 mg/s)

You can't go over 750 mg of Tramadol? Or 750 mg Pregabalin?