• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Orange Triangles Adelaide - LSD

It's great to see this sort of information making out to the public, pill descriptions and all....

"Taken from news.com.au"

'Vitamin C' drug behind overdoses
September 7, 2004

AN illicit drug resembling a Vitamin C tablet has made its way into Australia's party scene.

The drug, sold as ecstasy but containing LSD, is believed responsible for a spate of recent drug overdoses in Adelaide and has also been reported in eastern states, police said today.

The drug is sold as orange pills marked with a triangle and called Bermudas or orange triangles, or pills bearing a straight line referred to as Vitamin C, Trip2C or Tripstasy.

South Australian Detective Inspector Peter Giles said the pills did not contain ecstasy but LSD, causing users to experience visual hallucinations or distortions, fear, anxiety and depression.

He said at least 10 drug overdoses in Adelaide on the weekend of August 21-22 were linked to the pills. None of the overdoses were fatal.

Det Insp Giles said 300 orange tablets bearing the triangle mark were recently seized in Adelaide's northern suburbs but it was too early to tell if the supply had run out.

"The overdoses haven't presented in the same numbers as they did a couple of weeks ago (during August 21-22) and it would appear that possibly the batch that caused that problem may already be completely dispersed," Det Insp Giles said.

"On the other hand, it's possible it's still out there.

"No one can be certain that what they purchase, or is given to them on the understanding that it's a particular type of drug, is in fact what they are receiving and ingesting.

"The information we have had is that in this instance they thought they were getting ecstasy and it appears it was LSD."

Police were still investigating where the drug was coming from.

Det Insp Giles said there were reports Trip2C was circulating in Britain late last year.

AAP

It would have taken the journalist all of 30 seconds to to a internet search and find pages and pages on 2c-i.

Pathetic.

Here's the text

'Vitamin C' drug behind overdoses
September 7, 2004

AN illicit drug resembling a Vitamin C tablet has made its way into Australia's party scene.

The drug, sold as ecstasy but containing LSD, is believed responsible for a spate of recent drug overdoses in Adelaide and has also been reported in eastern states, police said today.

The drug is sold as orange pills marked with a triangle and called Bermudas or orange triangles, or pills bearing a straight line referred to as Vitamin C, Trip2C or Tripstasy.

South Australian Detective Inspector Peter Giles said the pills did not contain ecstasy but LSD, causing users to experience visual hallucinations or distortions, fear, anxiety and depression.

He said at least 10 drug overdoses in Adelaide on the weekend of August 21-22 were linked to the pills. None of the overdoses were fatal.

Det Insp Giles said 300 orange tablets bearing the triangle mark were recently seized in Adelaide's northern suburbs but it was too early to tell if the supply had run out.

"The overdoses haven't presented in the same numbers as they did a couple of weeks ago (during August 21-22) and it would appear that possibly the batch that caused that problem may already be completely dispersed," Det Insp Giles said.

"On the other hand, it's possible it's still out there.

"No one can be certain that what they purchase, or is given to them on the understanding that it's a particular type of drug, is in fact what they are receiving and ingesting.

"The information we have had is that in this instance they thought they were getting ecstasy and it appears it was LSD."

Police were still investigating where the drug was coming from.

Det Insp Giles said there were reports Trip2C was circulating in Britain late last year.

AAP

I heard this on Triple J today, they actualy had a profesor or something talking about how it was improbable that the active content was LSD and was more probably a 2C-X type substance.

Very interesting

Thanks Wazza, I wasn't aware of what was posted previously. The trip reports remind me of my experiences with 2c-t-7, but who knows with research chems? Will be interesting to see what was actally in them.

lol, notice how they said none of them were fatal... I think these people just freaked out!
The fact that they are calling a chemical which most people dont even know about LSD when it shows up as a 2c-xxxx chemical clearly show's that not only are they using propoganda, but they are also misinformed.

They did make some statements about it being tripstacy but maybe they didn't mention what was actually inside because it would lead to "advertisement" of an unknown drug.

but anyway it wasn't exactly sold as ecstasy around people i knew, and often you'd hear warnings of triangles being LSD (like all the other pills...)
but i was under the impression it was being sold as a different chemical, except to a few unsuspecting users (which were obviously noted in the article). The problem was when people were uneducated like the writers of this article that problems occured...

hmmm a world without propoganda and stupid bullshit, what would that be like, i wonder if the world would work better or if it would be even more shitty. You can't teach people who think they already know everything, too much time would be wasted that could be spent learning things that i dont know.

hmm, maybe someone should merge this topic with the other one about the same article?

Sorry lads- we know ALLLL about the 2C-series, and these pills definitely didn't have any in them. The ONLY active compound, on GCMS analysis, was LSD. Quantitative analysis is pending. I agree that someone is probably trying to fob them off as 2C-X; it's been a while since I've seen PILLS with just LSD in them- 1991 in London, to be precise!=D I've never seen or heard of them in Oz- they always have something else in, so much so that I didn't believe this result when I first got it and asked for a repeat. It is absolutely and unequivocally a real result.
There is no doubt that there is ALSO quite alot of 2CX floating around Adelaide at the moment, and I am keeping a sharp eye out for it...

Oh, and can someone tell me if they have ever heard of 'trip-2C' as opposed to 'Tripstacy'? Sounds made up to me, but I may just be mixing in the wrong crowds!

Um... Drplatypus; does that mean the whole "what's in the bermuda's" saga is over? Have you seen/been told the GCMS results?

After reading this i still think there is much more than meets the eye with these. All the times i ingested these they felt nothing like lsd. Are there more GC/MS tests to be done with these, or an analysis of a whole bermuda rather than a sample ?

Threads Merged.

I would doubt this is the same as the bermudas?

ld50 vs ssri said:
After reading this i still think there is much more than meets the eye with these. All the times i ingested these they felt nothing like lsd.

Agreed. Even though I've only done LSD about half a dozen times, I still dont think these are anything like LSD. I've always refered to them as an unknown research chem that isnt 2-Cx or LSx. Still. They are a LOT of fun.

...Might have to get me some more.

Overdosing on LSD is damn rare, I also agree that the people just freaked, maybe partly to do with the fact they thought they ingested ecstacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe that ... I never would have thought them to be acid, especially with how I perceived the effects and all the speculation, many convinced these were definately not LSD. Who would have thought acid to be powerful enough as to trick so many people into believing they weren't having acid.

Drplatypus, by the following:
There is no doubt that there is ALSO quite alot of 2CX floating around Adelaide at the moment, and I am keeping a sharp eye out for it...

Do you mean in pills sold as ecstacy, and if so, could there be a possibility of it in a different batch of the bermudas? The only reason I ask is that so many people (myself included) felt the effects of these to be different to lsd .. and I've never been scattered for 2 weeks after having acid either. Then again, I guess that could have been a very powerful placebo effect from the acid ... but I'm inclined to think otherwise.

The first time I saw a pill that someone was calling a 'bermuda' was at schoolies last year in SA. It was a dark teal colour. The triangles that we saw at a large outdoor event were orange, and scrapings came up as nothing on GCMS, but we could have easily missed LSD because of the minute dose required for them to be active. I have an anecdotal report of an orange triangle from Queensland containing LSD but it was never confirmed. The orange triangles that were shown by the police DEFINITELY CONTAIN LSD AND NOTHING ELSE. As to our overdoses, I don't think they were LSD- not really a 'hard' enough experience, and sedating as well, but seemed different to ketamine... Now THOSE might have been 2CX. Despite a prolonged and repeated explanation, most of the journo's seemed to have equated the 2. Meh8) - what can you do...

Ok I just saw the news reports and the good Dr discussing the pills. According to the report these have been brought here by the russion maffia.

The report calls them the orange trianges or bermudas, to me they did not look orange at all but this could have been file footage or a bad picture. But as the Dr says only LSD.