• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Orange Triangles Adelaide - LSD

thing is a standard dose of acid these days is a measley 50ug. Therefore u'd need 280 doses :p

And this 14000ug estimation, is it based on just a regular person who has never tried lsd before or what? Coz it's well known ppl have survived doses greater than that.

A few exceptions doesn't necessarily prove a rule though - I'm not sure if it's an estimated LD50 level, but if so by definition that means 50% of people who ingest a 'lethal dose' of LSD that large could reasonably expect to fail in their quest for enlightenment... or succeed perhaps. It doesn't mean that 0.2 mg/kg is enough to kill everyone.

BigTrancer :)

^^ Thanks BT. Just to add...

LD50 figures are species dependant, and what usually amounts to a human figure, has itself been derived from the species scaling model using rats, monkeys etc (this is not a linear, weight for weight scale)

Of course drugs are never fed to humans to see how many survive.

"Hey Dr Doom, yesterdays dose of LSD only killed 49 /100 people. In order to establish the true LD50 for humans, we'll need to up that dose slightly on the next trial " 8o

A good example of the potential inaccuracy of interspecies scaling appeared in "Science" in 1962. This involved an experiment with an elephant which went terribly wrong. The dose, 297mg was considered small by the interspecies scaling model, but following administration it was quickly apparent that something wasn't right.

What this shows, is that different species may respond differently to a drug, as it certainly appeared the case with BABAR who was given what was thought to be a relatively small dose for his weight :(

I've heard it said that around 1.0-1.2mg is where the mental expansion stops. Some have described muscle and nerve pains. I knew a guy who used to take massive amounts of acid when developing his 10 acres of land, before lifting heavy rocks by hand. He'd do 10+ hours a day, doing ~8-10 trips at a time (strong trips too) sometimes 2 x a day. He'd break only long enough for tolerance to drop. Over 3 months he seemed to achieve superhuman progress, but looked far worse for wear.

One morning he rang in some distress. For the past few days he'd been experiencing what he described as lightning bolts in his forearms; which he could feel, see and hear!! This and the impossible mental loops, eventually became too much and he bought an excavator ;)

The closest I ever got to hearing of a a dr doom was meeting a guy at a doof who'd spent some time involved in an LSD research project at Sydney Uni. He and a colleague had just returned from serving (England) in the Falklands war. Shortly after arriving in Sydney he saw an advertisement by the good dr who was looking for subjects who'd had experience with 1000ug of LSD or more.

Considering themselves appropriately experienced they joined the team, which was apparently nearing the end of the project. He went on to speak of hideous experiences on 1200ug, where he was made to sit and watch footage of the war he'd just returned from.

I could never verify the story other than to have his reputation backed up by a mutual friend.

So maybe there's something similar to Dr Doom out there still. Good luck mongman, if you find him, you'll definitely need it... 8(

^^^ That's TERRIBLE!!!!!!! Watching war footage on MASSIVE doses of ANY psychedelic........ That must have been seriously distrubing. I'm sure they're still probably screwed up to this day!!! What the hell kind of research is that supposed to be suporting anyway???

Sounds a little too much like "A clockwork orange" to me.... :(

1200 mics hey! Now I know how they got their name!

Sounds like Dr Doom is one mean MOFO! I think I will tread carefully with him.

I have personally gone over the 1000ug in one drop mark. I can say, personally, anything above 500ug really doesn't make the experience any more intense..just looong. About 3 days long at above the 1000ug mark. But I was always curious wether it could get more intense at these 10,000ug levels. 500-1000ug I didn't notice any delerium, but could more toxic levels achieve that?

phase_dancer said:
A good example of the potential inaccuracy of interspecies scaling appeared in "Science" in 1962. This involved an experiment with an elephant which went terribly wrong. The dose, 297mg was considered small by the interspecies scaling model, but following administration it was quickly apparent that something wasn't right.

What this shows, is that different species may respond differently to a drug, as it certainly appeared the case with BABAR who was given what was thought to be a relatively small dose for his weight :(

It should be noted that this elephant was also shot up with amphetamines and barbiturates (from memory?) to try and stabilize it once it fell over. I'll link up the source upon return.

A subsequent experiment was also performed by a completely different research group, who had to sign a disclaimer saying they would replace the elephant in whole if it also died.
The elephant survived.

edit: in regards to greater dosing than 1mg I'll agree with Dirty_deed - its just made me feel fuzzy afterwards for longer. I'd still one day love to thumbprint.

It should be noted that this elephant was also shot up with amphetamines and barbiturates (from memory?) to try and stabilize it once it fell over. I'll link up the source upon return.

Please do MoeBro. I wasn't aware any such followups were done so I'm keen to see the results. Perhaps Babar could have been predisposed in some way?

sorry, i havent read the entire thread, but just quickly, i had these last year in newcastle. it took 7 hours to affect me, so i guess thats why people ate massive quantities and 'overdosed'.

goddamit, the pachyderm died from the thorazine, not the LSD.

i'll keep saying this every time that poor elephant gets mentioned.

But didn't the elephant wobble and defecate before falling over? Was the attempted rescue with thorazine done before or after this?

I seem to remember the original article describing how Babar displayed typical distress characteristics, but as I said, I've read no followup to this.

there was another article linked somewhere on shroomery, but after their site rehaul I cant seem to find it =\
it may have been in that LSD superthread that centered mainly around the dudes heavily into thumbprinting