Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we'll just chalk today down as a misunderstanding, shall we?

It was this comment that had me thinking...

I never said I believe in stigma. But society carries these ethical principles and societal stigmas; the reason why narcotics are so frowned upon is because of the strong laws against it. An addict is an addict, but a poppy seed tea addict is certainly different from a heroin/street narcotics addict not just because the differences in lifestyle but because the societal and ethical differences between the two. In general people envision an IV heroin addict as a poor, homeless skinny man with needles in his napsack; but the thought of a poppy seed tea addict is just bizarre considering how widely available it is.

Maybe you worded it wrong. But again, why worry about these "ethical principles" if you dont believe in them?

Your right though, this is depressing, so im finishing now too.

Last edited:
Okay, we'll just chalk today down as a misunderstanding, shall we?

It was this comment that had me thinking...

Maybe you worded it wrong.

The original comment could have been misinterpreted easily since there's a huge barrier when it comes to text. But I don't see how the others would have been misunderstood. I was speaking in general terms; it is bizarre that poppy seeds are still readily available despite ongoing usage from people. But if poppy seeds were regulated and documented as much as heroin then they would essentially have proportional notoriety. It's kind of like alcohol; it causes a lot of problems upon use, but it's so widely integrated into our culture because of its popularity and strong legality.

Status
Not open for further replies.