Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainedMisery

Greenlighter
Hi,

I only just joined after doing a little online research about opium tea basically, nothing real hard but I wanted enough to help me out too, buying it is out so the only solution I could see is growing it.

A little about me, I have had very bad agoraphobia for around 9 years now, it began when i was with my ex husband and I've been a prisoner to it ever since.

I guess I have grown tired of not much working, I have tried mild opiates after surgery before and for once I actually felt like a normal person, I know it's no solution but sometimes it would be nice though no doctor is about to prescribe me opiates and i can't even leave my house alone so the growing them idea seemed my only real solution, I know this has likely been discussed a hundred times before buy i guess any advice would be nice.

I don't want to turn it into anything other than tea, so I guess that's about it for now.

Should have added,

With all the hassles that come with this, is it even worth trying? I'd much prefer to just find a doctor to help me but they won't ever prescribe opiates for anxiety and opiates seem a lot harder to get in Australia, just feel so lost and as if I've exhausted every possibly out there :(

I dont know about growing opium being that easy. If you dont have a garden with enough space and light etc.. its not going to be that easy. That and you're not going to get the final product for quite a while.
I would say if you need a temporary stop gap you could make poppy seed tea. You need to experiment with the dose relative to the supply you are getting. If you have a market or something near you you can generally buy poppy seed by weight and it will be a lot cheaper than buying in a supermarket. I've also seen lots of poppy seeds on ebay.
I dont find it very recreational but if you need a long lasting painkiller it could help you. You can boil down your product on a nonstick frying pan and scrape the black goo you get, mix it with some sugar until its no longer sticky and get it into a cap if you dont want to drink the stuff

Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) cultivation thread. Check that out, it should have all the information and more that you need.

I'm going to leave this thread open for the moment as you've brought up a few issues other than just cultivation. Please direct any cultivation discussion to the cultivation thread, rather than here, so we don't have duplicate discussions going on. Have a read through the thread though, as I imagine most of your cultivation questions will be answered throughout the thread.

Starting on poppy seed tea or using pods is a significant decision - please don't make it lightly. As PST contains long lasting alkaloids you can develop an addiction and tolerance even if you're not using every day. I remember a poster here mentioning even twice weekly PST caused an unpleasant withdrawal when they stopped. That might be an acceptable consequence for you, but just don't go in blind.

Given it doesn't sound like you have a tolerance, I'd really recommend trying milder opioids before going on to PST, if you're determined to go down the opioid route. Especially codeine. Have a look at the codeine and cold water extraction (CWE) thread. I know you said you can't leave the house, but codeine can be bought from any chemist and I imagine would be a fairly easy thing to ask someone to grab for you.

there are definate instances where self medication is applicable but from what you say im not sure you fall in to this category. im sure people will jump down my throat but looking at a potencial opiate addiction to make you more social isnt the best life choice. go get some counseling, you get a number of free visits on medicare and it does help

I personally feel opioids are the best anti-anxiety and anti-depressive there is. Doctors can lead to years of a rollercoaster of benzo and anti-depressant addictions. Footscray's CWE suggestion is worth consideration. But only occasional temporary relief. As Mister said, counselling to deal with the underlying issues.

I personally feel opioids are the best anti-anxiety and anti-depressive there is. Doctors can lead to years of a rollercoaster of benzo and anti-depressant addictions. Footscray's CWE suggestion is worth consideration. But only occasional temporary relief. As Mister said, counselling to deal with the underlying issues.

Yeah. Opiates kept me from necking myself everyday. I was going to play chicken with a train, but then I got high. :D

...and the constipation.
It took me 8 years to kick pst/pods/various opium preparations.
Beware - the honeymoon period may be sweet, but you still end up shackled to the damn stuff. You lose the autonomy of whether or not to use/hunt around for supplies.
You HAVE to. You have no choice.
If you have aspirations to travel or intend to keep your use a secret from loved ones...I recommend thinking long and hard about the consequences.
My 2c (from the woodwork)

^ well done on kicking the habit, would have been a tough challenge.

Does this mean we'll be seeing more of your posts?

Hope so...

Does this mean we'll be seeing more of your posts?

Hope so...

Me too.

Welcome back, SpaceJunk. Great to see your presence on the board, even if you are just checking in.

CB: we'll see...
Halif: thanks for your support and encouragement mate. I'll give you a full update when the opportunity presents itself.--
Can't thank you enough, my friend, hope you are doing well.

...and the constipation.
Beware - the honeymoon period may be sweet, but you still end up shackled to the damn stuff. You lose the autonomy of whether or not to use/hunt around for supplies.
If you have aspirations to travel or intend to keep your use a secret from loved ones...I recommend thinking long and hard about the consequences.

I have an addiction to PST. The physical withdrawals and psychological cravings are blatantly there, but I can't help but think that I'm making mountains out of mould hills. How is it that in such a controlled society I can go down to a shop and get whatever I want myself and end up addicted?

im sure people will jump down my throat but looking at a potencial opiate addiction to make you more social isnt the best life choice. go get some counseling, you get a number of free visits on medicare and it does help

How long are you planning on using opiates as a crutch? If you think your agoraphobia traps you wait until you are tethered to your addiction unable to plan a trip without thinking about supplies. A drug addiction is a drug addiction and opiates have a bad reputation for very good reason. The physical effects are non existent but the mental shackles are no better than what you already suffer from in my opinion.

^Certainly true that opiates are not a long term solution to anything, but it's the same as any other approach in that it can create a window of opportunity during which someone can make positive changes. Counselling can be very helpful but it takes time. Anti-depressants, also.

Things like benzodiazepines or opiates work pretty much immediately. There are heavy consequences for using them for too long without putting in your own effort to better your situation, but sometimes you have to be able to get out of the house first to at least experience what it's like to live without the affliction which has hobbled you in order to make changes.

Regardless of the crutch, it comes down to what the individual does during the positive effects phase.

And:

The physical effects are non existent

-not sure what you meant by that...

The physical effects are non existent but the mental shackles are no better than what you already suffer from in my opinion.
personally opiates have quite a strong physically effect and it is my understanding you become both physically and psychologically addicted. either way it's not impossible to be a functional user especially if you can keep from upping your dosages, but be prepared for a hard time especially if you decide to dry out.
years ago I used to have access to virtually unlimited amounts of pods and intentionally kept my usage to the same amount once a week saying that Pod tea keeps you high longer than any opiate i've tried and my uber brews would keep me high for around 24hours just in time to ease back into the work week, still I'd count the days from when it wore off till I could get on it again, the deeper you go the less important everything else in your life becomes. I think pharma opiates are easier to abuse , one can be cavalier about something you just picked up from the chemist but you don't spend months nurturing something to blow through it in a few weeks.
Still "Do what thou wilt" if you are looking to grow your own, depending on how often you want to use , you're going to need alot of space. each plant when mature needs at least a foot of area, crowding promotes disease, stretching and fewer pods, yields can be anything from 3 to 30 pods per plant, average for me around 7.
go with the a high morphine content strain, don't go with random seeds you could end up with super low alkaloid content or a thebaine variety and you could waste alot of time and possibly your life.
prepare beds and sow in autumn, go easy on the fert just a few good doses of N ( urine is great . no joke) especially at hook stage. poppies are very susceptible to mildews especially in humid climates so contrary to logic watering is your friend don't water stress your plants even near harvest just take it easy and give the whole plants a light spray. If your plants are healthy after harvesting your pods new shoots will appear at the nodes for a second flowering.
harvest with a foot of stem when pods are fully ripe but before the crown has opened to release seed, tie in bunches and hang up till they are bone dry , separate seeds, chuck em all in a blender to achieve a coarse tea like consistency and to standardize the potency of your pods, keep in an airtight container and use as needed.
Enjoy

...and the constipation.

glad to see your still around dude and doin alright.. even better to hear that you have you habit/addiction under control.. all the best in goin cold turkey (if that is your master plan)

Ill PM you sometime soon man, should catch up for a smoke or something (if your still on the buds that is)

take it easy brother

^Certainly true that opiates are not a long term solution to anything

I would argue that they are quite a good long term solution to chronic pain, for one. I have other controversial ideas about legitimate long term opiate use as well, they don't ruin your organs like alcohol, and many people drink a lot more than they should, they do not negatively affect your health to any great extent at all. The only real problem with long term opiate use is the inevitable dependence and increasing tolerance. In a humane society, these problems could be overcome extremely easily. Unfortunately, we do not live in that world.

Status
Not open for further replies.